Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 344

Thread: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

  1. #241
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,044

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    you better look again, that is Moses holding the 10 commandments,...Moses is the law giver..... he holds 2 tablets.

    Moses is also displayed at the court, with him sitting and both the tablets on each side.



    we were not discussing the supreme court and the founders, but that some laws and ldeas of the founders, reflect Christianity.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    One official Supreme Court document, he found, cited a letter from sculptor Adolph A. Weinman that said the “pylon” carved with Roman numerals I to X “symbolizes the first ten amendments to the Constitution.” But the letter was anomalous; it didn’t have a number of certifying marks that were typical of others.

    So he continued looking and after calling in some assistance in his hunt for evidence, he found a 1975 official U.S. Supreme Court Handbook, prepared under the direction of Mark Cannon, administrative assistant to the chief justice. It said, “Directly above the Bench are two central figures, depicting Majesty of the Law and Power of Government. Between them is a tableau of the Ten Commandments…”

    Read more at Ten Commandments stunner: Feds lying at Supreme Court



    Ten Commandments stunner: Feds lying at Supreme Court
    There isnt any religious representation. And you are the one that brought up the founders. ANd the photo that I talked about was the bill of rights. ANd I acknowledged Moses and the tablets representing the ten commandments. But the commandments themselves show up nowhere in or on the entire building.

    And most glaringly I provided you with a link to the official supreme court site that explains that the bill of rights and all of the figures in the sculptures. Moses is from the old testament not the new testament, having Moses there doesnt at all represent Christianity at all. What isnt there is anything to do with the Christian faith. Zero reflection of anything Christian shows your willingness to lie and try and rewrite history.

    Moses was not Christian and can never represent a Christian influence

  2. #242
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,044

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post



    Justinian I | Architect of the Capitol | United States Capitol

    Both relief carvings represent law givers. About Relief Portrait Plaques of Lawgivers | Architect of the Capitol | United States Capitol

    Statue of John Marshall Statue of John Marshall





    So whats your point? Theres a statue of John Marshal on the grounds does that mean that along with the Torah, Zeus, Confucius, John Marshall reflects where our laws came from?

  3. #243
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    National News - WEAR ABC Channel 3



    I get so sick of this idiotic crap. Nowhere in the Constitution is this judge's decision supported. No law has been passed by Congress that gives preference of one religion over any other in this case. This is nothing more than some dumbass getting all butt-hurt over the Ten being displayed and deciding to sue to get it removed.
    You're allowed to put the ten commandments up in your own home and church. If you are not at home or in a church, there is a copy of the ten commandments in the bible which you can have on your person at all times.

    Bam. Problem solved.

  4. #244
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    There isnt any religious representation. And you are the one that brought up the founders. ANd the photo that I talked about was the bill of rights. ANd I acknowledged Moses and the tablets representing the ten commandments. But the commandments themselves show up nowhere in or on the entire building.

    And most glaringly I provided you with a link to the official supreme court site that explains that the bill of rights and all of the figures in the sculptures. Moses is from the old testament not the new testament, having Moses there doesnt at all represent Christianity at all. What isnt there is anything to do with the Christian faith. Zero reflection of anything Christian shows your willingness to lie and try and rewrite history.

    Moses was not Christian and can never represent a Christian influence

    you seem to be off track, I am responding to your post #229 ..not 223

    no its not the bill of rights,...as you can see its a tablet....the 10 amendments did not come from tablets.

    now when it comes to addressing you post 223. the declaration of independence is u.s. law...it us code.

    the declaration speaks of god, and his divine Providence


    " And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

    as to the declaration of being law, it is also used in u.s. laws, like the enabling acts of the u.s.

  5. #245
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post


    Justinian I | Architect of the Capitol | United States Capitol

    Both relief carvings represent law givers. About Relief Portrait Plaques of Lawgivers | Architect of the Capitol | United States Capitol

    Statue of John Marshall Statue of John Marshall





    So whats your point? Theres a statue of John Marshal on the grounds does that mean that along with the Torah, Zeus, Confucius, John Marshall reflects where our laws came from?

    well its simple people of the bible, are in our government buildings / institutions..

  6. #246
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    the ACLU will never challenge the images of Moses and the 10 commandments on the USSC, because they know its a no win situation

  7. #247
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,467

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    No. The SCOTUS ruled on THAT case and it doesn't apply to the one we are discussing. But this one does....


    McCreary County v. American Civil Liberties Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    "...In a suit brought by the American Civil Liberties Union of Kentucky, the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit held that the displays—in this case, a Ten Commandments display at the McCreary County courthouse in Whitley City, Kentucky and a Ten Commandments display at the Pulaski County courthouse—were unconstitutional.

    The appeal from that decision, argued by Mathew Staver of Liberty Counsel, urged reformulation or abandonment of the "Lemon test" set forth in Lemon v. Kurtzman, which has been applied to religious displays on government property and to other Establishment Clause issues.

    The Supreme Court ruled on June 27, 2005, in a 5-4 decision, that the display was unconstitutional....".
    The reason Van Orden v. Perry was ruled constitutional was because the TC monument was located in a park that included 17 other monuments that depicted or represented the history of Texas. The monument itself was not a stand alone religious symbol located on or in the City Hall or courthouse proper like the monument in the McCreary County case or this one.


    Applying the Lemon Test.....


    The Court's decision in this case established the "Lemon test", which details the requirements for legislation concerning religion. It is threefold:

    1.The statute must not result in an "excessive government entanglement" with religious affairs. (also known as the Entanglement Prong)

    2.The statute must not advance or inhibit religious practice (also known as the Effect Prong)

    3.The statute must have a secular legislative purpose. (also known as the Purpose Prong)

    If any of these prongs are violated, the government's action is deemed unconstitutional under the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

    Lemon v. Kurtzman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  8. #248
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,044

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    you seem to be off track, I am responding to your post #229 ..not 223

    no its not the bill of rights,...as you can see its a tablet....the 10 amendments did not come from tablets.

    now when it comes to addressing you post 223. the declaration of independence is u.s. law...it us code.

    the declaration speaks of god, and his divine Providence


    " And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

    as to the declaration of being law, it is also used in u.s. laws, like the enabling acts of the u.s.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    well its simple people of the bible, are in our government buildings / institutions..
    Yet none of them are actually Christian nor represented as for religious reasons. So claiming a Christian influence isnt going to be found with any figures on government buildings. Divine Providence isnt at all viewed as just being a Christian thing. "May divine providence bless us with enough courage and enough determination to perceive within ourselves this holy German space." - Adolf Hitler, Speech, March 24, 1933


    So define the declaration of independence as a law? What did the declaration of independence do originally? What "Title" of US code law is the declaration of independence under? Oh wait it is in the "Front Matter" isn't it? The Front matter though are not law's oops you fail.

    "Pages of a book that precede the first page of the text, and may include the half title, frontspiece (illustration usually facing the first page or title page), title page, dedication, table of contents, acknowledgements (or list of contributors), list of illustrations, and list of tables. Front matter is usually printed last to allow for final adjustments, and is often numbered in Roman numerals instead of Arabic numerals used for the main text."

    What is front matter? definition and meaning

    Definition of front matter in English:
    front matter
    Syllabification: front matĚter
    Entry from US English dictionary

    NOUN

    The pages preceding the main text of a book, including the title, table of contents, and preface.

  9. #249
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Yet none of them are actually Christian nor represented as for religious reasons. So claiming a Christian influence isnt going to be found with any figures on government buildings. Divine Providence isnt at all viewed as just being a Christian thing. "May divine providence bless us with enough courage and enough determination to perceive within ourselves this holy German space." - Adolf Hitler, Speech, March 24, 1933
    I did not make the claim Christianity was on the USSC, I stated Moses and the 10 commandments was....and he and they are.

    Providence in general, or foresight, is a function of the virtue of prudence, and may be defined as the practical reason, adapting means to an end. As applied to God, Providence is God Himself considered in that act by which in His wisdom He so orders all events within the universe that the end for which it was created may be realized. That end is that all creatures should manifest the glory of God, and in particular that man should glorify Him, recognizing in nature the work of His hand, serving Him in obedience and love, and thereby attaining to the full development of his nature and to eternal happiness in God. The universe is a system of real beings created by God and directed by Him to this supreme end, the concurrence of God being necessary for all natural operations, whether of things animate or inanimate, and still more so for operations of the supernatural order. God preserves the universe in being; He acts in and with every creature in each and all its activities. In spite of sin, which is due to the wilful perversion of human liberty, acting with the concurrence, but contrary to the purpose and intention of God and in spite of evil which is the consequence of sin, He directs all, even evil and sin itself, to the final end for which the universe was created. All these operations on God's part, with the exception of creation, are attributed in Catholic theology to Divine Providence. Hitlers speech is not law, the declaration is, with its founding principles.

    Though the term Providence is applied to God only three times in Scripture (Ecclesiastes 5:5; Wisdom 14:3; Judith 9:5), and once to Wisdom (Wisdom 6:17), the general doctrine of Providence is consistently taught throughout both the Old and New Testaments

    http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12510a.htm


    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    So define the declaration of independence as a law? What did the declaration of independence do originally? What "Title" of US code law is the declaration of independence under? Oh wait it is in the "Front Matter" isn't it? The Front matter though are not law's oops you fail.

    "Pages of a book that precede the first page of the text, and may include the half title, frontspiece (illustration usually facing the first page or title page), title page, dedication, table of contents, acknowledgements (or list of contributors), list of illustrations, and list of tables. Front matter is usually printed last to allow for final adjustments, and is often numbered in Roman numerals instead of Arabic numerals used for the main text."

    What is front matter? definition and meaning

    Definition of front matter in English:
    front matter
    Syllabification: front matĚter
    Entry from US English dictionary

    NOUN

    The pages preceding the main text of a book, including the title, table of contents, and preface.
    book 1 of u s code, has a very very large preface I believe about 55 pages, but page 1 of the book is the declaration.

    read the enabling acts law of the u.s. of 1906 ...section 3, as well as others, it states that a state constitution must not be repugnant to the constitution or the declaration of independence.
    Last edited by Master PO; 08-10-14 at 06:16 PM.

  10. #250
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    National News - WEAR ABC Channel 3



    I get so sick of this idiotic crap. Nowhere in the Constitution is this judge's decision supported. No law has been passed by Congress that gives preference of one religion over any other in this case.
    This is nothing more than some dumbass getting all butt-hurt over the Ten being displayed and deciding to sue to get it removed.


    And they won and it's going to be removed.

    Case closed.

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •