Page 103 of 120 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1198

Thread: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

  1. #1021
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Just thinking out loud:

    If white cops are incapable of fairly policing communities comprised of mostly other races, perhaps they shouldnt?

    Maybe we should leave that decision up to those communities? Your choice: These cops? No cops? Provide men from your community that can qualify and will become cops?
    Not much bigotry in that notion.

    Then, white folks wouldn't want be policed by black cops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #1022
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,386

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    It was reported this morning that there was a shot fired within the police car, reportedly resulting from Mr. Brown struggling with the officer for control of the officer's firearm.

    That's not a "fact" as you claim only to be interested in, it is simply another reported piece of information that is filtering out as most things seem to do in situations such as these.
    That is the POINT!!! If everything is merely conjecture at this point...why defend either one of these people? I am going to say partisan BS and racism.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  3. #1023
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    That is the POINT!!! If everything is merely conjecture at this point...why defend either one of these people? I am going to say partisan BS and racism.
    There's no blanket defense or condemnation of either side, from my perspective. The majority of my comments have been related to the disgusting conduct of some of the residents of Ferguson, burning and looting, after the incident, of which there is ample direct video evidence.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  4. #1024
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Just thinking out loud:

    If white cops are incapable of fairly policing communities comprised of mostly other races, perhaps they shouldnt?

    Maybe we should leave that decision up to those communities? Your choice: These cops? No cops? Provide men from your community that can qualify and will become cops?
    I have a few black cops in my town, and I'm damn glad they're protecting me. They do a fine job in NH of policing primarily white communities (like mine).

    The community of Ferguson has a choice. The black residents can apply to be officers in their town, but so far nobody has proven that they (the blacks) are trying to tip the ratio in Ferguson. So it appears as if that primarily black community didn't have a problem with their almost all white police force until Saturday. JMO.

  5. #1025
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Or the police could just stop harassing them for being black.
    If you call arresting people for breaking the law, harassing, then no, they should not stop harassing someone for being black. It is well known and statistically proven that black communities in areas of poverty are high crime areas. "Harassment" IMO is justified based on the evidence that these areas need additional attention and observation due to the rate of crime in those locations.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  6. #1026
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,386

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Oh Gawd! Pretty much nothing has been confirmed. It is all pretty much just what's been reported.
    The Officer shot through the door. Reported. Do you have anything that refutes that?
    Going for the Officers gun/attacking reported.
    You don't want to believe what has been reported, fine, then you really have nothing to discuss.
    I can ask you similar questions. Do you want to believe what is reported? Because YOU KNOW that what is reported doesn't mean it is true. Look at what MSNBC did with the audio in the Trayvon case. Or ANY details from mass shootings. Just because it is reported doesn't mean it is fact.

    What I want to know are FACTS. How many witnesses? There is no dash cam footage (I found that out earlier). How many shots fired? Because you can't make a claim one way or the other in this case until you know the facts. At any rate...you have to admit that shooting someone who is unarmed warrants VERY close scrutiny.


    While all facts have not been reported, this is pretty much fact.
    Not confirmed by LE, sure? Not confirmed, by what is known? Nonsense.

    This from four days ago.
    The slain teenager and a friend were “accused of stealing gum from the store or some sort of cigarettes,” the alderman said.

    Protests, looting in streets after teen Michael Brown is fatally shot by police | WTVR.com


    So deal with the facts.
    Is this confirmed? Is it him? If so...fine. He is a criminal. Doesn't give law enforcement the grounds to kill him though.

    And I am giving you that it certainly does APPEAR to be him. But unless confirmed it is irrelevant, and even if 100% confirmed it is still not that important. All it means is that he is a dead criminal. My ONLY concern is that the shooting is justified. You can't have cops shooting unarmed people and NOT investigate them.

    Spare everybody you getting personal.
    It is uncalled for.
    You missed the point. I was asking if you really think that it matters if he is a crip? Wannabees flash gang signs all the time. It is that BS get rich or die trying culture that is so glamorized in the inner city. Just look at a few ghetto kids facebooks. It is hilarious in a sad and pathetic kind of way. Flashing gang signs does not make one a gangsta. It just makes one...as you correctly stated...a dumb SOB.


    18 year old adult.
    Flashing crip sign.
    It is far more likely that he knows the unwritten rules and isn't flashing because he is a wannabe.

    But you are ignoring that I do make for exception.
    I am not ignoring it. I am merely stating that gang signs do NOT make one a gangbanger. All we know is he flashed gang signs in a few pictures. That also doesn't mean he should be shot. It has no bearing on the case.

    s
    Pretending makes one a punk, he engaged ion actions that made him a thug.
    Engaging in petty BS crimes doesn't make one a thug. It makes one petty BS...or a punk. Doesn't make this kid a hardcore gangbanger. At best you got him on stealing gum...real hardcore.

    But Trayvon. Starting a fight? He wasnt a gang member. He was a punk 17 year old who wanted to try and be bobby badass. He stole jewlery (allegedly). His crimes were nothing more than petty BS crimes too. That doesn't make him a thug. It made him a punk. Tell me you don't think you could have kicked Trayvons ass? He was a punk kid. He needed an ass kicking, but he picked the wrong guy and got shot.


    See. There is no commonality here.
    As far as I am concerned, pretending is pretending. Engaging in actual actions is the determining factor.
    Sure if his actions are home invasions and gangbanging dope slinging kind of crimes. But neither one of these people were doing anything but petty BS crimes. Do you call someone who steals things a thug? Or a thief?

    Yes, with no facts to support such defense and actual facts against such defense.
    Sorry. That was a typo on my part. It was meant to state I'm not defending the kid. I think that might make the next few sentences more clear. Like I said...all I give a crap about is whether or not this cop did the right thing. Because you know we have plenty of MORON cops in this country.

    And if this kid reached in and tried to grab the cops gun...I would PREFER him to be dead.

    But if this cop panicked and shot an unarmed gum stealing punk...rather than tasing him and arresting him...he shouldn't be protected.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  7. #1027
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    What made your ignorant statement even more rich was it was at the beginning of your tirade about how important education is to the upper class. You closed mentioning it was that way with you. Next time you equate yourself as being superior, at least reread your posting.
    What made your CHILDISH statement even more irrelevant is the fact you chose to focus on a obvious typo rather than address the context of the post.

    You just wasted bandwidth with that little example of petty nonsense.

    But it's nothing new for you.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  8. #1028
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    One thing to consider is that a cop shouldn't be shooting someone dead over a robbery. At least if said person is unarmed. It is his job to arrest the guy for it. If he isn't capable of that...he has no business being a cop. So it really doesn't matter if this kid robbed the store or not.

    What matters is the circumstances around the shooting. Did he attack the cop? If so...grounds to kill him.

    Was he at a distance and unarmed? Then we gotta talk about how and why he got shot.
    Ok, I'll go along with that....There are reports that Brown was going for the cops gun in a struggle, but if that struggle was broken off, then the shooting stops....I am finding myself with more questions right now than answers.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1029
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    *cracks knuckles*

    Vandalism? Looting? Breaking into stores?

    Get out the cuffs, fine these bastards, lock em up.

    There is no need to be interested in why looting is their preferred method of protesting, there is only the need to put these people back in their places for being criminals.
    When this occurs, I think it should always be met with stiff forced. Bring in thousands of officers, even the national guard immediately. The only way to stop such protests is to make it futile to start one. I am not talking about peacefull protests, but protests that spiral into violence and looting.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  10. #1030
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Protests over Missouri teen's death turn violent[W:647,807]

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    When this occurs, I think it should always be met with stiff forced. Bring in thousands of officers, even the national guard immediately. The only way to stop such protests is to make it futile to start one. I am not talking about peacefull protests, but protests that spiral into violence and looting.
    Too much money, just equip all of the police officers within the state and send as much are needed to stop violence.

    But yes, I agree with you in that any violent protest must be stopped immediately.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •