Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 199

Thread: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

  1. #21
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    She wasn't a crook. WTF are you talking about?
    I never she was, however the homeowner thought she was, hence the reason he shot her. Right?

    What happened here, is that the ability for citizens to protect their property has been taken away. Any time that happens, crime goes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Spin? He has been CONVICTED, or didn't you read that?
    Excon cares not about convictions or trials.
    As far as Excon is concerned, a white guy shot an unarmed black teen...so he should go free.
    Last edited by Buck Ewer; 08-07-14 at 11:10 PM.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I never she was, however the homeowner thought she was, hence the reason he shot her. Right?

    What happened here, is that the ability for citizens to protect their property has been taken away. Any time that happens, crime goes up.
    Crime went up when Wafer pulled the trigger.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,670

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I never she was, however the homeowner thought she was, hence the reason he shot her. Right?

    What happened here, is that the ability for citizens to protect their property has been taken away. Any time that happens, crime goes up.
    You said that now criminals would have less concern of homeowner action.

    How was his ability to protect his property taken away? (Well,now it is)

    To his knowlege she attempted to take no property and she never gained access to the house. Why did he need to shoot?

    *Could* he shoot? Apparently he though so. *Should* he have shot? No....he was in no imminent danger. He had true cover, the ability to retreat, and never called 911. In most states, if not all, (not sure about TX) the person needs to be in the house...not just on the property...or at least breaking in.

    While he may have 'believed' she was trying to break in, his fear kept him from perceiving the actual actions and instead of waiting (he still could have), retreating (he could have even if he didnt have to), and he could have called 911.

    His poor judgement, for whatever reason...my guess is fear...makes all gun owners look weak and unable to control themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #25
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,571

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Excon cares not about convictions or trials.
    As far as Excon is concerned, a white guy shot an unarmed black teen...so he should be let go.
    as opposed to say far left extremists who think that its always wrong for a white person to shoot a black even if the black is intent on robbery or murder?



  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    He sure didnt look elderly on TV...how old was he?
    He is 55.
    That doesn't seem "elderly" to me...
    Someone is spinning like a top.

  7. #27
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    At what point was she a criminal? Arent gun owners supposed to identify threats before shooting?

    Do burglars and home invaders knock first? If they do, if that was your assumption, wouldnt you also assume they were armed and not just throw open the door and become a target?

    Weak fool like this hurts all our gun rights.
    Yes, sometimes they do knock first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #28
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You said that now criminals would have less concern of homeowner action.

    How was his ability to protect his property taken away? (Well,now it is)

    To his knowlege she attempted to take no property and she never gained access to the house. Why did he need to shoot?

    *Could* he shoot? Apparently he though so. *Should* he have shot? No....he was in no imminent danger. He had true cover, the ability to retreat, and never called 911. In most states, if not all, (not sure about TX) the person needs to be in the house...not just on the property...or at least breaking in.

    While he may have 'believed' she was trying to break in, his fear kept him from perceiving the actual actions and instead of waiting (he still could have), retreating (he could have even if he didnt have to), and he could have called 911.

    His poor judgement, for whatever reason...my guess is fear...makes all gun owners look weak and unable to control themselves.
    Right, now it has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    as opposed to say far left extremists who think that its always wrong for a white person to shoot a black even if the black is intent on robbery or murder?
    No such intent was demonstrated in this case.
    She was murdered because she knocked on his door and she was black.
    Nothing else could be shown.

  10. #30
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    I would have figured voluntary manslaughter, but meh.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •