Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 220

Thread: Obama, With Reluctance, Returns to Action in Iraq

  1. #21
    Advisor Swit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-13-16 @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    390

    Re: Obama, With Reluctance, Returns to Action in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Facts, are stubborn things...



    Obama is shucking and jiving, while innocent children are dying. Politics, is all this was to him.
    I am just curious.... Are you merely stating what Obama said in a debate with Romney or are you denying that an extension was requested? i mean this staement basically implies that he asked for one but the Iraqi government refused:
    "On Thursday, Obama addressed reporters in the White House Briefing Room about Iraq’s latest crisis. “Do you wish you had left a residual force in Iraq? Any regrets about that decision in 2011?” a reporter asked. “Well, keep in mind that wasn’t a decision made by me,” Obama said. “That was a decision made by the Iraqi government.”
    becausse all of the link provided by me showed that he was looking to extend our stay there. Or are you say that all media outlets mis-reported this?

  2. #22
    Advisor Swit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-13-16 @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    390

    Re: Obama, With Reluctance, Returns to Action in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    You are falsely equating two very different scenarios-the Benghazi attacks and the Iraqi genocide occurring now under Obama. They do share a common factor though-the death of innocents for Obama's PERSONAL political benefit.
    Seeing as how the consistant hammering against Obama for Bengazi appears to have effected his approval rating, can explain how this benefitted him politically?

  3. #23
    Advisor Swit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-13-16 @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    390

    Re: Obama, With Reluctance, Returns to Action in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    That was nothing new, especially in 2011. Obama decided to USE SOFA as an excuse-even though his own military advisors and Iraq said it would result in the very massacre's we see now. Thanks a lot Obama.
    The Iraqi parliment refused to allow our troops to be there.... should we have denied them their own sovereign right of governance?

  4. #24
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Obama, With Reluctance, Returns to Action in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    You are falsely equating two very different scenarios-the Benghazi attacks and the Iraqi genocide occurring now under Obama. They do share a common factor though-the death of innocents for Obama's PERSONAL political benefit.
    No, they share a common factor named baseless republican complaining.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  5. #25
    Advisor Swit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-13-16 @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    390

    Re: Obama, With Reluctance, Returns to Action in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    ISIS didn't exist when we got involved there, they came into prominence under Obama, rapidly expanding like all of these terrorist organizations do. This is what a weak leader does to the world.
    Many would argue that they came under prominence not because of Obama but because of the US decision to wage war in Iraq.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama, With Reluctance, Returns to Action in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Swit View Post
    Seeing as how the consistant hammering against Obama for Bengazi appears to have effected his approval rating, can explain how this benefitted him politically?
    There was a great deal more than Benghazi.

  7. #27
    Advisor Swit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-13-16 @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    390

    Re: Obama, With Reluctance, Returns to Action in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Those could have easily resolved and were expected to be.
    Care to explain how?

  8. #28
    Advisor Swit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-13-16 @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    390

    Re: Obama, With Reluctance, Returns to Action in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    There was a great deal more than Benghazi.
    True. I dont deny that. But the argument was that he allowed the people in Bengazi to die for political gain. And it hurt him politically. How does he gain by letting Americans die in bengazi.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama, With Reluctance, Returns to Action in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Swit View Post
    Care to explain how?
    Negotiations. You can look it up. U.S.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama, With Reluctance, Returns to Action in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Swit View Post
    True. I dont deny that. But the argument was that he allowed the people in Bengazi to die for political gain. And it hurt him politically. How does he gain by letting Americans die in bengazi.
    Because Benghazi happened just before the Presidential elections.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •