Page 88 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 1009

Thread: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq[W:1007]

  1. #871
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I have addressed everything you have posted that I actually understood, but most of what you post doesn't deserve a response as it is mostly your opinion or opinions of others. I post opinions as well but back those opinions with verifiable data from independent official sources. Your lack of understanding of the world and economics is staggering with most based upon your trying to interject your own standards into others and judging others based upon your own beliefs
    I'm sorry, but that rambling rant doesn't excuse you from actually addressing what I say.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #872
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm sorry, but that rambling rant doesn't excuse you from actually addressing what I say.
    Say something of value, post something of value, back the posts up with verifiable data and then I will have something to address. Your typical leftwing bs is nothing more than your opinion, an opinion that I reject.

  3. #873
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Wow, what leftwing site did you get this information from? Just goes to show how easily it is to sway your opinion based upon rhetoric. Fox is the number one cable News network on the air but there is a difference between hard news and the opinion segment. You choose to believe what the left wing opinion talking heads tell you, whereas the I prefer the talking heads on Fox. The difference is I trust but verify. You trust completely but never verify because the left wing ideology is more in line. Those so called lies you claim from Fox normally come from both sides and not the hard news anchors. BEA.gov, BLS.gov, and the U.S. Treasury can be your friend but in your case will confuse you with the facts which support the Fox Hard news reporters.
    Those on the radical right actually believe that Fox is "fair and balanced", and they can't differentiate between CNN and MSNBC (although there is a huge difference).

    Anything that is centrist appears to be on the opposite side to a radical.

    Same with those on the far left. They can't tell the difference between CNN and Fox News, for the same reason: anything that isn't radical left must be radical right.

    As far as the actual news programming (prior to 8pm), I don't watch it, I work during the day, so my observations are only for the pm programming. I guess I should have disclosed that first.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  4. #874
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Those on the radical right actually believe that Fox is "fair and balanced", and they can't differentiate between CNN and MSNBC (although there is a huge difference).

    Anything that is centrist appears to be on the opposite side to a radical.

    Same with those on the far left. They can't tell the difference between CNN and Fox News, for the same reason: anything that isn't radical left must be radical right.

    As far as the actual news programming (prior to 8pm), I don't watch it, I work during the day, so my observations are only for the pm programming. I guess I should have disclosed that first.
    I have no problem determining the difference between truth and fiction as well as hard news vs. opinion pieces. You don't seem to be able to distinguish that difference. Fox always has members of both sides in the debate and allows the viewers to decide. You claim Fox lies when the reality is you have provided no evidence to that point and attribute any false statement made by a guest as the opinion of the Fox Commentator.

    There is right or wrong and you are on the wrong side of history as well as the wrong side of the economic spectrum that makes any sense at all. Personal responsibility, individual wealth creation, states handling social issues are what made this country great. Neighbor helping neighbor has always been our guiding principles but not any more as you and your ilk promote the Federal Govt. being that neighbor. Liberalism is a total and complete failure and the only economic principles that make any sense are conservative ones.

  5. #875
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I think when excessive exaggeration become the rule, as it largely is with those opposing Obama, hate is a reasonable conclusion. And these pages are full of wild exaggerations.
    "Hate is a reasonable conclusion".

    I like that a lot.

  6. #876
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I have no problem determining the difference between truth and fiction as well as hard news vs. opinion pieces. You don't seem to be able to distinguish that difference. Fox always has members of both sides in the debate and allows the viewers to decide. You claim Fox lies when the reality is you have provided no evidence to that point and attribute any false statement made by a guest as the opinion of the Fox Commentator.

    There is right or wrong and you are on the wrong side of history as well as the wrong side of the economic spectrum that makes any sense at all. Personal responsibility, individual wealth creation, states handling social issues are what made this country great. Neighbor helping neighbor has always been our guiding principles but not any more as you and your ilk promote the Federal Govt. being that neighbor. Liberalism is a total and complete failure and the only economic principles that make any sense are conservative ones.
    Do you consider the "contributors" (not the guests, but people who are paid to be on Fox on a regular bases) as commentators? Almost always, when mis-facts are on Fox, it's one of these "contributors", and not the host of the show or a guest. What get's to me is that Fox allows the people to state mis-facts, and doesn't bother to correct them, so viewers typically just assume them to be true. Then Fox has these same people, who frequently present inaccurate data, on their show over and over again.

    That old fart who used to be on Mash, he's the worst. Almost no statistic that he states is currently accurate, he cherry picks his data from particular months, sometimes from years in the past, and then presents these numbers as if they were true today or typical of our current situation. But he is far from the only one who does this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  7. #877
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Do you consider the "contributors" (not the guests, but people who are paid to be on Fox on a regular bases) as commentators? Almost always, when mis-facts are on Fox, it's one of these "contributors", and not the host of the show or a guest. What get's to me is that Fox allows the people to state mis-facts, and doesn't bother to correct them, so viewers typically just assume them to be true. Then Fox has these same people, who frequently present inaccurate data, on their show over and over again.

    That old fart who used to be on Mash, he's the worst. Almost no statistic that he states is currently accurate, he cherry picks his data from particular months, sometimes from years in the past, and then presents these numbers as if they were true today or typical of our current situation. But he is far from the only one who does this.
    I think you are missing the pint and pick and choose what you want to believe. Here are the Fox Liberal Contributors that apparently you have never seen so how with this many can you claim Fox is biased and lies?


    Fox actually has several liberals as employees or frequent contributors. They include Bob Beckel, Alan Colmes, Juan Williams, Kirsten Powers, Geraldo Rivera, Dennis Kucinich and Mara Liasson.
    Now name for me any prominent Conservatives on MSNBC? Not sure what "old fart" you are talking about but probably Wayne Rogers who is in the Business bloc not a political commentator

  8. #878
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I think you are missing the pint and pick and choose what you want to believe. Here are the Fox Liberal Contributors that apparently you have never seen so how with this many can you claim Fox is biased and lies?




    Now name for me any prominent Conservatives on MSNBC? Not sure what "old fart" you are talking about but probably Wayne Rogers who is in the Business bloc not a political commentator


    How about Former Florida Congressman Joe Scarborough.Will that qualify?
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  9. #879
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Donc View Post
    Before you run; are we in agreement that if it weren't for our incursion into Iraq we would not be seeing ISSA today?
    It's obvious you know what you are talking about. Some right-wingers get frustrated when you ask questions they don't want to answer.

    In my opinion, you invade a country, you bought the results. Bush invaded, screwed it up for years and left it to his predecessor.

  10. #880
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Donc View Post


    How about Former Florida Congressman Joe Scarborough.Will that qualify?
    That would be one, anyone here that believes Sheppard Smith is a Conservative?

Page 88 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •