Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 344

Thread: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

  1. #111
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    I don't have beliefs to force on anyone.
    Of course you do. You believe their's no god. You want the government to help you force your belief on the rest if us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #112
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Of course you do. You believe their's no god. You want the government to help you force your belief on the rest if us.
    If not having a stone idol of your 10 commandments somehow forces you to stop believing in god, you never did in the first place. Get a clue.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  3. #113
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    If not having a stone idol of your 10 commandments somehow forces you to stop believing in god, you never did in the first place. Get a clue.
    It appears to be the words with which you disagree, not just the method of their display...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  4. #114
    Advisor Swit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-13-16 @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    390

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Of course you do. You believe their's no god. You want the government to help you force your belief on the rest if us.
    This is ridiculous. I don't believe in the existance of unicorns or dragons. Does that somehow qualify as a religion too?

  5. #115
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    It appears to be the words with which you disagree, not just the method of their display...
    It's both. The words indicate archaic thinking and it's display is offensive since it has nothing at all to do with laws or government.
    Again, I don't know how it is that you are still not clear on this. Perhaps a course in English comprehension will serve you well.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  6. #116
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    If not having a stone idol of your 10 commandments somehow forces you to stop believing in god, you never did in the first place. Get a clue.
    Well, if a stone monument with words on it, displayed on public property somehow forces you to stop believing there's no god, you never did in the first place. Get a clue, yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #117
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    It is NOT ESTABLISHING A LAW.

    Jeez man.

    If they posted a copy of the Commandments, and then passed a law stating you had to folow those Commandments or else, then THAT would be a violation of our Constitution.

    The Constitution is written in English.

    Why is it so difficult for some people to comprehend ?
    It was written simply enough that both myself and a judge agreed that it was unconstitutional.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  8. #118
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,244

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by Swit View Post
    This is ridiculous. I don't believe in the existance of unicorns or dragons. Does that somehow qualify as a religion too?

    Actually Atheism is a religion.

    It requires faith in the unkown too.

  9. #119
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    It's both. The words indicate archaic thinking and it's display is offensive since it has nothing at all to do with laws or government.
    Again, I don't know how it is that you are still not clear on this. Perhaps a course in English comprehension will serve you well.
    "Thou shalt not steal", is archaic thinking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #120
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    It's both. The words indicate archaic thinking and it's display is offensive since it has nothing at all to do with laws or government.
    Again, I don't know how it is that you are still not clear on this. Perhaps a course in English comprehension will serve you well.
    I hate to let you in on this little secret, but all laws and the creation of governments are the result of history, be it archaic (see the Middle East) or not. Most of our laws are based on English Common Law...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •