Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 102

Thread: James Brady Death ruled a Homicide.

  1. #51
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: James Brady Death ruled a Homicide.

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    Except he was 73 years old.
    do you have medical facts to dispute the finding of the medical examiner?.. if so.. bring 'em on.

  2. #52
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: James Brady Death ruled a Homicide.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    On that point you disagree with Ronald Reagan and millions of Americans who supported the bill for that very reason.
    on that ppoint, Reagan and millions of Americans who supported the law ...were wrong... and TD is correct.

  3. #53
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: James Brady Death ruled a Homicide.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    do you have medical facts to dispute the finding of the medical examiner?.. if so.. bring 'em on.
    Was the ME report released? Only talking points from the ME's office in Northern VA were released. Basically a blow hard statement of "[Brady's] remains were transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for the Northern District of Virginia. An autopsy was conducted and revealed the cause of death to be a gunshot wound and consequences thereof, and the manner of death was ruled a homicide."

    This type of medical ruling justifies these kinds of asinine statements... Blaming my elementary teachers if I ever get skin cancer and die. Blaming adult beverage makers if I ever died from some alcohol related disease, or Blaming God for creating my life.

    So Teachers are murders, Budweiser is a murder, and so is God.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  4. #54
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: James Brady Death ruled a Homicide.

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    Was the ME report released? Only talking points from the ME's office in Northern VA were released. Basically a blow hard statement of "[Brady's] remains were transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for the Northern District of Virginia. An autopsy was conducted and revealed the cause of death to be a gunshot wound and consequences thereof, and the manner of death was ruled a homicide."

    This type of medical ruling justifies these kinds of asinine statements... Blaming my elementary teachers if I ever get skin cancer and die. Blaming adult beverage makers if I ever died from some alcohol related disease, or Blaming God for creating my life.

    So Teachers are murders, Budweiser is a murder, and so is God.
    well, i'm ok with you not buying into the medical examiners expertise... I got no money on this particular game. <shrugs>


    why would the ME lie, though?

  5. #55
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: James Brady Death ruled a Homicide.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    well, i'm ok with you not buying into the medical examiners expertise... I got no money on this particular game. <shrugs>


    why would the ME lie, though?
    I don't either.. I think it's bull.

    ME's don't lie per se.. but they do tend to stretch the rulings in cases like this for family purposes (insurance related issues).
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  6. #56
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: James Brady Death ruled a Homicide.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    Totally agree. Brady just didn't fall over and die last week. From 1981 he has never had normal operation of his limbs and mostly confined to his wheelchair. Brady's career was over and his life cruelly ruined.

    Meanwhile, Brady has enjoyed freedom most murderers don't. From the above article:

    Hinckley almost killed a living president and destroyed this man's life. Of course he was found conveniently insane so never did hard time.

    Sucks to commit crimes , doesn't it.
    I think the insanity defense is a crock of **** defense invented by some piece of **** ambulance chaser who hopefully is rotting in hell for setting such a precedent.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: James Brady Death ruled a Homicide.

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I think the insanity defense is a crock of **** defense invented by some piece of **** ambulance chaser who hopefully is rotting in hell for setting such a precedent.
    So you don't know what you're talking about.

    The insanity defense has been around since ancient times.

  8. #58
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: James Brady Death ruled a Homicide.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    So if you shoot a person, they survive and die twenty years later it can be called a homicide.

    Reagan aide Jim Brady's death ruled homicide
    I never knew medical examiner made that determination... learn something new every day I guess.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:20 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,478

    Re: James Brady Death ruled a Homicide.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    So you don't know what you're talking about.

    The insanity defense has been around since ancient times.
    Gee, with all the tactics that defense lawyers have came up with it is somewhat amazing that none have ever thought about using the insanity rule to avoid time in prison.

    He was insane enough to pull out a gun and start shooting but sane enough to not march down the street spinning the pistol in his hand before the assassination attempt.

    If he is insane enough to try and kill innocent people then lock him up for life. He has proven to inflict great harm on people and currently he spends half of the time out of the hospital.
    Am sorry if some feel that would be a great inconvenience for him to be locked up in a hospital for the rest of his life. Sorry I just don't have any sympathy left in the cupboard for attempted killers.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: James Brady Death ruled a Homicide.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    Gee, with all the tactics that defense lawyers have came up with it is somewhat amazing that none have ever thought about using the insanity rule to avoid time in prison.

    He was insane enough to pull out a gun and start shooting but sane enough to not march down the street spinning the pistol in his hand before the assassination attempt.

    If he is insane enough to try and kill innocent people then lock him up for life. He has proven to inflict great harm on people and currently he spends half of the time out of the hospital.
    Am sorry if some feel that would be a great inconvenience for him to be locked up in a hospital for the rest of his life. Sorry I just don't have any sympathy left in the cupboard for attempted killers.
    What? In case you're under the impression that the insanity defense is commonly used, its not. Its used in 1% of cases, and succeeds in only a quarter of those.

    The defense was insanity, not automatism (that he literally didnt know he was shooting). That he knew he would be impeded doesnt affect the fact that he was a delusional schizophrenic.

    Why? If professional judgment holds that he is no longer dangerous, then why should they not work toward rehabilitation?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •