Page 86 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 1009

Thread: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq[W:1007]

  1. #851
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,484

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by conservative View Post
    those are opinion programs, not hard news. Do you know the difference? What exactly is it that liberalism stands for that makes any economic, social sense at all? What percentage of our debt do you think we borrow and what is the labor participation rate during the obama term?

    You don't think the msm has their agenda? How about msnbc? Cnn? You seem to have selective outrage
    And of course YOU have NEVER posted and OPINION piece to justify your views?
    I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to remain flexible at all times.

    Sen. Everett Dirksen.

  2. #852
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    21,713

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq


    Well, if the truth could be known, it's probably not the first time it happened in the last 50 years. Ike was right.

  3. #853
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,844

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    You don't think the MSM has their agenda? How about MSNBC? CNN? You seem to have selective outrage
    Of course they do. MSNBC is as slanted as Fox, although they tend to be more factually accurate than Fox.

    CNN doesn't have nearly as much opinion programming as fox or CNN, and when it does they at least make an attempt to be neutral and never allow multiple people on one side to simply shout down the other side like Fox does.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  4. #854
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    72,055

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Of course they do. MSNBC is as slanted as Fox, although they tend to be more factually accurate than Fox.

    CNN doesn't have nearly as much opinion programming as fox or CNN, and when it does they at least make an attempt to be neutral and never allow multiple people on one side to simply shout down the other side like Fox does.
    Wow, what leftwing site did you get this information from? Just goes to show how easily it is to sway your opinion based upon rhetoric. Fox is the number one cable News network on the air but there is a difference between hard news and the opinion segment. You choose to believe what the left wing opinion talking heads tell you, whereas the I prefer the talking heads on Fox. The difference is I trust but verify. You trust completely but never verify because the left wing ideology is more in line. Those so called lies you claim from Fox normally come from both sides and not the hard news anchors. BEA.gov, BLS.gov, and the U.S. Treasury can be your friend but in your case will confuse you with the facts which support the Fox Hard news reporters.

  5. #855
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You can suggest all you want but all that does is show your partisan opinion which the facts just don't support. Who exactly are we to negotiate with? Wonder how those dozens of people murdered in a northern Iraqi city would vote if they were still alive? Wonder exactly what convert or die really means in the liberal world?
    I've already listed that. Again, go back and actually read.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #856
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    ISIS just a couple of days ago executed 80 men simply because they refused to convert to Islam. About a week before, they cut a 5 year old boy in half. They have also beheaded other children and put their heads on sticks. They have forcibly raped women. In light of all of that.....I choose to call them animals. You do whatever you want.
    yes, they've done terrible things. PEOPLE do terrible things. Animals don't. They only kill to eat or to defend. Only PEOPLE do these type of terrible things. And all peoples are capable of it under the right conditions, and it starts by dehumanizing. ISIS does this. They dehumanize and it allows them to act this way. Should we model ourselves after them?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #857
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Tell that to the locals they are killing whose only perceived sin is refusing to convert to islam.
    The emotion card? Does this mean you've lost all sense of logic?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #858
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    And spurred on by the incompetent moron in the white house.
    That's just a silly comment, perhaps due to hatred?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #859
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    100% WRONG. We didn't negotiate AT ALL with Japan or Germany. They had to accept "unconditional surrender". Unconditional means zero negotiations. That is the entire point.

    "They rejected absolutely any notion of negotiating with an enemy whom they regarded as criminal and refused to commit themselves to any conditions which might be offered or required by the German leadership"

    Germany's Unconditional Surrender | History Today
    Yes we did. Before the fighting, during the fighting, and after the unconditional surrender. We talked with Japan, for example, about an agreeable surrender before we dropped the bomb. because no agreement was reached doesn't mean we didn't negotiate.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #860
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, it's Reagan's fault all right. But let's not forget Dwight Eisenhower and Jack Kennedy. Or LBJ.
    Stop being non-responsive. Noting Reagan appeased terrorist isn't blaming him for anything happening currently. I'd have to use your logic for that. But as he did appease, and he is a revered leader despite appeasing terrorist and giving them weapons, I'm unsure of what your standard is? Is it that as long as it is a republican, it's OK? That's what it sounds like to many.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 86 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •