Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 970 of 1009

Thread: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq[W:1007]

  1. #961
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Maybe. But understand there is disagreement on that.
    Perhaps we can agree that no one can ever know what did NOT happen there.

  2. #962
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Really? did you read the PDB from December 4, 1998 and was Bush in office? You seem to have a very difficult understanding of history. Bush didn't attack Iraq until 2003 and intelligence stated Iraq had WMD, something you still don't understand.

    The U.S. has an incredible military hamstrung by an incompetent Administration who micromanages them. That powerful military and our freedoms didn't prevent 9/11 and won't prevent another. Until people like you understand that evil has to be destroyed and that America isn't the enemy of the world we will never truly be safe.

    I really am not interested in your ignorance either but I do find that being naive like you are is the real danger.
    No, what you refuse to acknowledge is that I never believed that Iraq had WMD, was connected to al Qaeda or had any affiliations to OBL. That's because I listened to the nay sayers of all of that, like Hans Blix, Joe Wilson, Ron Paul and the many other sound minded individuals who saw thru George Bush and his "pre-emptive" war hogwash, and btw, who were right. A decade latter, and finally, a huge majority of Americans now realise it all as well. But that's water under the bridge. What I hope we can prevent now and future is war mongering hawks such as yourself from co opting our foreign policy and instead advance policies of peace and stability. And what you call evil is the very thing that US policy has enabled in the ME. But I know you'll never understand that so we must hope for what I said earlier.
    Last edited by Montecresto; 08-26-14 at 05:09 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #963
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,255

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    No, what you refuse to acknowledge is that I never believed that Iraq had WMD, was connected to al Qaeda or had any affiliations to OBL. That's because I listened to the nay sayers of all of that, like Hans Blix, Joe Wilson, Ron Paul and the many other sound minded individuals who saw thru George Bush and his "pre-emptive" war hogwash, and btw, who were right. A decade latter, and finally, a huge majority of Americans now realise it all as well. But that's water under the bridge. What I hope we can prevent now and future is war mongering hawks such as yourself from co opting our foreign policy and instead advance policies of peace and stability. And what you call evil is the very thing that US policy has enabled in the ME. But I know you'll never understand that so we must hope for what I said earlier.
    Well my friend, you were in the minority and in fact chemical weapons are WMD and they did have a nuclear program in mothballs. People like you are never proactive and only react. The problem with that is thousands have to die and in the case of Afghanistan even that doesn't motivate you to take action.

    You saw what you wanted to see and not what actually happened. UN Resolution 1441 was violated many times but more importantly the so called peace treaty that ended the Gulf War was violated daily. Further Richard Butler was a UN inspector, David Kaye and inspector. It is amazing how the further away we get from the invasion the more you distort and divert from reality.

    I am certainly glad people like you aren't in control of security for my family. I had three family members serve in Iraq and all said we did the right thing. What do you know that they don't?

  4. #964
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Well my friend, you were in the minority and in fact chemical weapons are WMD and they did have a nuclear program in mothballs. People like you are never proactive and only react. The problem with that is thousands have to die and in the case of Afghanistan even that doesn't motivate you to take action.

    You saw what you wanted to see and not what actually happened. UN Resolution 1441 was violated many times but more importantly the so called peace treaty that ended the Gulf War was violated daily. Further Richard Butler was a UN inspector, David Kaye and inspector. It is amazing how the further away we get from the invasion the more you distort and divert from reality.

    I am certainly glad people like you aren't in control of security for my family. I had three family members serve in Iraq and all said we did the right thing. What do you know that they don't?
    I was in the minority, which makes it all the more important that you understand this, because now you are in the minority, owning to the fact that all those Americans, such as yourself that were duped by GWB, have come to realise both that and the fact that not just Iraq, but both Bush's wars were a mistake. I'm sorry that that smarts and hurts your feelings and causes you heartburn. Now then, what we need to do is get the hell out of the ME and stop advancing policies that strengthen militant Islamists and create enemies we have to fight in the future. But you hawks will have to move, or be pushed out of the way, first!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #965
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Well my friend, you were in the minority and in fact chemical weapons are WMD and they did have a nuclear program in mothballs. People like you are never proactive and only react. The problem with that is thousands have to die and in the case of Afghanistan even that doesn't motivate you to take action.

    You saw what you wanted to see and not what actually happened. UN Resolution 1441 was violated many times but more importantly the so called peace treaty that ended the Gulf War was violated daily. Further Richard Butler was a UN inspector, David Kaye and inspector. It is amazing how the further away we get from the invasion the more you distort and divert from reality.

    I am certainly glad people like you aren't in control of security for my family. I had three family members serve in Iraq and all said we did the right thing. What do you know that they don't?
    Some wise and famous person observed that as soon as we abandon our own reason, and are content to rely upon authority, there is no end to our troubles.

    H.L. Mencken observed that the most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions or taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable.

    I suspect Montecristo falls into that category. I know I do.

  6. #966
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,255

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I was in the minority, which makes it all the more important that you understand this, because now you are in the minority, owning to the fact that all those Americans, such as yourself that were duped by GWB, have come to realise both that and the fact that not just Iraq, but both Bush's wars were a mistake. I'm sorry that that smarts and hurts your feelings and causes you heartburn. Now then, what we need to do is get the hell out of the ME and stop advancing policies that strengthen militant Islamists and create enemies we have to fight in the future. But you hawks will have to move, or be pushed out of the way, first!
    You really seem to have forgotten completely the Clinton Administration and the Iraq Liberation Act which then leads me to believe you are very young or have a very selective memory. I wasn't duped, nor was Bill Clinton who said the following:

    "The UNSCOM inspectors believe that Iraq still has stockpiles of chemical and biological munitions, a small force of Scud-type missiles, and the capacity to restart quickly its production program and build many, many more weapons And some day, some way, I guarantee you, he'll use the arsenal One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
    -

    EX-President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998 SOURCE: Text Of Clinton Statement On Iraq - February 17, 1998

    Then there is this

    February 1998, State Dept. study found that Saddam was making every effort to preserve them (WMD),

    January 1999 Report from UN, inspectors said Iraq had failed to account for weapons it previously had declared, including 1.5 tons of VX gas, 8000 liters of anthrax, 7000 liters of botulinum toxen and nearly 1000 liters of aflatoxin, a potent carcinogen

    A June 1999 CIA report said Iraq likely had 6000 hidden chemical munitions

    Kay on Today: "It Was Absolutely Prudent to Go to War Against Saddam"
    The Today Show

    Kay: "It wasn't only the US who came to that conclusion. The French, Germans, and UN all thought Saddam had WMDs." It was inaccurate in terms of the reality we found on the ground now, but it was accurate in terms of the intelligence at the time.
    "It was also accurate in the sense that Saddam did spend large sums of money trying to get WMDs but he simply didn't get what he paid for. There was lots of corruption in the Iraq WMD development program."
    Added Kay, responding to what some of the Dems are alleging: "To say there must have been pressure from the White House on the intelligence community is wrong. We've also been wrong about Iran and Libya. We clearly need better intelligence."
    Lauer: "Is it true that in 2000 and 2001 Saddam was pushing his nuclear program?" Kay: "Yes, he was pushing hard for nuclear and long range missiles. Look, it's clear the man had the intent. He simply wasn't successful. He clearly lied to UN and was in material breach."
    Kay: "It was absolutely prudent to go to war. The system was collapsing, Iraq was a country with desire to develop WMDs, and it was attracting terrorists like flies to honey."
    Now I could go on but it does seem to be a waste of time as you want to blame Bush and ignore than none of the information presented above with the exception of David Kay's report was generated AFTER Bush took office. Have a good one, you simply don't want the truth

  7. #967
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,255

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Some wise and famous person observed that as soon as we abandon our own reason, and are content to rely upon authority, there is no end to our troubles.

    H.L. Mencken observed that the most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions or taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable.

    I suspect Montecristo falls into that category. I know I do.
    Maybe be but there is one way to change that and that is to get involved in the grass roots effort from the bottom up, not top down. I live in a state with minimum govt. involvement and we are doing quite well. Decentralizing the Federal Govt. is the answer but liberalism will die hard

  8. #968
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Well stop worrying, our security is fine, and there's nothing you can do to improve or diminish it. Really, surely you've got things in Canada that need to be addressed.
    Yur security is fine?? Is that what Obama told you? He's finally got those borders sealed?

  9. #969
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I was in the minority, which makes it all the more important that you understand this, because now you are in the minority, owning to the fact that all those Americans, such as yourself that were duped by GWB, have come to realise both that and the fact that not just Iraq, but both Bush's wars were a mistake. I'm sorry that that smarts and hurts your feelings and causes you heartburn. Now then, what we need to do is get the hell out of the ME and stop advancing policies that strengthen militant Islamists and create enemies we have to fight in the future. But you hawks will have to move, or be pushed out of the way, first!
    You seem to believe that terrorism began when George Bush became president. Is this so?

  10. #970
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Some wise and famous person observed that as soon as we abandon our own reason, and are content to rely upon authority, there is no end to our troubles.

    H.L. Mencken observed that the most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions or taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable.

    I suspect Montecristo falls into that category. I know I do.
    Are you relying on HL Mencken as an authority on superstitions, taboos, dishonesty, insanity, or government? Maybe you should seek out a second opinion.

    This is what your HL Mencken had to say on race.

    "I admit freely enough that, by careful breeding, supervision of environment and education, extending over many generations, it might be possible to make an appreciable improvement in the stock of the American negro, for example, but I must maintain that this enterprise would be a ridiculous waste of energy, for there is a high-caste white stock ready at hand, and it is inconceivable that the negro stock, however carefully it might be nurtured, could ever even remotely approach it. The educated negro of today is a failure, not because he meets insuperable difficulties in life, but because he is a negro. He is, in brief, a low-caste man, to the manner born, and he will remain inert and inefficient until fifty generations of him have lived in civilization. And even then, the superior white race will be fifty generations ahead of him."
    You should select your heroes more wisely.

Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •