Page 43 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 1009

Thread: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq[W:1007]

  1. #421
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You don't really understand wars, do you. The war was indeed won, Iraq was relatively stable even according to "your" President and Vice President. Were they lying?

    "your" means you voted for the incompetent if you were old enough to vote, I didn't. He is indeed President, 4 million fewer people voted for him his second term as they got it, apparently you still don't get it.
    Oh I have a good understanding of wars, and given recent history a good understanding of preemptive wars and wars of choice. NOTHING was won in Iraq. Iraq was a total loss. A loss of US blood and treasure, and a HUGE loss of Iraqi blood and treasure. And the horrible thing is that they never stopped loosing. They are still loosing.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #422
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    Blaming Bush isn't getting the job done now is it?
    I'm one of many Americans that is sick and tired of paying for Bush's COLOSSAL **** up. Powell said "if you break it you own it" and I was raising hell at the time that I preferred not to break it because I don't want to own the Son of a bitch. I would prefer to focus on Americas problems right here at home. And I don't want any Canadians or Briton's or Europeans volunteering the US to police the world anymore. Let them do it. And those Americans that want to fight IS, take the damn fight to them yourselves.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #423
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    That is a terrible idea... Jesus!



    Oh thank the Lord... crisis averted.
    Lol, easy now, I don't think it made it past the receptionists desk!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #424
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Lol. You wipe your ass everyday on Obama/Biden toilet paper and come here and seek to shore up your opinion by quoting them. Gawd you guys go to extreme. Btw, 6 in 10 Americans now realise the colossal mess Bush made of Iraq. It will be more next year.


    Poll: Most Americans Say Iraq War Was a Mistake
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-mos...was-a-mistake/


    And while we're at it:

    February 19, 2014
    More Americans Now View Afghanistan War as a Mistake
    Republicans most likely to say the war was not a mistake

    http://www.gallup.com/poll/167471/am...r-mistake.aspx
    Last edited by Montecresto; 08-12-14 at 10:52 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #425
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,000

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Lol, easy now, I don't think it made it past the receptionists desk!
    Thank the LORD!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  6. #426
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Lol. You wipe your ass everyday on Obama/Biden toilet paper and come here and seek to shore up your opinion by quoting them. Gawd you guys go to extreme. Btw, 6 in 10 Americans now realise the colossal mess Bush made of Iraq. It will be more next year.


    Poll: Most Americans Say Iraq War Was a Mistake
    Poll: Most Americans Say Iraq War Was a Mistake - CBS News


    And while we're at it:

    February 19, 2014
    More Americans Now View Afghanistan War as a Mistake
    Republicans most likely to say the war was not a mistake

    More Americans Now View Afghanistan War as a Mistake
    Bush isn't in office, the problems in Iraq are Obama's and if you think Bush screwed up, then what has Obama done to solve the problem. His quotes were quite clear and your comments ignore those quotes. You have a bad case of BDS, Bush Derangement Syndrome and need to seek some help. Bush won the war, Obama lost the peace. Hard for any liberal to admit they are wrong and you wear that mantra quite well.

    Now you are saying Afghanistan was a mistake? Is that what you believe? You site polls a lot as if good leadership leads by polls. You aren't going to make it very far in the world if you base all your decisions on polls. By the time you take a poll and get the results, you have lost the battle. You will grow up someday, but not today.

  7. #427
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Bush isn't in office, the problems in Iraq are Obama's and if you think Bush screwed up, then what has Obama done to solve the problem. His quotes were quite clear and your comments ignore those quotes. You have a bad case of BDS, Bush Derangement Syndrome and need to seek some help. Bush won the war, Obama lost the peace. Hard for any liberal to admit they are wrong and you wear that mantra quite well.

    Now you are saying Afghanistan was a mistake? Is that what you believe? You site polls a lot as if good leadership leads by polls. You aren't going to make it very far in the world if you base all your decisions on polls. By the time you take a poll and get the results, you have lost the battle. You will grow up someday, but not today.
    What part of this do you not understand. Had Bush not launched a pre-emptive war of choice, and had the House and Senate not had their heads up there asses with support for it. We wouldn't be talking about Iraq. Iraq is a colossal failure of a huge magnitude. And late as it is, thankfully Americans in majority numbers finally figured this out.


    My decisions aren't based upon polls. I was opposed to Afghanistan and Iraq when it was hugely unpopular to be, as in, before either one happened. I was in the lead on this along with very few other Americans at the time. I'm just pointing out to you that even though it took Americans years to realise it, they are in growing numbers, too. BOTH A-Stan and Iraq. Your going to have to live with it, that's the way it is.
    Last edited by Montecresto; 08-13-14 at 12:09 AM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #428
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I'm one of many Americans that is sick and tired of paying for Bush's COLOSSAL **** up. Powell said "if you break it you own it" and I was raising hell at the time that I preferred not to break it because I don't want to own the Son of a bitch. I would prefer to focus on Americas problems right here at home. And I don't want any Canadians or Briton's or Europeans volunteering the US to police the world anymore. Let them do it. And those Americans that want to fight IS, take the damn fight to them yourselves.
    So you think allowing ISIS to slaughter innocent civilians because they don't believe in Islam is OK even if, by your opinion, its Bush's fault?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  9. #429
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    So you think allowing ISIS to slaughter innocent civilians because they don't believe in Islam is OK even if, by your opinion, its Bush's fault?
    What I have told you in multiple fashion is that I opposed every operation the US has conducted in the ME since Carter, all of which have produced much of what were looking at today. I would have preferred that we never started killing people in the ME, supporting militant Islamic groups and conducting regime change from one end to the other.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #430
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,119

    Re: American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    So you think allowing ISIS to slaughter innocent civilians because they don't believe in Islam is OK even if, by your opinion, its Bush's fault?
    or hell - even if they do believe in Islam, and simply not ISIL's particularly brutal brand of it.

Page 43 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •