Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 199

Thread: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

  1. #101
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,586

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    "Attention crooks: do what you want. If someone tries to stop you, we'll put their asses in prison".

    Look for a sharp increase in burglaries and home invasions.
    Beware Jehovah's Witnesses! In Red-State America it is completely acceptable to kill someone for knocking on your door. That'll teach those Girl Scouts trying to sell me cookies.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    No we were not. We were discussing a very specific statement regarding his initial statement. As previously shown.
    So let me show it again.
    Yes as I said, we were discussing a murder.
    The murderer testified at his trial that he "raised the gun and shot". Just like I said ," He pulled the trigger".
    The jury concluded that he had committed murder, just as I said weeks ago.
    His lawyer realized that his flimsy defense that the gun accidentally discharged wasn't going to hold water.
    Guns don't just "go off". Fingers pull triggers.
    They went for the self defense strategy instead, but no threat to his life could be convincingly shown to the jury.
    So I was correct . Wafer has been convicted . He is a murderer.

  3. #103
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,586

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I never she was, however the homeowner thought she was, hence the reason he shot her. Right?

    What happened here, is that the ability for citizens to protect their property has been taken away. Any time that happens, crime goes up.
    There was no evidence that he was protecting anyone from anything.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    None of that is evident. There was no evidence she was trying to break in. At least none that was presented at the trial. He openly stated he was worried she might try to break in and he was worried that there might be multiple people out there. Again, this was not a case built around speculation. His account of what happened was accepted. The jury found that based on his account the shooting and lethal force was not warranted.
    Yes. The jury found that "worry" is not grounds for a legit killing in self defense.

  5. #105
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:58 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,813

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And? What does the conviction have to do with your false spin?
    There was no evidence that she was seeking any help.
    So what is it you do not understand about that claim being spin?


    Odd, it is almost like you are trying to find information to back up your spin.
    Sorry, the only thing that exists are opinions that she may have been looking for help, which is not evidence.
    Which also flies in the face of the evidence that she turned down offers of help.
    Do you even know what the word "evidence" means? Judging from your statements in this thread, I don't think you do.

    You seem to confuse "evidence" with "proof", and even then don't see it as proof simply because you don't want to.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #106
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Do you even know what the word "evidence" means? Judging from your statements in this thread, I don't think you do.

    You seem to confuse "evidence" with "proof", and even then don't see it as proof simply because you don't want to.
    You seem to be confused and your judger seems to be off.
    Did I use the word proof?

    Or is it that you do not understand that a proffered opinion is not evidence that she was seeking help?
    Or is it that you do not understand that actually testimony of her turning down assistance is evidence?
    Which is it?
    Last edited by Excon; 08-08-14 at 10:19 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #107
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Yes as I said, we were discussing a murder.
    Why do you continue to tell untruths?

    We were discussing a very specific statement. And you know that. His initial statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    He originally stated that the gun accidentally fired. That would make it manslaughter under Mich law.
    Guns don't "accidentally" fire themselves.
    He had to pull the trigger.

    As anybody can see, we were discussing a very specific statement he made.


    But since it seems you do not know how to differentiate between what you quote and what you are actually trying to say, I will let this continue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    The jury concluded that he had committed murder, just as I said weeks ago.
    Let me show you how absurd your attempt to brag is.
    The jury concluded that he had committed manslaughter, just as I said weeks ago.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #108
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    78,123

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    That's not the message. He over reacted by shooting through the door.
    It's the message that will be received. Now, people aren't going to know if they're over-reacting and they're going to hesitate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #109
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,509

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    The facts the trial were pretty clear. Neither side argued or disagreed about what happened. The question the jury faced was not what happened but rather whether his actions were justified. He felt he was in danger, however it was determined his feeling threatened was not justified.
    The facts of the trial are not at all clear to me yet. I would've guessed voluntary manslaughter too and am surprised by the second-degree conviction.

  10. #110
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,586

    Re: Suburban Detroit homeowner convicted of second-degree murder in porch shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's the message that will be received. Now, people aren't going to know if they're over-reacting and they're going to hesitate.
    If you don't hesitate before shooting another human being, you shouldn't have a gun.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •