Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 1009

Thread: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq[W:1007]

  1. #901
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    i am talking about the Iraq Liberation Act, the UN Resolution 1441, British Intelligence, German Intelligence, The Kaye Report none of which matter to you or even matter today. All you want to do is place blame but that serves no purpose. ISIS was run out of Iraq and thrived in Syria while "YOUR" President did nothing. He didn't negotiate an American Presence in Iraq after the withdrawal and took credit for leaving a peaceful stable Iraq leaving equipment behind and no air bases. He is incompetent just like his supporters
    How often do liberals forget the words of dear leader?
    Iraq is not a perfect place, but we’re leaving behind a sovereign, stable, and self-reliant Iraq, with a representative government... In Afghanistan we’ve broken the momentum of the Taliban... And around the globe, as we draw down in Iraq, we have gone after al Qaeda so that terrorists who threaten America will have no safe haven. - Barack Obama

  2. #902
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,427

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    i am talking about the Iraq Liberation Act, the UN Resolution 1441, British Intelligence, German Intelligence, The Kaye Report none of which matter to you or even matter today. All you want to do is place blame but that serves no purpose. ISIS was run out of Iraq and thrived in Syria while "YOUR" President did nothing. He didn't negotiate an American Presence in Iraq after the withdrawal and took credit for leaving a peaceful stable Iraq leaving equipment behind and no air bases. He is incompetent just like his supporters
    Did any of the above reports warn of the consequences of invading Iraq? Such as shooter did on 8/14/92 when he uttered these words to george the first?

    “It would be wise not to invade Baghdad and get bogged down in the problems of trying to take over and govern Iraq.”


    Hhmmm…kinda makes one wonder wha hoppned between the dates of 8/14/92 and 12/9/01 when shooter uttered these words on meet the press.

    "Well, the evidence is pretty conclusive that the Iraqis have indeed harbored terrorists." Also claims 9/11 hijacker Mohammed Atta met with Iraqi spy in Prague, a claim he'll repeat long after CIA and Czechs disavow.


    On 3/24/02 shooter utters these words on CNN.” Saddam is actively pursuing nuclear weapons at this time. “HARK! Is that war drums I hear beating in yon distant hills?


    On March 2002 the war drums get louder when these words SPEW outta shooters crooked mouth.

    ” the question is no longer if the US will invade Iraq but when. “


    On June 2002 we have the women’s touch from Condi when she has this to say to a deputy raising doubts about Iraq war right before the bombing starts.” Save your breath. The president has already made up his mind."


    June 2002” Iraq bombing begins.

    "Military will fly 21,736 sorties and attack 349 targets between now and the start of the war. “

    HARK! Denizens of DP. Before you… the six month history of the birth of ISSI before your very eyes.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  3. #903
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Sometimes!

    But not in Iraq or Afghanistan (or Syria or Ukraine)


    A Washington Post/ABC News poll shows two-thirds of Americans believe what some of us were saying four and more years ago: the war in Afghanistan was not worth fighting.
    So as obama loses the peace in A-stan and hands it over it will be not worth fighting. Serious question-how old were you in 2001, and do you recall the atmosphere after 9/11?

  4. #904
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Japan was talking to us through the Russians. They were willing and proposed almost the same thing we eventually accepted. We always talk to our enemies in one way or another. But here's a link:

    In an article that finally appeared August 19, 1945, on the front pages of the Chicago Tribune and the Washington Times-Herald, Trohan revealed that on January 20, 1945, two days prior to his departure for the Yalta meeting with Stalin and Churchill, President Roosevelt received a 40-page memorandum from General Douglas MacArthur outlining five separate surrender overtures from high-level Japanese officials. (The complete text of Trohan's article is in the Winter 1985-86 Journal, pp. 508-512.)

    This memo showed that the Japanese were offering surrender terms virtually identical to the ones ultimately accepted by the Americans at the formal surrender ceremony on September 2 -- that is, complete surrender of everything but the person of the Emperor. Specifically, the terms of these peace overtures included:

    Complete surrender of all Japanese forces and arms, at home, on island possessions, and in occupied countries.
    Occupation of Japan and its possessions by Allied troops under American direction.
    Japanese relinquishment of all territory seized during the war, as well as Manchuria, Korea and Taiwan.
    Regulation of Japanese industry to halt production of any weapons and other tools of war.
    Release of all prisoners of war and internees.
    Surrender of designated war criminals.

    Was Hiroshima Necessary?
    Hiroshima was necessary.

  5. #905
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Donc View Post
    Did any of the above reports warn of the consequences of invading Iraq? Such as shooter did on 8/14/92 when he uttered these words to george the first?

    “It would be wise not to invade Baghdad and get bogged down in the problems of trying to take over and govern Iraq.”


    Hhmmm…kinda makes one wonder wha hoppned between the dates of 8/14/92 and 12/9/01 when shooter uttered these words on meet the press.

    "Well, the evidence is pretty conclusive that the Iraqis have indeed harbored terrorists." Also claims 9/11 hijacker Mohammed Atta met with Iraqi spy in Prague, a claim he'll repeat long after CIA and Czechs disavow.


    On 3/24/02 shooter utters these words on CNN.” Saddam is actively pursuing nuclear weapons at this time. “HARK! Is that war drums I hear beating in yon distant hills?


    On March 2002 the war drums get louder when these words SPEW outta shooters crooked mouth.

    ” the question is no longer if the US will invade Iraq but when. “


    On June 2002 we have the women’s touch from Condi when she has this to say to a deputy raising doubts about Iraq war right before the bombing starts.” Save your breath. The president has already made up his mind."


    June 2002” Iraq bombing begins.

    "Military will fly 21,736 sorties and attack 349 targets between now and the start of the war. “

    HARK! Denizens of DP. Before you… the six month history of the birth of ISSI before your very eyes.

  6. #906
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Well that's the joke of the day, no year. Iraq has never been a functioning democracy. Btw, what exactly is Harper going to do to help things in Iraq, or any of the ME for that matter. Thankfully though, you've got an Internet opinion, and that's where it ends for you. You probably have some say in Canada though.
    Who to believe?? There is the US President, his Vice President, photos of the Iraqi elections on one side - and you on the other.

    The purple finger remains a hopeful symbol in Iraq, as Iraqis go to the polls | Public Radio International

    Obama Flashback: 'We're Leaving Behind a Sovereign, Stable and Self-Reliant Iraq'

    Joe Biden | 2010 | Iraq | Achievement | Obama Administration

  7. #907
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Sometimes you have to fight.
    Defend yourself, and your allies, yes.

    But attacking others who are causing you no harm? That's called assault.

    Sometimes it's a narrow line between the two situations.

    The attack on Afganistan, was justified as they harbored those who attacked us. Same with our war against Al Queda in general.

    Our 1991 attack on Iraq was justified, as it was in defense of our sort-of ally Kuwate and was also to protect our sort-of ally Saudi Arabia.

    We crossed the line when we attacked Iraq a dozen years later, they did nothing to us. We aren't justified in attacking a country just because we don't like them. Al Queda didn't even exist in Iraq until we attacked Iraq, and nether did weapons of mass distruction.

    As far as ISIS, it wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit if we blew them to hell. However, they have not yet attacked us, and it is not clear that they are planning to attack us, aside from some bully-bragging that they have been doing. At this point I don't believe that they can man up to their bragging, so I don't feel that they are much of a threat. So far, they have not committed any terrorists acts outside of Syria/Iraq/Jordan, and I wouldn't exactly consider any of those countries as close allies to the US.

    It's the common type of situation where we can't really tell the difference between the good guys and the bad guys. They are all bad guys, it's just to varying degree. That's the type of fight that we might not want to get too deeply involved in. Else, we might end up aiding the enemy, as we so often do. Let's face it, ISIS was armed (and motivated) by the US directly and indirectly in multiple ways.
    Last edited by imagep; 08-25-14 at 09:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  8. #908
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    So as obama loses the peace in A-stan and hands it over it will be not worth fighting. Serious question-how old were you in 2001, and do you recall the atmosphere after 9/11?
    The atmosphere for those of us after 9/11 that were opposed to war in A-Stan was rough. It earned you the title of Taliban John, anti-American, un-patriotic, Muslim lover and other criticisms. We were ahead though and correct. Sadly, its too late, but now more than two thirds of American's realise it was a mistake to go to war in A-Stan and Iraq both. And for Christ's sake, cease with the lies about peace. US policy has caused nothing but strife in the ME.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #909
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    No, that isn't true, its not just me on the other side. Funny that you think going to a poll means you live in a democracy.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #910
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Hiroshima was necessary.
    I thought only terrorist thought it necessary to bomb civilian targets, wait................
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •