Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 644

Thread: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

  1. #521
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You judge performance based upon numbers. You say they don't tell the whole story? Well tell me the rest of the story? Tell me how you add 7 trillion dollars to the debt and still have the same employment numbers that were there when the recession started?

    Yes, the jobs started going down with Bush but prior to the Democrats taking control of the Congress his economy generated 9 million jobs after the recession he inherited and 9/11. The tax cuts went into full effect in July 2003 so how do you expect the same tax cuts to benefit anyone 5 years later? Is that how you operate, get a raise one year and then not another one for 10 years?

    Bush didn't have a 2009 budget, he had a proposal that was never passed therefore it was the Obama budget. Show me the signed and approved Bush budget and I will agree with you.

    You don't seem to understand leadership at all because you say the Presidents aren't responsible for probably anything. That is so wrong it is absolutely stupid. Leadership is about taking responsibility and working with even your political enemies to get things done. Obama arrogance and smirk isn't conducive to any kind of working relationship nor are his leadership skills.

    So far your first lesson taught me that you feel instead of think and that you really don't have anything to offer as a valid argument for your point because the reality is you have no concept as to even how the numbers are generated or what impacted those numbers.
    I have told you the rest of the story. Those numbers reflect things that happened under Bush, and that the economy is not related to either president by and large. I've supported that with links not only to mainstream, but by conservatives. It isn't mere opinion, but the very nature of their job and the limits on their power. They don't control the economy. You need to show factual how they have the kind of control you claim. Your numbers don't do that any more than those numbers that show the economy is better under democrat presidencies. It's the same error made by the other side. But instead of answering the point, you get stuck in a loop of posting the same meaningless data.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #522
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I have told you the rest of the story. Those numbers reflect things that happened under Bush, and that the economy is not related to either president by and large. I've supported that with links not only to mainstream, but by conservatives. It isn't mere opinion, but the very nature of their job and the limits on their power. They don't control the economy. You need to show factual how they have the kind of control you claim. Your numbers don't do that any more than those numbers that show the economy is better under democrat presidencies. It's the same error made by the other side. But instead of answering the point, you get stuck in a loop of posting the same meaningless data.
    Budgets are yearly, deficits are yearly, debt is cumulative. You don't seem to grasp the concept that economic policy is implemented by the President and it was Obama' economic policy and budget that he so called inherited. Democrats rejected the Bush budget and the Bush economic policies.

    Guess I am not going to get educated at all because you offer nothing but your opinion as fact. If you don't understand deficits, the fiscal year of the U.S, Presidential economic policies, the budget, you aren't going to teach anyone anything

  3. #523
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Budgets are yearly, deficits are yearly, debt is cumulative. You don't seem to grasp the concept that economic policy is implemented by the President and it was Obama' economic policy and budget that he so called inherited. Democrats rejected the Bush budget and the Bush economic policies.

    Guess I am not going to get educated at all because you offer nothing but your opinion as fact. If you don't understand deficits, the fiscal year of the U.S, Presidential economic policies, the budget, you aren't going to teach anyone anything
    Understand all of that. But you should know that budgets are made ahead of time and thus what goes on in any given year is from the year before. This too has been explained to you, and documented. The recession happened under Bush polices, with the Bush tax cuts in place. To be educated you have to actually listen.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #524
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Understand all of that. But you should know that budgets are made ahead of time and thus what goes on in any given year is from the year before. This too has been explained to you, and documented. The recession happened under Bush polices, with the Bush tax cuts in place. To be educated you have to actually listen.
    Yes, Bush submitted a budget that had a 500 billion dollar deficit but it was rejected by Congress. The fiscal year 2009 budget was signed by Obama and passed in March 2009 making it the Obama budget. Included in that budget was TARP, the Stimulus, the Afghanistan supplemental. TARP was mostly repaid with interest but rather than reduce the debt it was recycled. It is amazing how little you truly understand about 2009 and economic policies. I am still waiting to be taught by you?

  5. #525
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, Bush submitted a budget that had a 500 billion dollar deficit but it was rejected by Congress. The fiscal year 2009 budget was signed by Obama and passed in March 2009 making it the Obama budget. Included in that budget was TARP, the Stimulus, the Afghanistan supplemental. TARP was mostly repaid with interest but rather than reduce the debt it was recycled. It is amazing how little you truly understand about 2009 and economic policies. I am still waiting to be taught by you?
    I deal in facts sir:

    President Bush signed the massive spending bill under which the government was operating when Obama took office. That was Sept. 30, 2008. As The Associated Press noted, it combined “a record Pentagon budget with aid for automakers and natural disaster victims, and increased health care funding for veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.”
    Bush also signed, on Oct. 3, 2008, a bank bailout bill that authorized another $700 billion to avert a looming financial collapse (though not all of that would end up being spent in fiscal 2009, and Obama later signed a measure reducing total authorized bailout spending to $475 billion).

    Obama’s Spending: ‘Inferno’ or Not?

    Now that we have figures for the full four years of Obama’s first term, a surprising fact emerges: The economy added more jobs during four years under Obama than it did in the entire eight years under Bush.

    Obama’s Numbers (Quarterly Update)

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #526
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I deal in facts sir:

    President Bush signed the massive spending bill under which the government was operating when Obama took office. That was Sept. 30, 2008. As The Associated Press noted, it combined “a record Pentagon budget with aid for automakers and natural disaster victims, and increased health care funding for veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.”
    Bush also signed, on Oct. 3, 2008, a bank bailout bill that authorized another $700 billion to avert a looming financial collapse (though not all of that would end up being spent in fiscal 2009, and Obama later signed a measure reducing total authorized bailout spending to $475 billion).

    Obama’s Spending: ‘Inferno’ or Not?

    Now that we have figures for the full four years of Obama’s first term, a surprising fact emerges: The economy added more jobs during four years under Obama than it did in the entire eight years under Bush.

    Obama’s Numbers (Quarterly Update)

    So you deal in facts? Do you know what a CR is and for how long they are in effect? Do you understand that the fiscal year of the U.S. runs from October to September and that Bush was in office only 3 plus months of fiscal year 2009?

    do you further understand that TARP Was a loan and the 700 billion was part of the CBO Projected deficit for 2009? How much of TARP was actually spent and how much was paid back? Where did that payback go?

    I really am willing to learn but so far your education process is lacking and a disappointment.

    As for jobs added, you seem to ignore that we have the same number of people working today as we had in December 2007 so I guess as a liberal you will take whatever point in time you want to show what you want to show. Fact, Obama has added over 7 trillion to the debt and we still have the same number working as we had when the recession began. Noticed how that fact escapes you.

    You want badly to believe in liberalism but liberalism is a complete and total failure. Results are what people feel not what actually happened. Try again. Obama signed the 2009 budget in March 2009 thus it was his budget and his results. Guess those shovel ready jobs are still in route?

  7. #527
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post

    #2 The question about Obama you left out:



    These numbers go along with his approval rating which is about what Bush's around this time. Nice try, but hardly the worst President this country has ever had. I will say he is a bad president but not the worst president.

    Nice try on cherry picking there.
    I know this is old but ... I just couldn't help but point out that your defense of Obama's approval rating is that it was the same for Bush around this time.... Not you best comeback ever...

  8. #528
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    I know this is old but ... I just couldn't help but point out that your defense of Obama's approval rating is that it was the same for Bush around this time.... Not you best comeback ever...
    Yes, this thread is old however you obviously took my one quote and made an entire assumption that it was defending Obama. It wasn't. If you see my following quotes after the one you quoted, you'll see where I pointed out that it is silly to be arguing which one is worse (Obama or Bush) when both sucked.

  9. #529
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    I know this is old but ... I just couldn't help but point out that your defense of Obama's approval rating is that it was the same for Bush around this time.... Not you best comeback ever...
    Obama's approval rating reflects that 6 in 10 Americans are dissatisfied with his job performance. Bush ended up at 22%, which reflects that near 8 in 10 Americans were dissatisfied with his job performance. It doesn't defend anything. It just shows that sometimes Americans become disenchanted with the CIC's job performance, and sometimes more so then at other times.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #530
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,458

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Understand all of that. But you should know that budgets are made ahead of time and thus what goes on in any given year is from the year before. This too has been explained to you, and documented. The recession happened under Bush polices, with the Bush tax cuts in place. To be educated you have to actually listen.

    Budgets are struck the day they are signed into law. What Obama signed, Obama owns.

    End. Of. Story.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •