Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 644

Thread: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

  1. #511
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Wrong again Joe. If anything Conservative has posted so much data, some on your side of the argument keep telling him he spams it....Another day, another chance to be wrong eh?
    He posts data that isn't related to the issue, and as such doesn't dispute anyone. I've pointed out many times he doesn't even know what his data actually means. So, no, I'm not wrong on this.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #512
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Apparently you then wouldn't know a fact if it bit you in the ass. BEA.gov, bls.gov, Treasury provides data that is the best we have and is non partisan. That data makes you look and sound foolish
    I do a fact, and how to read what they actually mean. I can help you if you want.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #513
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,295

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I do a fact, and how to read what they actually mean. I can help you if you want.
    Oh, please educate me on how to read the data, I look forward to it. We can start with the following

    Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey
    Original Data Value

    Series Id: LNS12000000
    Seasonally Adjusted
    Series title: (Seas) Employment Level
    Labor force status: Employed
    Type of data: Number in thousands
    Age: 16 years and over
    Years: 1980 to 2014

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
    2001 137778 137612 137783 137299 137092 136873 137071 136241 136846 136392 136238 136047
    2002 135701 136438 136177 136126 136539 136415 136413 136705 137302 137008 136521 136426
    2003 137417 137482 137434 137633 137544 137790 137474 137549 137609 137984 138424 138411
    2004 138472 138542 138453 138680 138852 139174 139556 139573 139487 139732 140231 140125
    2005 140245 140385 140654 141254 141609 141714 142026 142434 142401 142548 142499 142752
    2006 143150 143457 143741 143761 144089 144353 144202 144625 144815 145314 145534 145970
    2007 146028 146057 146320 145586 145903 146063 145905 145682 146244 145946 146595 146273
    2008 146378 146156 146086 146132 145908 145737 145532 145203 145076 144802 144100 143369
    2009 142152 141640 140707 140656 140248 140009 139901 139492 138818 138432 138659 138013
    2010 138451 138599 138752 139309 139247 139148 139179 139427 139393 139111 139030 139266
    2011 139287 139422 139655 139622 139653 139409 139524 139904 140154 140335 140747 140836
    2012 141677 141943 142079 141963 142257 142432 142272 142204 142947 143369 143233 143212
    2013 143384 143464 143393 143676 143919 144075 144285 144179 144270 143485 144443 144586
    2014 145224 145266 145742 145669 145814 146221 146352
    Then we can talk about the discouraged workers and whether or not they are counted in the official unemployment numbers and who had the lower discouraged workers PLUS unemployed Bush or Obama?

    We can then talk about the debt when Obama took office and what it is now plus what we got for that debt?

    We can also talk about GDP growth and average growth by President

    I anxiously await you teaching me because obviously as a Conservative I am not nearly as smart as you but am willing to learn

  4. #514
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,295

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I do a fact, and how to read what they actually mean. I can help you if you want.
    Wondered if you could give me a time line as to when the education process will begin. I am very anxious and eager to learn. Thanks in advance

  5. #515
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Wondered if you could give me a time line as to when the education process will begin. I am very anxious and eager to learn. Thanks in advance
    Anytime you like.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #516
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,295

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Anytime you like.
    No time better than the present, start with the area you deem I am most lacking and let's build from there. I want to learn so let's see what you have

  7. #517
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,295

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I do a fact, and how to read what they actually mean. I can help you if you want.
    Still waiting for that lesson from you or are you all talk?

  8. #518
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Oh, please educate me on how to read the data, I look forward to it. We can start with the following



    Then we can talk about the discouraged workers and whether or not they are counted in the official unemployment numbers and who had the lower discouraged workers PLUS unemployed Bush or Obama?

    We can then talk about the debt when Obama took office and what it is now plus what we got for that debt?

    We can also talk about GDP growth and average growth by President

    I anxiously await you teaching me because obviously as a Conservative I am not nearly as smart as you but am willing to learn
    These are bulk numbers and by themselves tell you nothing. The novice often mistakenly thinks that by posting such they cover all bases, but they don't. You will also noticed the jobs started going down under Bush, with tax cuts in place. You will also note that the first part of the Obama presidency was under the Bush budget and not an Obama budget. The numbers also give no clue as to any causes. Only an idiot makes the causal relationship error that the president must be be responsible. But we've been over this before. So write this down, and study it for awhile. For remedial work, go read the conservative link I gave your from Forbes that explained why presidents were not responsible for this type of thing. I've linked it and others for you several times, so just work backwards.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #519
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,295

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    These are bulk numbers and by themselves tell you nothing. The novice often mistakenly thinks that by posting such they cover all bases, but they don't. You will also noticed the jobs started going down under Bush, with tax cuts in place. You will also note that the first part of the Obama presidency was under the Bush budget and not an Obama budget. The numbers also give no clue as to any causes. Only an idiot makes the causal relationship error that the president must be be responsible. But we've been over this before. So write this down, and study it for awhile. For remedial work, go read the conservative link I gave your from Forbes that explained why presidents were not responsible for this type of thing. I've linked it and others for you several times, so just work backwards.
    You judge performance based upon numbers. You say they don't tell the whole story? Well tell me the rest of the story? Tell me how you add 7 trillion dollars to the debt and still have the same employment numbers that were there when the recession started?

    Yes, the jobs started going down with Bush but prior to the Democrats taking control of the Congress his economy generated 9 million jobs after the recession he inherited and 9/11. The tax cuts went into full effect in July 2003 so how do you expect the same tax cuts to benefit anyone 5 years later? Is that how you operate, get a raise one year and then not another one for 10 years?

    Bush didn't have a 2009 budget, he had a proposal that was never passed therefore it was the Obama budget. Show me the signed and approved Bush budget and I will agree with you.

    You don't seem to understand leadership at all because you say the Presidents aren't responsible for probably anything. That is so wrong it is absolutely stupid. Leadership is about taking responsibility and working with even your political enemies to get things done. Obama arrogance and smirk isn't conducive to any kind of working relationship nor are his leadership skills.

    So far your first lesson taught me that you feel instead of think and that you really don't have anything to offer as a valid argument for your point because the reality is you have no concept as to even how the numbers are generated or what impacted those numbers.

  10. #520
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    These are bulk numbers and by themselves tell you nothing. The novice often mistakenly thinks that by posting such they cover all bases, but they don't. You will also noticed the jobs started going down under Bush, with tax cuts in place. You will also note that the first part of the Obama presidency was under the Bush budget and not an Obama budget. The numbers also give no clue as to any causes. Only an idiot makes the causal relationship error that the president must be be responsible. But we've been over this before. So write this down, and study it for awhile. For remedial work, go read the conservative link I gave your from Forbes that explained why presidents were not responsible for this type of thing. I've linked it and others for you several times, so just work backwards.
    Not sure why you talk numbers with a poster who has demonstrated he does not know when a table is cumulative or not much less the difference between real, chain and nominal.

    Honestly, this is kind of like talking astrophysics with Mikey. Just sayin'.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •