Page 82 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 1009

Thread: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq[W:1007]

  1. #811
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Iraq was a newly functioning democracy until Obama decided to pull the troops. Now it's back to chaos.
    Absolutely. Obama lost the peace in Iraq.

  2. #812
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Absolutely. Obama lost the peace in Iraq.
    there was never any peace in iraq, there will still suicide bombings going on in 2009 and 2010
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  3. #813
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,581

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Absolutely. Obama lost the peace in Iraq.
    When was there peace in Iraq?
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  4. #814
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    When was there peace in Iraq?
    Relative peace, up until late last year.

  5. #815
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Yup, liberals and conservatives alike.
    You have any numbers on that?

  6. #816
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,581

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You have any numbers on that?
    Nope, I thought that was obvious. You are either for or against those issues. So I would say that nearly 100% of the voters who aren't apathetic have a position one way or another.

    Most voters are either for or against Bushphones. Most are either for or against foodstamps. Most are either for or against the republican war on women. trends on those issues may be partisan in nature, but I don't think that foreign policy is nearly as partisan, and feelings towards these types of issues are far stonger than most peoples opinions about foreign affairs.

    Most people don't really care about foreign affairs as much as the things that affect them more directly, like taxes and welfare. Neither are they as knowledgable.
    Last edited by imagep; 08-24-14 at 02:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  7. #817
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Absolutely. Obama lost the peace in Iraq.
    While there may have been a lull in actually fighting, the reports in the international media indicated there had never been clam or a lack of unrest from the time the US invaded.

    I have always said that Obama's pull out was arbitrary, the date set more to do with having most of those troops out and home before the election. A report I read in Canada's Globe and Mail at the time compared it to the 1973 pull out of Vietnam, one where the forces which had been supported by the US were being thrown to the wolves.

    I have long maintained that Obama's foreign policy is completely governed by domestic ratings. There does not seem to be a plan, like a badly run anything they seem to lurch from one crisis to another without any resolution and now have to return to the place they left just three years ago
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  8. #818
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    there was never any peace in iraq, there will still suicide bombings going on in 2009 and 2010
    There were, and they were greatly reduced-thanks to the surge that Obama opposed.


    And civilian deaths


    Casualties of the Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  9. #819
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Nope, I thought that was obvious. You are either for or against those issues. So I would say that nearly 100% of the voters who aren't apathetic have a position one way or another.

    Most voters are either for or against Bushphones. Most are either for or against foodstamps. Most are either for or against the republican war on women. trends on those issues may be partisan in nature, but I don't think that foreign policy is nearly as partisan, and feelings towards these types of issues are far stonger than most peoples opinions about foreign affairs.

    Most people don't really care about foreign affairs as much as the things that affect them more directly, like taxes and welfare. Neither are they as knowledgable.
    Just because you think something is obvious, does that relieve us of the burden of proof?

  10. #820
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,960

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Nobody said our bad policies justified it. What has been demonstrated is that our bad policies have facilitated these animals in carrying out their acts. It sucks that so many of you fail to see that. Although, don't you fault Obama's ME policies?
    I think your problem is that you missed out on the 1960s.

Page 82 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •