Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 644

Thread: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

  1. #331
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,343

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    “If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” - George S. Patton

    Howzitgoing, Pol ?
    It looks like everyone here had an extra large bowl of Wheaties this morning, and they're raring to go, including me! I threw some banana slices in mine - I figured that I might need the potassium for nerve control and blood pressure if the day continues the way it started! Fun!

  2. #332
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,271

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    It looks like everyone here had an extra large bowl of Wheaties this morning, and they're raring to go, including me! I threw some banana slices in mine - I figured that I might need the potassium for nerve control and blood pressure if the day continues the way it started! Fun!

    HA!!!! Bananas and Wheaties.
    It was Cheerios and blueberries for me.

  3. #333
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,343

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    HA!!!! Bananas and Wheaties.
    It was Cheerios and blueberries for me.
    Well, the vitamins in blueberries are good for the brain.....you planning some big surprise today to outwit the critters?

  4. #334
    Sage


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,311

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Ya know, you should pay less attention to the cheerleaders who LIKE your comments in order to keep you all wound up.

    I posted a response to your notion of Obama-as Electricity-magnate and as for your silly Obama-as-modern-day-J.Paul Getty, there's no daylight between me and Fenton.
    The increase in oil exploration was on State & private land ... not Government owned. See the difference?
    You sure are selective in what you post.
    No, I see no relevance as to where energy is drilled. That's up to the drillers not a micromanaged government effort. There are plenty of federal permits that oil cos have that they aren't using. Their objective as a company is to avoid over-drilling in order to force prices down.

    You stated that Obama has hurt the economy, in site energy policy, in particular as an example. You gave no specifics, however. How has Obama hurt the economy and what specific policies made it worse? Also, what would be the results of your alternate policies? Energy is an area that is going just fine in America.

    Oh, people LIKE my comments because they present facts that undercut right-wing fact-less rhetoric.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  5. #335
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    No, I see no relevance as to where energy is drilled. That's up to the drillers not a micromanaged government effort. There are plenty of federal permits that oil cos have that they aren't using. Their objective as a company is to avoid over-drilling in order to force prices down.

    You stated that Obama has hurt the economy, in site energy policy, in particular as an example. You gave no specifics, however. How has Obama hurt the economy and what specific policies made it worse? Also, what would be the results of your alternate policies? Energy is an area that is going just fine in America.

    Oh, people LIKE my comments because they present facts that undercut right-wing fact-less rhetoric.
    LOL, have to keep this one

    Oh, people LIKE my comments because they present facts that undercut right-wing fact-less rhetoric
    You wouldn't recognize a fact if it bit you in the ass. The Oil Companies own leases but aren't exploring because of a very important fact, there isn't any recoverable oil on those leases. Interesting how you buy the liberal rhetoric on every issue and yet ignore the liberal results.

  6. #336
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,271

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Well, the vitamins in blueberries are good for the brain.....you planning some big surprise today to outwit the critters?
    It's goose season around here.
    They're trolling the open areas looking for action.
    Kinda similar to what you find here on DP.

  7. #337
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,271

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, have to keep this one


    You wouldn't recognize a fact if it bit you in the ass. The Oil Companies own leases but aren't exploring because of a very important fact, there isn't any recoverable oil on those leases. Interesting how you buy the liberal rhetoric on every issue and yet ignore the liberal results.
    Oh yeah ... that one's a keeper.
    I'm still laughing.

  8. #338
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Oh yeah ... that one's a keeper.
    I'm still laughing.
    Very good article from CNN that explains the situation

    Oil drilling on leases for millions of acres remains idle - Jun. 7, 2011


    especially the following

    One reason the industry isn't producing on these lands, said Milito, is because there's simply no oil there. Only 25 to 30% of the acres the industry leases offshore ends up having large enough oil deposits to bring into production, he said.

    Then there is this

    Plus, he said oil at $100 a barrel is a huge incentive for companies to produce oil now. The price in the future, he noted, is anyone's guess.

    "This is good politics," said Caruso, "but it's not the way the business works."

  9. #339
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    No, I see no relevance as to where energy is drilled.
    Really? So I suppose the field of Geology is of no use to you eh?

    There are plenty of federal permits that oil cos have that they aren't using.
    Yeah, that's the big lie from the administration...Although the oil companies are receiving permits, when they finally do get one, it is on land that bears either no oil, or is too costly to develop...The administration knows this, but continues the lie to demonize the oil producers....

    Either you just blindly follow along parroting the lie, or you know, and are lying yourself.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #340
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,271

    Re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    No, I see no relevance as to where energy is drilled. That's up to the drillers not a micromanaged government effort. There are plenty of federal permits that oil cos have that they aren't using. Their objective as a company is to avoid over-drilling in order to force prices down.

    You stated that Obama has hurt the economy, in site energy policy, in particular as an example.
    You gave no specifics, however. How has Obama hurt the economy and what specific policies made it worse? Also, what would be the results of your alternate policies? Energy is an area that is going just fine in America.

    Oh,
    people LIKE my comments because they present facts that undercut right-wing fact-less rhetoric.

    I did cite facts ... see post #323.
    I also mentioned Obama's attack on coal through his EPA regulations in #327.
    Oh ... and I love that on the one hand you say Obama has expanded oil exploration and on the other you say it makes no difference that he had nothing to do with it.
    That one's a classic.


    Nope ... you can believe that if you like ... it's tempting to ... but I'm afraid they're stroking you.
    Just remember their names.
    You'll probably see them again.

Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •