Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 644

Thread: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

  1. #531
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Obama's approval rating reflects that 6 in 10 Americans are dissatisfied with his job performance. Bush ended up at 22%, which reflects that near 8 in 10 Americans were dissatisfied with his job performance. It doesn't defend anything. It just shows that sometimes Americans become disenchanted with the CIC's job performance, and sometimes more so then at other times.
    The key words in that sentence is "ended up". We really don't know how low Obama can go, now do we?

  2. #532
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So you deal in facts? Do you know what a CR is and for how long they are in effect? Do you understand that the fiscal year of the U.S. runs from October to September and that Bush was in office only 3 plus months of fiscal year 2009?

    do you further understand that TARP Was a loan and the 700 billion was part of the CBO Projected deficit for 2009? How much of TARP was actually spent and how much was paid back? Where did that payback go?

    I really am willing to learn but so far your education process is lacking and a disappointment.

    As for jobs added, you seem to ignore that we have the same number of people working today as we had in December 2007 so I guess as a liberal you will take whatever point in time you want to show what you want to show. Fact, Obama has added over 7 trillion to the debt and we still have the same number working as we had when the recession began. Noticed how that fact escapes you.

    You want badly to believe in liberalism but liberalism is a complete and total failure. Results are what people feel not what actually happened. Try again. Obama signed the 2009 budget in March 2009 thus it was his budget and his results. Guess those shovel ready jobs are still in route?
    You're not catching one though. Facts:

    Obama has indeed presided over the slowest growth in spending of any president using raw dollars, and it was the second-slowest if you adjust for inflation. The math simultaneously backs up Nutting’s calculations and demolishes Romney’s contention.

    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-has-lowest-s/

    Fiscal 2009 began Oct. 1, 2008. That was before Obama was elected, and nearly four months before he took office on Jan. 20, 2009.

    Obama’s Spending: ‘Inferno’ or Not?

    Since Obama took office, federal spending has risen much more slowly than it did under his predecessor.

    http://www.factcheck.org/2014/07/oba...y-2014-update/

    I'm not the blind partisan in our conversation.
    Last edited by Boo Radley; 09-08-14 at 04:08 PM.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #533
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Budgets are struck the day they are signed into law. What Obama signed, Obama owns.

    End. Of. Story.
    Yes, and I agree. But he had overlap from Bush that many ignore, as Conservative does. It's a fact.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #534
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,232

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, and I agree. But he had overlap from Bush that many ignore, as Conservative does. It's a fact.

    The " overlap " you're referring to is the FY2009 Budget written by Nancy Pelosi and filled with so much new spending Bush publicly threatened to Veto most of it.

    Out of the 12 Spending appropriations bills in the FY 2009 budget, Bush signed 3 and Obama signed 9.

    Then there's " stimulus " and then 3 Consecutive years of 1.3 Trillion in spending.

    Obama's outspent every President before him amd we're no better off for it

  5. #535
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, and I agree. But he had overlap from Bush that many ignore, as Conservative does. It's a fact.


    Every president since Adams has dealt with "overlap", what makes Obama so special he's "thwarted" by a rogue band of "traitor" Republicans.

    Look, your guy is an empty shell, a poverty pimp community organizer in the most politically corrupt city in America. The reason for all the lame, bull**** excuses is that he's an incompetent blow hard, a product of some of the slickest propaganda in history. He does not understand the system of government nor the budget process and apparently neither do you.

    He signed it, he owns it, just like Adams, Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Reagan and Clinton whom no one ever heard "I inherited this mess.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  6. #536
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    The key words in that sentence is "ended up". We really don't know how low Obama can go, now do we?
    The point being, it doesn't mean anything to the true believer. So ****ty of a job did Bush do, that he ended up with a near 80% disapproval rating, yet his failed policies, responsible for such a dismal approval rating, find support at DP, by some, routinely.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #537
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    The " overlap " you're referring to is the FY2009 Budget written by Nancy Pelosi and filled with so much new spending Bush publicly threatened to Veto most of it.

    Out of the 12 Spending appropriations bills in the FY 2009 budget, Bush signed 3 and Obama signed 9.

    Then there's " stimulus " and then 3 Consecutive years of 1.3 Trillion in spending.

    Obama's outspent every President before him amd we're no better off for it
    Excuses. Just plain partisan excuses. If Obama's is Obama's, than Bush's is his.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #538
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The point being, it doesn't mean anything to the true believer. So ****ty of a job did Bush do, that he ended up with a near 80% disapproval rating, yet his failed policies, responsible for such a dismal approval rating, find support at DP, by some, routinely.
    Oh but I am sure you think Obama is just doing a great job right?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #539
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Every president since Adams has dealt with "overlap", what makes Obama so special he's "thwarted" by a rogue band of "traitor" Republicans.

    Look, your guy is an empty shell, a poverty pimp community organizer in the most politically corrupt city in America. The reason for all the lame, bull**** excuses is that he's an incompetent blow hard, a product of some of the slickest propaganda in history. He does not understand the system of government nor the budget process and apparently neither do you.

    He signed it, he owns it, just like Adams, Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Reagan and Clinton whom no one ever heard "I inherited this mess.
    Not special, but many use Bush's numbers in their attacks. It's important to be accurate.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #540
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not special, but many use Bush's numbers in their attacks. It's important to be accurate.
    Many as in who? For instance, who in this thread was the first to bring up Bush? I don't know, I am asking?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •