Women (Nasty or otherwise) are going to be the reason that Donald Trump is NEVER President!
Where bias can can be shown, is that policy or is that just one judge? The problem could be just a few biased people in office and not the whole government.
Many religions wouldn't apply for a display, either, like Buddhism, so even in the best case we still would never see each and every single religion in the public presentation.
If we say that every religion would apply and every aplication was treated fairly, some presintations may yet be denied on the basis of nudity or graphic depiction of animal/human sacrifice. PETA has its lawyers, too.
If we say that every religion would apply and every aplication was treated fairly and every presentation was PG, religions don't all have an equal number of members funding the effort. Some presintations would be greater or less than others.
Last edited by Jerry; 08-11-14 at 05:48 PM.
No, Hitler was NOT a Christian. I understand WHY that narrative has been perpetuated but I don't understand why so many so effortlessly buy into it without even thinking about cracking open a History book.
Hitler was pushing for the creation of a National Reich Church and had he stayed in power there's no doubt he would have succeeded.
Here are a few points taken from the National Rieche Church's 30 point program.
1. The National Reich's Church of Germany categorically claims the exclusive right and the exclusive power to control all churches within the borders of the Reich; it declares these to be national churches:
5. The National Reich Church is determined to exterminate irrevocably and by every means the strange and foreign Christian faiths imported into Germany in the ill-omened year 800.
7. The National Reich Church has no scribes, pastors, chaplains or priests but National Reich orators are to speak in them.
10. The National Reich Church irrevocably strives for complete union with the state. It must obey the state as one of its servants. As such, it demands that all landed possessions of all churches and religious denominations be handed over to the state. It forbids that in future churches should secure ownership of even the smallest piece of German soil or that such be ever given back to them. Not the churches conquer and cultivate land and soil but exclusively the German nation, the German state.
13. The National Reich Church demands immediate cessation of the publishing and dissemination of the Bible in Germany as well as the publication of Sunday papers, pamphlets, publications and books of a religious nature.
14. The National Reich Church has to take severe measures in order to prevent the Bible and other christian publications being imported into Germany.
15. The National Reich Church declares that to it, and therefore to the German nation, it has been decided that the Fuhrer's "Mein Kampf" is the greatest of all documents. It is conscious that this book contains and embodies the purest and truest ethics for the present and future life of our nation.
18. The National Reich Church will clear away from its altars all crucifixes, Bibles and pictures of Saints.
19. On the altars there must be nothing but "Mein Kampf", which is to the German nation and therefore to God the most sacred book, and to the left of the altar a sword.
22. The National Reich Church repudiates the christening of German children, particularly the christening with water and the Holy Ghost.
28. The National Reich Church rejects the customary day of prayer and atonement. It demands that this be transferred to the holiday commemorating the laying of the foundation stone of the National Reich Church.
Nazi persecution of the Catholic Church in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" If no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else ? "
"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.
Hitler was very clear that he was a Christian. Whether you like that or not, that doesn't change the fact. Try again.
jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "