Page 37 of 65 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 644

Thread: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

  1. #361
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    I don't recall any data that you present. Conservatives live in a fantasy world based on an Ayn Rand novel. Most economic indicators are better than Bush's. Let's recap, shall we?

    Under Pres. Obama, job gains were 4.538 million jobs as of July. George Bush's were 1.116 million. GDP is 2.5 trillion higher; the Dow Jones Industrial Average is ~double from where Bush left it.
    When the recession began there were 146 million working Americans, and that is the number today so that isn't 4.5 million jobs. When Obama took office the debt was 10.6 trillion, it is 17.6 trillion today. Obama GDP growth is 350 billion a year, Bush's was 485 billion per year. Bush never had a trillion dollar deficit, Obama had 4 straight. Prior to the Democrats taking office Bush economy generated over 9 million jobs and he had 52 straight months of job growth. Again, you have no idea what you are talking about.

    When Bush left office the War in Iraq had been won, today Obama has lost the peace. When Bush left office the Muslim Brotherhood was basically an unknown and now they basically control the Middle East. The only thing Obama did better than Bush was lower his golf handicap and take expensive vacations.

    You really don't understand leadership at all.
    Last edited by Conservative; 08-10-14 at 10:51 AM.

  2. #362
    Sage


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,320

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    When the recession began there were 146 million working Americans, and that is the number today so that isn't 4.5 million jobs. When Obama took office the debt was 10.6 trillion, it is 17.6 trillion today. Obama GDP growth is 350 billion a year, Bush's was 485 billion per year. Bush never had a trillion dollar deficit, Obama had 4 straight. Prior to the Democrats taking office Bush economy generated over 9 million jobs and he had 52 straight months of job growth. Again, you have no idea what you are talking about.

    When Bush left office the War in Iraq had been won, today Obama has lost the peace. When Bush left office the Muslim Brotherhood was basically an unknown and now they basically control the Middle East. The only thing Obama did better than Bush was lower his golf handicap and take expensive vacations.

    You really don't understand leadership at all.
    When G.W. Bush left office there were 133,631,000 employed, not 146 million. As of July, there were 139,004,000 employed. The difference is 5.4 million job gains.

    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  3. #363
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    When G.W. Bush left office there were 133,631,000 employed, not 146 million. As of July, there were 139,004,000 employed. The difference is 5.4 million job gains.

    Here are the employment numbers from BLS

    Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey
    Original Data Value

    Series Id: LNS12000000
    Seasonally Adjusted
    Series title: (Seas) Employment Level
    Labor force status: Employed
    Type of data: Number in thousands
    Age: 16 years and over
    Years: 1980 to 2014

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec

    2007 146028 146057 146320 145586 145903 146063 145905 145682 146244 145946 146595 146273
    2008 146378 146156 146086 146132 145908 145737 145532 145203 145076 144802 144100 143369
    2009 142152 141640 140707 140656 140248 140009 139901 139492 138818 138432 138659 138013
    2010 138451 138599 138752 139309 139247 139148 139179 139427 139393 139111 139030 139266
    2011 139287 139422 139655 139622 139653 139409 139524 139904 140154 140335 140747 140836
    2012 141677 141943 142079 141963 142257 142432 142272 142204 142947 143369 143233 143212
    2013 143384 143464 143393 143676 143919 144075 144285 144179 144270 143485 144443 144586
    2014 145224 145266 145742 145669 145814 146221 146352
    So stop making a fool of yourself.

  4. #364
    Sage


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,320

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Here are the employment numbers from BLS



    So stop making a fool of yourself.
    Actually, it is you who are making a fool of yourself because you are displaying to all that you don't know the difference between all the different measures. What you are measuring is "Employment status of the civilian noninstitutional population 16 years and over" which includes people, including family members, working on farms. What is typically used is the nonfarm employment figures, which is what I used.

    Comparing the current number to 2007, before Obama became president, is not the comparison usually made if one wants to honestly measure the success of any administration. One looks at the jobs created during their term -- not starting midway in the previous president's term.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  5. #365
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    Actually, it is you who are making a fool of yourself because you are displaying to all that you don't know the difference between all the different measures. What you are measuring is "Employment status of the civilian noninstitutional population 16 years and over" which includes people, including family members, working on farms. What is typically used is the nonfarm employment figures, which is what I used.

    Comparing the current number to 2007, before Obama became president, is not the comparison usually made if one wants to honestly measure the success of any administration. One looks at the jobs created during their term -- not starting midway in the previous president's term.
    Of course it makes no sense to you because you are a liberal and it doesn't show the true performance of Obama. Why does it make sense to a liberal that we have the same number of people working today that we had when the recession began and it only cost us 7 trillion to get there? You don't seem able to comprehend reality. We had population growth, we had millions of Americans turning 16, we have 7.5 million full time part time workers today that wanted full time jobs. We have averaged over a million discouraged workers a month since Obama took office more than double anything Bush had.

    As for the employment, Obama has nothing whatsoever to do with state employment although his economy has required states to cut their payrolls but that hasn't affected the Federal Govt. whose employment has grown. You simply want to buy the rhetoric which therefore makes it true. Sorry but to register the actual numbers employed in this country you have to look at all people. Now I understand that you prefer selected numbers because you are desperate to justify your support. There is nothing you can post that would justify that support today. You bought the rhetoric, you gave it a shot, you lost

    If you want to truly be honest, why did you vote for Obama if not to recover from the recession and grow employment back past pre recession numbers? He said he had the answers, you bought the rhetoric and now the results don't support that vote yet you still cannot admit you were wrong.

  6. #366
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,274

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    While you claim there is an "attack" on coal, that's just a way of saying you don't like coal regulations
    , which in the case of coal, are sensible. Coal emissions are not only the worst greenhouse emissions but are highly carcinogenic. But, in any case,
    the biggest enemy of coal is the free market. Coal is finding it just can't compete with other fuels.
    Study: Most Coal-Fired Power Plants Can't Compete Against Natural Gas | WFPL
    How many coal-fired energy plants had to close because of Obama's regulations?

    Obama's regulations were in no way concerned for the free-market, and the coal industry's demise is intentional.

    Furthermore, the free-market has no connection whatsoever to Obama's solar/wind enchantment and it's costing us, not him ... so far.

  7. #367
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    How many coal-fired energy plants had to close because of Obama's regulations?

    Obama's regulations were in no way concerned for the free-market, and the coal industry's demise is intentional.

    Furthermore, the free-market has no connection whatsoever to Obama's solar/wind enchantment and it's costing us, not him ... so far.
    Last I checked West Virginia was an Obama state, doesn't look to be the case. Wonder where the disconnect is between MTAtech and the people of W. Va.

    Hawaiians, D.C. Residents Most Approving of Obama in 2013

  8. #368
    Sage


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,320

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    How many coal-fired energy plants had to close because of Obama's regulations?
    Sorry, I am not your research assistant. If you are asserting that regulations added by the Obama Administration was causal to closing of coal-fired electric plants, the onus is upon you, not me, to prove it.

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Obama's regulations were in no way concerned for the free-market, and the coal industry's demise is intentional.
    That is your opinion, based solely on, um, your opinion. However, the articles that I linked said otherwise, namely, that competition from natural gas is causing a free-market decision against coal.

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Furthermore, the free-market has no connection whatsoever to Obama's solar/wind enchantment and it's costing us, not him ... so far.
    Don't you get tired of being proven wrong?

    From the Wall Street Journal:
    The U.S. is on pace to install as much solar power this year [2012] as it did in this century's entire first decade: at least 2,500 megawatts, the equivalent of more than two nuclear-power plants. The U.S. added about 742 megawatts of solar capacity in the second quarter, or enough to power about 150,000 homes, the Solar Energy Industries Association said in a report...

    The price gap with traditional power sources is shrinking fast. When President Jimmy Carter installed a solar-powered water-heating system at the White House in the late 1970s, solar panels cost about $15 per watt of electricity generated, or about $50 in current dollars, according to GTM Research, a consulting firm that co-wrote the new report. Now they average about 84 cents a watt. The decline suggests that solar power could play a significant role in U.S. power generation...

    I really have to shake my head at the distorted mind-set that paints solar as bad and coal as good.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  9. #369
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    Sorry, I am not your research assistant. If you are asserting that regulations added by the Obama Administration was causal to closing of coal-fired electric plants, the onus is upon you, not me, to prove it.

    That is your opinion, based solely on, um, your opinion. However, the articles that I linked said otherwise, namely, that competition from natural gas is causing a free-market decision against coal.


    Don't you get tired of being proven wrong?

    From the Wall Street Journal:

    I really have to shake my head at the distorted mind-set that paints solar as bad and coal as good.
    How is our investment in Solyndra working out for you? How many billions has been wasted by the Federal Govt. trying to create what the private sector doesn't want? Why do you think the JAR for Obama is 25% in West Virginia?

  10. #370
    Sage


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,320

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Last I checked West Virginia was an Obama state, doesn't look to be the case. Wonder where the disconnect is between MTAtech and the people of W. Va.

    Hawaiians, D.C. Residents Most Approving of Obama in 2013
    Well, I guess you should check again. West Virginia went for Romney. But what you are really saying is that policy for the entire nation should be dictated by which states will vote for a particular political party. Sorry, that's not sensible governance. It is in both the national and world's best interest to reduce emissions that coal produces more than any other fuel.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

Page 37 of 65 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •