Page 62 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 1009

Thread: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq[W:1007]

  1. #611
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,944

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Do you ever consider militant Islamists to have legitimate complaints?
    If "militant Islamists" is a euphemism for "terrorists," NO.

  2. #612
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    How on Earth could you possibly come to that conclusion?
    Who's going to stop them?

  3. #613
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,112

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Yeah and what do you think their chances of success are?
    That wasn't the point. The point was:

    Originally Posted by Montecresto
    Do you ever consider militant Islamists to have legitimate complaints?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #614
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,112

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Who's going to stop them?
    Granting them legitimacy sure would....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #615
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Granting them legitimacy sure would....
    They can declare themselves legitimate and go from there. Islamists have been called "Nazis in a hurry", but they can also be very patient.

    They also have a profound commitment to their cause while the democracies are still, largely initiated by doltish leftists of course, self-censoring themselves about the possible perils of Islamophobia. Islamists have no such problem with words, or defining their intentions.

  6. #616
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,112

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    They can declare themselves legitimate and go from there. Islamists have been called "Nazis in a hurry", but they can also be very patient.

    They also have a profound commitment to their cause while the democracies are still, largely initiated by doltish leftists of course, self-censoring themselves about the possible perils of Islamophobia. Islamists have no such problem with words, or defining their intentions.
    Hell man... I was joking. I should have stuck with "Appeasement is the best way to deal with them".
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  7. #617
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Hell man... I was joking. I should have stuck with "Appeasement is the best way to deal with them".
    I thought you might be but felt like saying what I did anyway!

  8. #618
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    If "militant Islamists" is a euphemism for "terrorists," NO.
    Well, the definition of terrorists fits some operations conducted by the US, Israel, and others. It's just that a successful western propaganda campaign has people thinking of various stereotypes.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #619
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    What about Timothy McVeigh? What about the issues that pissed him off? Do you really care?

    No, of course not. We cannot use terrorists as a guide to foreign or domestic policies and it's amazing that anyone would think otherwise.
    Actually, Timothy McVeigh did have legitimate grievances. But as with some of the protesters in Ferguson, they don't condone criminal behaviour. OBL, presented clear, concise and articulate complaints against the US, to ignore them caused 9/11, continued ignorance will cause more 9/11's. since they are happening and are being attempted on American soil, I don't give a crap what a Canadian living in CR thinks about this. I want more sound minded policies in the ME.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #620
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Well, the definition of terrorists fits some operations conducted by the US, Israel, and others. It's just that a successful western propaganda campaign has people thinking of various stereotypes.
    Sounds like a conspiracy.

Page 62 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •