Page 67 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 1009

Thread: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq[W:1007]

  1. #661
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Your opinion noted and rejected. The situation didn't change under Bush and you had a corrupt government and sectarian violence. You think that allowing the powder keg to blow under a different president makes it a success for Bush. Sorry it doesn't. Your boy left the vaccuum when he invaded Iraq in the first place. Nothing changed except you think a corrupt government and sectarian violence equals peace.
    Keep ignoring that the Iraqis had a free election where millions voted. Whether or not you reject my post is irrelevant. I remember no post of yours that I didn't reject as well. There is a reason that ISIS is in Iraq today beheading an American Journalist and it has absolutely nothing to do with Bush

  2. #662
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Keep ignoring that the Iraqis had a free election where millions voted. Whether or not you reject my post is irrelevant. I remember no post of yours that I didn't reject as well. There is a reason that ISIS is in Iraq today beheading an American Journalist and it has absolutely nothing to do with Bush
    Free elections doesn't mean anything with a corrupt government and sectarian violence. Of course you reject it because it goes against your ideology of Republican Good, Dem bad mentality. You think Bush did nothing wrong in his policies so you are the good little Republican supporting him and voted for him twice. You are Republican first and blame Dems for everything under the sun. You are part of a duopoly system that is corrupt and you support the corruption as long as your guys are in charge of the corruption such as Bush was. You ahve even excused the corruption by saying a Dem would be worse. No wonder you can't see corruption because you support corrupton.

  3. #663
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Free elections doesn't mean anything with a corrupt government and sectarian violence. Of course you reject it because it goes against your ideology of Republican Good, Dem bad mentality. You think Bush did nothing wrong in his policies so you are the good little Republican supporting him and voted for him twice. You are Republican first and blame Dems for everything under the sun. You are part of a duopoly system that is corrupt and you support the corruption as long as your guys are in charge of the corruption such as Bush was. You ahve even excused the corruption by saying a Dem would be worse. No wonder you can't see corruption because you support corrupton.
    Free elections to you seem to mean electing who you think fits best with your ideology whatever that is. The reality is violence dropped after the surge and Iraq was relatively safe until Obama lost the gains our military made. That is reality. You choose to believe what you want to believe.

  4. #664
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Free elections to you seem to mean electing who you think fits best with your ideology whatever that is. The reality is violence dropped after the surge and Iraq was relatively safe until Obama lost the gains our military made. That is reality. You choose to believe what you want to believe.
    No it is your opinion. There was fear from regular people on just walking down the street. You call that safe. That was the reality. You choose to ignore it because you are a Republican first. BOTH Obama and Bush have screwed up Iraq, but your partisanship only blames Obama.

  5. #665
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Free elections doesn't mean anything with a corrupt government and sectarian violence. Of course you reject it because it goes against your ideology of Republican Good, Dem bad mentality. You think Bush did nothing wrong in his policies so you are the good little Republican supporting him and voted for him twice. You are Republican first and blame Dems for everything under the sun. You are part of a duopoly system that is corrupt and you support the corruption as long as your guys are in charge of the corruption such as Bush was. You ahve even excused the corruption by saying a Dem would be worse. No wonder you can't see corruption because you support corrupton.
    Free elections to you seem to mean electing who you think fits best with your ideology whatever that is. The reality is violence dropped after the surge and Iraq was relatively safe until Obama lost the gains our military made. That is reality. You choose to believe what you want to believe.

  6. #666
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No it is your opinion. There was fear from regular people on just walking down the street. You call that safe. That was the reality. You choose to ignore it because you are a Republican first. BOTH Obama and Bush have screwed up Iraq, but your partisanship only blames Obama.
    Ever walked down some of the streets in Chicago or how about Watts. Want to walk down the streets of Ferguson, Missouri today? I point out Obama's failures and blaming Bush today serves no purpose nor does ignoring the actual results.

  7. #667
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Your opinion noted and rejected. The situation didn't change under Bush and you had a corrupt government and sectarian violence. You think that allowing the powder keg to blow under a different president makes it a success for Bush. Sorry it doesn't. Your boy left the vaccuum when he invaded Iraq in the first place. Nothing changed except you think a corrupt government and sectarian violence equals peace.
    Iraq was certainly not completely stable and peace filled following the surge but it was definitely manageable. There were less deaths in Iraq caused by fundamentalist extremist terrorists during that timeframe than there were deaths in Chicago. And for you to deny the success of the surge and Bush's recovery of his immediate post war ops failings simply means you are calling both Obama and Biden liars.

    Politicians and citizens alike share blame for all of this. When the US obligates boots on the ground (whoever the president is) then there should be a unified position from all of our politicians and citizens. You may petition for peace but should at all times support the Commander in Chief and troops that are put in harms way. Republicans did not do that when Clinton obligated troops in Bosnia. Democrats damn sure didnt do it during the 2nd Gulf war. And republicans have not been supportive of Obama when he has acted militarily (in a manner identical to what Bush had done in the past). It is purely repugnant. Knowing how easily our politicians will attack the 'other guys' for political gain gives our enemies a tremendous advantage. That CDB line that says "we may do a little bit of fighting among ourselves but you other guys best leave us alone" is true on so many levels.

  8. #668
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Ever walked down some of the streets in Chicago or how about Watts. Want to walk down the streets of Ferguson, Missouri today? I point out Obama's failures and blaming Bush today serves no purpose nor does ignoring the actual results.
    Actually yes I have in Chicago. And I wasn't pulled aside and beaten because I followed a different religion than those politicians in power and it never get investigated. Have you? I also managed to walk across the street without getting suicide bombed.

    Comparing Chicago to Iraq, what an idiotic comparison you just did. Sorry you are so blinded by Bush envy that you cannot even see his faults and instead put him on a pedastal of love and adoration. Seems you look at Bush more as a messiah.

  9. #669
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Actually yes I have in Chicago. And I wasn't pulled aside and beaten because I followed a different religion than those politicians in power and it never get investigated. Have you? I also managed to walk across the street without getting suicide bombed.

    Comparing Chicago to Iraq, what an idiotic comparison you just did. Sorry you are so blinded by Bush envy that you cannot even see his faults and instead put him on a pedastal of love and adoration. Seems you look at Bush more as a messiah.
    Actually you are ignoring reality and the death toll after the surge and the last few years before the U.S. pulled out. Iraq has 25 million people and the death toll under 5000 isn't much different than many of the U.S. Cities and that is the comparison. You say Bush didn't win the war? The results tell a different story.

  10. #670
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Actually you are ignoring reality and the death toll after the surge and the last few years before the U.S. pulled out. Iraq has 25 million people and the death toll under 5000 isn't much different than many of the U.S. Cities and that is the comparison. You say Bush didn't win the war? The results tell a different story.
    No they don't, not with a corrupt government and sectarian violence. You're idea of success is corruption and death.

Page 67 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •