Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 644

Thread: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Puigb View Post
    Of course, the Republican party of Lincoln has nothing to do with the Republican party today. But I suspect you already know this, eh Mr. "independent"?
    What's the difference? Neither party seems to have changed much at all.

  2. #182
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Who cares if he's the worst president in history. For this time in history when we need a strong effective leader, he's horrible. Absolutely.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #183
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Not so much, not by those that have been the victim of racism, they just saw the election of Obama as another step in the right direction. It was the perpetrators of racism, primarily on the right, that said, ok, you've got your black president, the yoke of racism is gone, now shut the **** up! Oh, of course Bill O'riley and Rush Limbaugh didn't use those words, but that's what was heard.
    Well then, maybe you and they should stop looking at things through the victim mentality and start living by Dr. King's words rather than using color to excuse abhorrent policy and behavior.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #184
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Not so much, not by those that have been the victim of racism, they just saw the election of Obama as another step in the right direction. It was the perpetrators of racism, primarily on the right, that said, ok, you've got your black president, the yoke of racism is gone, now shut the **** up! Oh, of course Bill O'riley and Rush Limbaugh didn't use those words, but that's what was heard.
    It's not exactly like Obama was blameless in perpetuating the Racism thing (I refuse to call it a crisis at this point) in this country. There was that preacher of his for one that was spewing the hatred for white america, then you had the guy at his first inauguration that was bringing up black people, then there was him butting his nose in and assuming racism with the Harvard Professor deal (when he didn't have any knowledge of it). The only reason racism still exists today is because of the race baiters that continue to bring drag that dead horse out and the blame for all their woes, or to dismiss the ideas of those who oppose the first Black President. But time is the enemy of these race hacks like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. What I mean is that as time moves on, you have more people who WERE actual racists die off from old age, and people who have lived around blacks their whole lives mature into adult hood.

    Chief Justice Roberts said it himself: ""The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race."

    Perhaps I'm being a little bit harsh in my commentary regarding folks like Al Sharpton and his ilk. Part of me wants to sympathize with them, as they actually saw the effects of racism back in the 60's and before. I can understand their desire to ensure that such a society never returns. However, I stop just short of completely sympathizing with them, because of the fact they did live in those times, and should be the first to realize just how far as a society we have come.

  5. #185
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    It's not exactly like Obama was blameless in perpetuating the Racism thing (I refuse to call it a crisis at this point) in this country. There was that preacher of his for one that was spewing the hatred for white america, then you had the guy at his first inauguration that was bringing up black people, then there was him butting his nose in and assuming racism with the Harvard Professor deal (when he didn't have any knowledge of it). The only reason racism still exists today is because of the race baiters that continue to bring drag that dead horse out and the blame for all their woes, or to dismiss the ideas of those who oppose the first Black President. But time is the enemy of these race hacks like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. What I mean is that as time moves on, you have more people who WERE actual racists die off from old age, and people who have lived around blacks their whole lives mature into adult hood.

    Chief Justice Roberts said it himself: ""The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race."

    Perhaps I'm being a little bit harsh in my commentary regarding folks like Al Sharpton and his ilk. Part of me wants to sympathize with them, as they actually saw the effects of racism back in the 60's and before. I can understand their desire to ensure that such a society never returns. However, I stop just short of completely sympathizing with them, because of the fact they did live in those times, and should be the first to realize just how far as a society we have come.
    It really is too bad that people like Jackson, and Sharpton turned their experience into an extortion racket rather than using it to actually help their community...As for the age old excuse of using race to deflect criticism, it is just plain lazy.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #186
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,852
    Blog Entries
    11

    re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Actually, the "tingly" remark was something Matthews said about bush* after his "Mission Accomplished" speech

    Ironic, huh?
    Unless Mathews has made multiple 'tingly' remarks, I believe that it was in his commentary on an Obama speech. I can't see Mathews getting tingly over Bush in any way, shape or form.
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  7. #187
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Unless Mathews has made multiple 'tingly' remarks, I believe that it was in his commentary on an Obama speech. I can't see Mathews getting tingly over Bush in any way, shape or form.
    Well, what do you know?!! Matthews seems prone to tingles in his leg!!

    Chris Matthews's Multiple Obamagasms: The Top 10 Most 'Tingling' Quotes | NewsBusters

    (see quote #5)
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #188
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,274

    re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    God help us.
    She's worse than he is.
    Let's not be too hasty.

  9. #189
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,320

    re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    So Obama is the worst president ever because of a poll?

    If not, then what metrics are you guys using to make this worst or 2nd worst claim?
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  10. #190
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,274

    re: America's Fed Up: Obama Approval Rating Hits All-Time Low, Poll Shows [W:256]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Well, what do you know?!! Matthews seems prone to tingles in his leg!!

    Chris Matthews's Multiple Obamagasms: The Top 10 Most 'Tingling' Quotes | NewsBusters

    (see quote #5)
    What's your point?

Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •