Page 104 of 120 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1198

Thread: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

  1. #1031
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    I can ask you similar questions. Do you want to believe what is reported? Because YOU KNOW that what is reported doesn't mean it is true. Look at what MSNBC did with the audio in the Trayvon case. Or ANY details from mass shootings. Just because it is reported doesn't mean it is fact.
    Holy ****! What is it that you did not understand about the following statement?
    "Pretty much nothing has been confirmed."
    I mean really. Had you understood it, none of your statements or questions would have been made.
    We know what has been reported, and of that, what sounds plausible and what doesn't.
    His cohorts account doesn't sound plausible at all. It sounds contrived.


    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Is this confirmed? Is it him? If so...fine. He is a criminal. Doesn't give law enforcement the grounds to kill him though.
    No one said it was reason to. You are arguing against what no one said.


    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    My ONLY concern is that the shooting is justified. You can't have cops shooting unarmed people and NOT investigate them.
    Your assertion of not being investigated is absurd.


    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    You missed the point. I was asking if you really think that it matters if he is a crip?
    Oy vey. I never said he had. I proffered an example of one who flashes a crip sign when they are not can get them killed. The same holds true for flashing a blood's sign.
    And no, you weren't asking.


    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Wannabees flash gang signs all the time. It is that BS get rich or die trying culture that is so glamorized in the inner city. Just look at a few ghetto kids facebooks. It is hilarious in a sad and pathetic kind of way. Flashing gang signs does not make one a gangsta. It just makes one...as you correctly stated...a dumb SOB.
    There are those who think they are flashing sign and are not.
    This is a specific. Coupled with were he lives it may or may not be real. Assuming it isn't makes about as much sense as assuming he is.
    Fact remains he was flashing sign. And coupled with his criminal behavior in the store. Yeah, he is a thug.


    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    I am not ignoring it. I am merely stating that gang signs do NOT make one a gangbanger. All we know is he flashed gang signs in a few pictures. That also doesn't mean he should be shot. It has no bearing on the case.
    You are arguing that which has not been argued. Your failure for not paying attention.


    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Engaging in petty BS crimes doesn't make one a thug. It makes one petty BS...or a punk. Doesn't make this kid a hardcore gangbanger. At best you got him on stealing gum...real hardcore.
    Again more nonsense.
    He was a thug.
    As evidenced by his criminal activity in the video.


    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    But Trayvon. Starting a fight? He wasnt a gang member. He was a punk 17 year old who wanted to try and be bobby badass. He stole jewlery (allegedly). His crimes were nothing more than petty BS crimes too. That doesn't make him a thug. It made him a punk. Tell me you don't think you could have kicked Trayvons ass? He was a punk kid. He needed an ass kicking, but he picked the wrong guy and got shot.
    And again, pretending is a punk. Not pretending by engaging in actual activities makes one a thug.
    They were both thugs by their own actions.


    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Sure if his actions are home invasions and gangbanging dope slinging kind of crimes. But neither one of these people were doing anything but petty BS crimes. Do you call someone who steals things a thug? Or a thief?
    Petty bs crimes?

    Not!
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #1032
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Please be honest. I am not justifying the rioting and looting. Your insistence that I am is intellectually dishonest.
    Any criticism of police excess equates to excuse and justification of the criminal behaviour of some protesters, which means the senators, the AG, the former Minneapolis police chief and a HOST of others critical of the police excess are also excusing and justifying criminal behaviour. Your right, it is intellectual dishonesty.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #1033
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Too much money, just equip all of the police officers within the state and send as much are needed to stop violence.

    But yes, I agree with you in that any violent protest must be stopped immediately.
    I think it is well worth it. This seems to be the new way these animals protest anytime someone is shot by a white officer. So anytime a shooting like this occurs, all officers and national guard folks should be put on high alert.. Then when protests start, they should be deployed and strictly told not to interveine or retaliate any action from protesters unless they start to become violent. Then it should be crushed immediately and with decisive force. Until this happens, these types of protests will continue to occur because we are lending legitimacy to them by not acting on them.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  4. #1034
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    As usual the facts come out, it turns out liberals have been defending a thug. and now we have to listen to them try to rationalize why they are still not WRONG on this issue, and that WE are all still racists.

    ah liberals. never change
    They've been criticising police excess, not defending Brown. Focus, nothing criminal is being defended.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #1035
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    They've been criticising police excess, not defending Brown. Focus, nothing criminal is being defended.
    Eh just let it go, this guy has his mind set, we liberals are out to destroy the world simply because we are liberal.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  6. #1036
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    No more intellectually dishonest than your attempts to paint myself, and others, as racists because we call out black youth burning and looting in Ferguson, Missouri. You dishonestly try to discount those views by claiming we taint all blacks as such.

    I'll take no lessons on intellectual honesty from a rookie in the field.
    We're all calling out burning and looting in the city. It's criminal, A and 2 it damages the efforts of the peaceful protesters that want police excess addressed. Care to talk about police excess? Probably not, because you're all good with the militarisation of the police.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #1037
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    In the interest of fairness, has it been confirmed that that's Brown in the video?
    They wouldnt have released that video in the news conference if they werent sure IMO. The liability would be disastrous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #1038
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    The whole damn thing is odd. Nobody has any clue what really happened from what I can see, which is why rush to judgments against either the cop or the dead man are both wrong.
    True, but the concern with law enforcement goes beyond the initial encounter to the days following that has others in law enforcement upset as well as legislators and a good many Americans who don't want our cops equipped like, looking like and acting like SF's in Iraq!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #1039
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I don't have the answers, but it seems that the first time the police confronted the two young men, they told them to get off the street and walk on the sidewalk. When the police car pulled away, the young men kept walking in the street so the police car stopped and the Brown came up to the passenger side of the police car and was conferring with the officer in that seat. The officer either pulled his gun out for some reason or the gun was visible to Brown and it seems there was a struggle for the gun and the gun went off in the car. After the gun went off, Brown started to run away at which point the officer shot at him, wounding him, and supposedly Brown turned around to surrender and the officer kept shooting at him until he was on the ground.

    There are no "facts" established at this point, but that appears to be the police "story". We'll know more when the autopsy results are disclosed, stating where Brown was hit and from what direction. If the story as presented above, or something similar, ends up being true, Brown is hardly an innocent murdered by a police officer but potentially a person who attempted to disarm and potentially murder a police officer. If the reports of the alleged "strong arm" robbery are correct, perhaps that information came over the police radio at the time Brown was at the police car talking with the officer. If so, Brown may have been trying to escape arrest.

    It's all speculation, but that's one possible scenario that makes sense to me. An officer simply murdering Brown in the middle of the day in the middle of a populated street makes little sense to me.
    It's very possible indeed that after the initial contact where the cops told them to get out of the street, they received word about and descriptions of the suspects in the store robbery. Maybe that put the cops on alert...maybe that's why one was drawing?

    That was one of my early thoughts.

    It's all speculation of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #1040
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    It's very possible indeed that after the initial contact where the cops told them to get out of the street, they received word about and descriptions of the suspects in the store robbery. Maybe that put the cops on alert...maybe that's why one was drawing?

    That was one of my early thoughts.

    It's all speculation of course.
    It is speculation at this point, but some things ring truer than others when common sense is all you have to go by.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •