Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 162

Thread: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

  1. #51
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Ahh, the free market is coming to the rescue!!

    Just as I predicted
    Considering those people paid taxes to fund the National Guard, National Guard better show up. They paid their fee for them. Now it's time for them to do their service.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  2. #52
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    Considering those people paid taxes to fund the National Guard, National Guard better show up. They paid their fee for them. Now it's time for them to do their service.
    They also paid their "fee" for clean water

    How's that working out for them?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #53
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbler View Post
    That's funny, I know exactly where that guy is standing shooting that video. I used to live less than a mile from there. Glad I don't any more.

    One of my gaming buddies lives in Toledo though, and he filled up some water jugs when he came up today since he was having trouble finding water to buy.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Holy Toledo!

  5. #55
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,060
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    People are being charged $30 for a case of water and $2 for a cup. The freemarket has the problem solved. Nothing to see here.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  6. #56
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    They also paid their "fee" for clean water

    How's that working out for them?
    What's going on is just the right conditions for this to happen. Spring and Summer has been rainy and cool in Ohio this year. It happens. Hell that area use to be one big ass swamp.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  7. #57
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    What's going on is just the right conditions for this to happen...It happens.
    Yes. Industrial agriculture on a scale that requires massive inputs of chemical fertilizers makes "it happens" practically an inevitability.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    People are being charged $30 for a case of water and $2 for a cup. The freemarket has the problem solved. Nothing to see here.
    You are full of it. Stores are charging normal prices and if any store is price gouging contact Ohio Attorney General's office. Individuals on the other hand you can't control and if you are stupid enough to buy from then that's your own fault.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  9. #59
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Yes. Industrial agriculture on a scale that requires massive inputs of chemical fertilizers makes "it happens" practically an inevitability.
    Yes and no.. that's part of the problem. The other problem is the unseasonable cool weather that area has had and the amount of rain fall this spring and summer. Combine those things and you get this result.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  10. #60
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    Yes and no.. that's part of the problem. The other problem is the unseasonable cool weather that area has had and the amount of rain fall this spring and summer. Combine those things and you get this result.
    True, but as difficult as it is, it's easier to control agriculture than it is to control the climate.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •