Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 344

Thread: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

  1. #331
    User Dem's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Last Seen
    04-24-15 @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    131

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Good! Religion sholuld stay in churches.

  2. #332
    Guru
    RogueWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Atheist Utopia aka Reality
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    What, you mean like these?

    Attachment 67171247Attachment 67171248Attachment 67171249Attachment 67171250Attachment 67171251

    There are plenty of other examples. And don't make me pull out all of the Nazi symbolism found in German churches of the day either, I can do that.

    You have no clue what you're talking about.
    Fenton needs to open his eyes.
    Maybe if HE did 5 minute google searches instead of sticking to sites like conservapedia, he might learn something.

    It is hard to fight indoctrination, Fenton, but you will find it is well worth the effort.
    Hitler was a catholic christian.
    He said it in his own words.
    His armies all fought under the banner of god. Gott Mit Uns. As Cephus demonstrated quite clearly so even a 6 year old can understand, Nazi and christian symbolism were intertwined.

    There is no way you can hide from that fact unless you are going to be willfully ignorant which is of course your choice. A sad choice to be sure but still a choice.
    Everyone is born a homo sapiens sapiens but not everyone is a human. -RW
    Trumplethinskin! 4 handicap and getting better every weekend!
    Alex Jones for Press Secretary!!!!!!


  3. #333
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,422

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    thatS correct, the 1st is a restriction placed on the federal government to make no LAWS concerning religion,

    having a monument on a piece of property is not..... LAW.
    I agree with this, but... honestly, I'd rather not have stuff like that displayed on public property. I'd rather my government be 100% neutral. Want to display something? Hire a local photographer and get some shots of the local area.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #334
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by RogueWarrior View Post
    Fenton needs to open his eyes.
    Maybe if HE did 5 minute google searches instead of sticking to sites like conservapedia, he might learn something.

    It is hard to fight indoctrination, Fenton, but you will find it is well worth the effort.
    Hitler was a catholic christian.
    He said it in his own words.
    His armies all fought under the banner of god. Gott Mit Uns. As Cephus demonstrated quite clearly so even a 6 year old can understand, Nazi and christian symbolism were intertwined.

    There is no way you can hide from that fact unless you are going to be willfully ignorant which is of course your choice. A sad choice to be sure but still a choice.
    And it's not just that the Nazis used Christian symbolism, the German Christians used Nazi symbolism. It wasn't just in Germany though, the whole of the Catholic Church was on Hitler's side, the Pope was openly friendly to Hitler and his regime. It doesn't matter what Christians, clueless and gullible, want to believe, we've got the proof.

    From the Martin Luther Memorial Church, built in 1935. Hitler greatly admired Martin Luther and mentioned him in Mein Kampf as a great reformer.

    MLMC5.jpg

    This is the baptismal font, picturing Hitler holding a Nazi stormtrooper hat.

    MLMC6.jpg

    This is part of a stone relief, featuring the crown of thorns and a Nazi stormtrooper.

    MLMC7.jpg

    A wooden frieze on the pulpit picturing Jesus standing next to a Nazi soldier, surrounded by Aryan women and children.

    It's not that hard to understand. Hitler said he was a Christian, all of the rest of the Nazis said he was a Christian, the Catholic church said he was a Christian he described how his Christian beliefs caused the Holocaust, how, then, is he magically not a Christian? Because Christians are desperately trying to distance themselves from him? Deal with reality!
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #335
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I agree with this, but... honestly, I'd rather not have stuff like that displayed on public property. I'd rather my government be 100% neutral. Want to display something? Hire a local photographer and get some shots of the local area.
    since i am for the constitution, and the federal government was suppose to be restricted from violating rights via the bill of rights, and states were suppose to be involved in the life's liberty and property of the people, then it would be contingent on state constitutional law, not federal.

    but the Constitution is very clear, "congress shall make no law".....

  6. #336
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    And it's not just that the Nazis used Christian symbolism, the German Christians used Nazi symbolism. It wasn't just in Germany though, the whole of the Catholic Church was on Hitler's side, the Pope was openly friendly to Hitler and his regime. It doesn't matter what Christians, clueless and gullible, want to believe, we've got the proof.

    From the Martin Luther Memorial Church, built in 1935. Hitler greatly admired Martin Luther and mentioned him in Mein Kampf as a great reformer.

    MLMC5.jpg

    This is the baptismal font, picturing Hitler holding a Nazi stormtrooper hat.

    MLMC6.jpg

    This is part of a stone relief, featuring the crown of thorns and a Nazi stormtrooper.

    MLMC7.jpg

    A wooden frieze on the pulpit picturing Jesus standing next to a Nazi soldier, surrounded by Aryan women and children.

    It's not that hard to understand. Hitler said he was a Christian, all of the rest of the Nazis said he was a Christian, the Catholic church said he was a Christian he described how his Christian beliefs caused the Holocaust, how, then, is he magically not a Christian? Because Christians are desperately trying to distance themselves from him? Deal with reality!
    you are not trying to associate Nazis TO Christianity..are you?.......and that is again, that Christianity is tied to being national socialist.

    or is it you mean the Nazis used Christianity for their purposes.

  7. #337
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,422

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    since i am for the constitution, and the federal government was suppose to be restricted from violating rights via the bill of rights, and states were suppose to be involved in the life's liberty and property of the people, then it would be contingent on state constitutional law, not federal.

    but the Constitution is very clear, "congress shall make no law".....
    Whoa there. Sometimes you're a little too myopic. I didn't say anything about Congress making a law.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #338
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Whoa there. Sometimes you're a little too myopic. I didn't say anything about Congress making a law.
    i did not say you did..

    i wanted to convey, i am a firm believer in federalism.....i believe in that states should sovereign and independent states from one another, and the federal government [congress] out of matters of the people.

  9. #339
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,422

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i did not say you did..

    i wanted to convey, i am a firm believer in federalism.....i believe in that states should sovereign and independent states from one another, and the federal government [congress] out of matters of the people.
    Ok, got'cha. I was just saying that I would prefer local and/or state government choose to not display such things even if they are technically allowed to.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #340
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    you are not trying to associate Nazis TO Christianity..are you?.......and that is again, that Christianity is tied to being national socialist.

    or is it you mean the Nazis used Christianity for their purposes.
    No, it's painfully clear that you're desperately trying to find some way around the reality that Christianity and Nazism were linked. You just don't want to admit it.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •