Page 109 of 120 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1198

Thread: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

  1. #1081
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm still trying figure out how you demilitarize the cops.
    No surprise there.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #1082
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    SWAT already uses much of the gear you are referring to, are you saying we need to get rid of SWAT teams as well?
    SWAT doesn't patrol our streets every day. They're kept on a shelf for certain situations, educate yourself.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #1083
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    SWAT doesn't patrol our streets every day. They're kept on a shelf for certain situations, educate yourself.
    Heya Monte. Many Suburban COPs are SWAT and they are Everyday Patrol Officers.

  4. #1084
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya Monte. Many Suburban COPs are SWAT and they are Everyday Patrol Officers.
    Yes they do double. Never at the same time. Haven't seen where you are on this though, you like our budding police, or are you the more constitutionally minded? Morning dude.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #1085
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Only those who don't know what liberty is or how to spell it support this.



    This month, more Mine-Resistant Ambush-Protected vehicles (MRAPs) have found their way from the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq to the Main Streets of America. These are just the latest acquisitions in a growing practice by Pentagon that’s militarizing America’s municipal police forces.

    Police departments in Boise and Nampa, Idaho, each acquired an MRAP, as did the force in High Springs, Florida. The offer of war-ready machinery, at practically no cost, has proven hard to resist for local police departments. Increasingly, they are looking like soldiers equipped for battle.

    The growing similarity between our domestic police forces and the U.S. military is a result of the Pentagon’s 1033 Program. This allows the Defense Department to donate surplus military equipment and weapons to law enforcement agencies. In addition to the frightening presence of paramilitary weapons in American towns, the program has led to rampant fraud and abuse.

    http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debat...police-forces/
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #1086
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Some asshat threw a molotov cocktail at a Domino's pizza.

    Yeah, that's reasonable.
    The poor babies have been marginalized, so I've heard
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #1087
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yes they do double. Never at the same time. Haven't seen where you are on this though, you like our budding police, or are you the more constitutionally minded? Morning dude.
    Yeah.....if SWAT is called on then they break out their gear. I am for Law Enforcement doing their job. That being said.....some people are not meant to be in Law Enforcement. Which happens and they do get in and carry a badge. Which they will break the law and or go over the line.

    Anytime lethal and or deadly force is used. The LE needs to be questioned. Even when fired upon and justified.

  8. #1088
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Only those who don't know what liberty is or how to spell it support this.



    This month, more Mine-Resistant Ambush-Protected vehicles (MRAPs) have found their way from the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq to the Main Streets of America. These are just the latest acquisitions in a growing practice by Pentagon that’s militarizing America’s municipal police forces.

    Police departments in Boise and Nampa, Idaho, each acquired an MRAP, as did the force in High Springs, Florida. The offer of war-ready machinery, at practically no cost, has proven hard to resist for local police departments. Increasingly, they are looking like soldiers equipped for battle.

    The growing similarity between our domestic police forces and the U.S. military is a result of the Pentagon’s 1033 Program. This allows the Defense Department to donate surplus military equipment and weapons to law enforcement agencies. In addition to the frightening presence of paramilitary weapons in American towns, the program has led to rampant fraud and abuse.

    The militarization of U.S. police forces | The Great Debate
    I could be wrong, but didn't the "militarization" of local police forces start after 9/11 and the creation of Homeland Security? I'm pretty sure every congressional representative from Buttwart, Hicksville bitched and moaned in Congress that New York, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC were getting all the funding for increased access to weapons and other equipment. As a result, Congress either passed legislation or Homeland Security okayed the move and Buttwart, Hicksville and all the other little towns in America got their share of the hundreds of $billions in new age and surplus equipment.

    Maybe it's time to revert back to what Homeland Security was supposed to be - and it wasn't intended to be a pork barrel operation for Washington flunkies.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  9. #1089
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah.....if SWAT is called on then they break out their gear. I am for Law Enforcement doing their job. That being said.....some people are not meant to be in Law Enforcement. Which happens and they do get in and carry a badge. Which they will break the law and or go over the line.

    Anytime lethal and or deadly force is used. The LE needs to be questioned. Even when fired upon and justified.
    Can you directly answer my question?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #1090
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Rise of the Warrior Cop - WSJ

    Yesterday I posted comments from the retired Minneapolis police chief. Now I post comments from the retired Seattle police chief. You're Canadian, you have the mounted police, nice.


    Norman Stamper: What happened in Seattle in 1999 was a police overreaction, which I presided over. It was the worst mistake of my career. We used chemical agents, a euphemism for tear gas, against nonviolent and essentially nonthreatening protesters. The natural consequence of which are that we were the catalyst for heightened tension and conflict rather than peacekeepers, or for that matter even peacemakers. It's a lesson, unfortunately, that American law enforcement in general has not learned.

    http://www.vox.com/2014/8/14/6002451...zation-seattle
    Last edited by Montecresto; 08-16-14 at 11:47 AM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •