Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 199

Thread: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

  1. #41
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    He sure didnt look elderly on TV...how old was he?
    15 years old.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,894

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    15 years old.
    LOL well someone said 55 but considering that he really did look black on my TV...who knew?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #43
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    LOL well someone said 55 but considering that he really did look black on my TV...who knew?
    My bad. I thought the question was how old the girl was.

  4. #44
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I never she was, however the homeowner thought she was, hence the reason he shot her. Right?

    What happened here, is that the ability for citizens to protect their property has been taken away. Any time that happens, crime goes up.
    You did know he was intoxicated at twice the legal level and had been smoking pot right? What a great combination with a firearm!

    Btw since when is it a good idea to shoot first and ask questions later?

  5. #45
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,637

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    This whole thing is confusing to me. The teen crashed her car, according to the media, several hours earlier, yet all of a sudden she is knocking on a stranger's door, drunk and high, asking for help? She rear-ended a car a few hours before she landed on the man's doorstep, and it was a half-mile away. What the hell was she doing during that time? The woman whose car she ran into said she was going to call for help for her, and McBride said she was going to walk home and didn't need the woman's help.

    Several hours, and a half-mile later, she ended up at the home of the man who shot her.

    Things just seem off - like something isn't adding up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  6. #46
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,637

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    You did know he was intoxicated at twice the legal level and had been smoking pot right? What a great combination with a firearm!
    Where did you read that the shooter was drunk and high? From what I read, he was asleep at 430am, when he heard a knock on his door. I know that she was drunk and high, but I've not read anything (yet) that said that the shooter was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  7. #47
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Where did you read that the shooter was drunk and high? From what I read, he was asleep at 430am, when he heard a knock on his door. I know that she was drunk and high, but I've not read anything (yet) that said that the shooter was.
    I thought I read that on the CNN page but must have read it wrong. Must have been reading too fast.

  8. #48
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,960

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Im kinda torn over this- I fully support the right to defend your home but at the same time the girl wasnt trying to break in but she was banging loudly on the door and in the wee morning hours too so the homeowner was probably jolted out of sleep thinking WTF was going on. What he did was wrong but I can understand what he was going through getting woken up like that and making a life or death decision while half asleep. I would have supported a lesser charge say involuntary manslaughter but not murder. The conviction should be appealed on those grounds.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Excon cares not about convictions or trials.
    As far as Excon is concerned, a white guy shot an unarmed black teen...so he should go free.


    Maybe you haven't heard, but this topic isn't about me or your lies.
    Last edited by Excon; 08-08-14 at 06:03 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #50
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Justice served?
    1.) He wasn't an asshole.
    2.) Someone calling him one though?

    There was no evidence that she was seeking help. None. So stop with the spin.

    That said; He should have stuck with what he initially said. Accidental discharge, as that could only be manslaughter.
    From the WSJ:

    The racially mixed jury deliberated for about eight hours on Wednesday and Thursday before rendering its verdict in a much-watched case that raised questions about whether the race of the victim played a role.The jury also convicted Mr. Wafer of a separate manslaughter and felony firearm charge. He could be sentenced to life in prison at a hearing scheduled for Aug. 21.

    Detroit-Area Man Convicted of Second-Degree Murder in Porch Shooting - WSJ

    That in no way refutes what you quoted.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •