Page 71 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 1009

Thread: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq[W:1007]

  1. #701
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Liberals tend to believe American presence is the worst thing that can happen to a country, despite incredibly strong evidence to the contrary.
    Cons tend to think that being occupied by the U.S. is a blessing despite the strong evidence it isn't. Cons want freedom, but only for themselves not for other countries. How's that for the hyperbole game since you want to broad brush all liberals Con?

  2. #702
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Tell them what? Who is lying to Iraq??
    When we occupied Iraq we told them it was only temporary. You want to make it permanent and lie to them. Not suprised, most cons lie anyways.

  3. #703
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,386

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    When we occupied Iraq we told them it was only temporary. You want to make it permanent and lie to them. Not suprised, most cons lie anyways.
    I don't think anyone wants to occupy Iraq. I think people are concerned about Isis. They are insane. Perhaps we might consider containing them?

    The bill Clinton style drop a bomb and pretend you stopped hitler thing really won't cut it with these nuts. Well unless you kill their leaders. But you still need to target Isis.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  4. #704
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    I don't think anyone wants to occupy Iraq. I think people are concerned about Isis. They are insane. Perhaps we might consider containing them?

    The bill Clinton style drop a bomb and pretend you stopped hitler thing really won't cut it with these nuts. Well unless you kill their leaders. But you still need to target Isis.
    You are mistaken there, there are some on this board that say we should stay there like we are in Germany now. The difference of course is that Germany has actually agreed to it where Iraq wanted us out.

  5. #705
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You are mistaken there, there are some on this board that say we should stay there like we are in Germany now. The difference of course is that Germany has actually agreed to it where Iraq wanted us out.
    You have no idea what occupy means. You think we occupy Germany, Japan, and Korea? We needed to keep a peace keeping force in Iraq to make sure we got a return on our investment, something apparently you don't understand. Do you actually believe ISIS would be a challenge today if we had that peace keeping force in Iraq? Obama lost the peace and that is the reality you don't seem to grasp

  6. #706
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You have no idea what occupy means. You think we occupy Germany, Japan, and Korea? We needed to keep a peace keeping force in Iraq to make sure we got a return on our investment, something apparently you don't understand. Do you actually believe ISIS would be a challenge today if we had that peace keeping force in Iraq? Obama lost the peace and that is the reality you don't seem to grasp
    We launched bush’s war, to topple a despot, WHICH found us occupying Iraq for 8 years, 8 months, 3 weeks and 5 days; that miscue ended up with the virulent disease called ISIS. AND YOUR SOLUTION IS A “peace keeping force in Iraq “?
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  7. #707
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Really? Is that why they have begged us to come back and are willing to do anything to get us there? Oh yeah, they aren't.
    They are very proud, but even so they have asked for us to come back-in fact they also asked us to never leave-as did our generals. Obama decided it was time to golf and now terrorists control a huge region there. This is hope and change.

  8. #708
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    When we occupied Iraq we told them it was only temporary. You want to make it permanent and lie to them. Not suprised, most cons lie anyways.
    You stay until its taken care of-thats certainly what they do. See my sig. And nobody is lying-this is a long game.

  9. #709
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    I don't think anyone wants to occupy Iraq. I think people are concerned about Isis. They are insane. Perhaps we might consider containing them?

    The bill Clinton style drop a bomb and pretend you stopped hitler thing really won't cut it with these nuts. Well unless you kill their leaders. But you still need to target Isis.
    Exactly. This is what we have learned becoming the worlds best at counter insurgency warfare-you plop yourself right down in the middle of them, make it known you aren't going anywhere-and then start converting the the molecular structure of their bodies via large amounts of kinetic energy.

    We did it in 2007 Iraq, as well as afghanistan-in fact it worked well enough that the cockroaches only come back once we are gone.

  10. #710
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Donc View Post
    We launched bush’s war, to topple a despot, WHICH found us occupying Iraq for 8 years, 8 months, 3 weeks and 5 days; that miscue ended up with the virulent disease called ISIS. AND YOUR SOLUTION IS A “peace keeping force in Iraq “?
    So if we occupied Iraq where are the U.S. owned oil wells? ISIS is thanks to Obama, Bush won the war and Obama lost the peace. That is reality.

Page 71 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •