Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: Mount Sinai patient tested for Ebola virus

  1. #11
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Mount Sinai patient tested for Ebola virus

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    So the reemergence of tuberculosis, whopping cough, and polio in the US isn't related to immigration? What are those related to?
    They're not related to Ebola

    Conflating those with Ebola is why we laugh at conservatives

    Actually, that's not true. Cons give us plenty of reasons to laugh at them
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #12
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,880

    Re: Mount Sinai patient tested for Ebola virus

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    So the reemergence of tuberculosis, whopping cough, and polio in the US isn't related to immigration? What are those related to?

    The open door policy of the United States is bound to lead to some kind of disaster. It happened in the Boston Marathon Bombing case, and a point could be made for the same with 9/11.
    Fear rules you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #13
    Sage
    truthatallcost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    12,320

    Re: Mount Sinai patient tested for Ebola virus

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Fear rules you.
    And a lack of logic rules proud liberals. As well as guilt.

  4. #14
    Sage
    truthatallcost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    12,320

    Re: Mount Sinai patient tested for Ebola virus

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    They're not related to Ebola

    Conflating those with Ebola is why we laugh at conservatives

    Actually, that's not true. Cons give us plenty of reasons to laugh at them
    Two things define a liberal; a complete lack of foresight and an inability to learn from past mistakes.

  5. #15
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,880

    Re: Mount Sinai patient tested for Ebola virus

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    And a lack of logic rules proud liberals. As well as guilt.
    quite the generalization you are throwing about just to get a personal dig in.

    btw... I've no guilt nor massive fear so I guess there goes your lame argument. Meanwhile you still have to stew in pants crapping fear of:

    every person, especially brown person, crossing the border,
    every Mormon going on a mission to another country,
    every Catholic going on a mission to another country,
    every Protestant going on a mission to another country,
    every American going on a vacation outside our borders and coming back,
    every plane that lands at one of our airports from another land,
    and so on,
    and so on,
    and so on,
    etc.. etc... etc...


    Doesn't sound so logical to me. But I guess that's because, by your words, proud liberals are illogical? lol

    An immigrant with ebola, tuberculosis and whooping cough whose planning to bomb the boston marathon is right there under your bed. Good night, happy dreams and sleep tight!
    Last edited by poweRob; 08-05-14 at 12:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  6. #16
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,880

    Re: Mount Sinai patient tested for Ebola virus

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    Two things define a liberal; a complete lack of foresight and an inability to learn from past mistakes.
    oh I see... you are one of those.

    libruls bad. make truthatallcost angry. libruls and fire bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #17
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Mount Sinai patient tested for Ebola virus

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    Two things define a liberal; a complete lack of foresight and an inability to learn from past mistakes.
    One thing defines a hack - blame everything on the other side.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #18
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,744

    Re: Mount Sinai patient tested for Ebola virus

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    So the reemergence of tuberculosis, whopping cough, and polio in the US isn't related to immigration? What are those related to?

    The open door policy of the United States is bound to lead to some kind of disaster. It happened in the Boston Marathon Bombing case, and a point could be made for the same with 9/11.
    The idea that the US has an "open door policy" is absolutely ludicrous.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,979

    Re: Mount Sinai patient tested for Ebola virus

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    So the reemergence of tuberculosis
    TB cases have been falling since the early 90s. The "re-emergence" was about 30 years ago, and had nothing to do with illegal immigration.




    whopping cough
    Whooping cough cases are reappearing, because misinformed people are terrified of vaccinations.

    Vaccine refusal fuels whooping cough outbreaks, study finds - NBC News


    and polio in the US isn't related to immigration?
    The US has been polio-free for about 30 years. Polio has been eradicated pretty much everywhere except Pakistan, Afghanistan and Nigeria.

    There was a small outbreak of a polio-like virus recently (enterovirus 68). The outbreak had nothing to do with immigration, legal or otherwise.


    The open door policy of the United States is bound to lead to some kind of disaster. It happened in the Boston Marathon Bombing case, and a point could be made for the same with 9/11.
    There is no "open door" policy.

    The Tsarnevs were in the US legally. Legal residency requires a great deal of effort and stringent requirements, including a medical exam and yes, immunizations.

    And no, it doesn't make sense to say that every immigrant is guilty by association, because two immigrant kids made a terrible decision to engage in terrorism.

    We do need to be very careful when it comes to Ebola. However, all this nativist misinformation is not helping anyone.

  10. #20
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,880

    Re: Mount Sinai patient tested for Ebola virus

    Quote Originally Posted by Visbek View Post
    TB cases have been falling since the early 90s. The "re-emergence" was about 30 years ago, and had nothing to do with illegal immigration.





    Whooping cough cases are reappearing, because misinformed people are terrified of vaccinations.

    Vaccine refusal fuels whooping cough outbreaks, study finds - NBC News



    The US has been polio-free for about 30 years. Polio has been eradicated pretty much everywhere except Pakistan, Afghanistan and Nigeria.

    There was a small outbreak of a polio-like virus recently (enterovirus 68). The outbreak had nothing to do with immigration, legal or otherwise.



    There is no "open door" policy.

    The Tsarnevs were in the US legally. Legal residency requires a great deal of effort and stringent requirements, including a medical exam and yes, immunizations.

    And no, it doesn't make sense to say that every immigrant is guilty by association, because two immigrant kids made a terrible decision to engage in terrorism.

    We do need to be very careful when it comes to Ebola. However, all this nativist misinformation is not helping anyone.
    robin.jpg

    Holy pwnage Batman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •