Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 162

Thread: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

  1. #41
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,301

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Holy Toledo! This is not good! (Someone had to say it)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    If you live somewhere where your primary water source is becoming increasingly toxic, it might be a good idea to have a bakup plan. Like maybe some stored water. It never ceases to amaze me how ill equipt most are for any type of contingency.
    I've got dozens of 5 gallon jugs filled with water that I keep for emergency situations, I'm sort of a "prepper" so to speak. However, I didn't know anything was wrong with the tap water here in Toledo until I was already drinking the supposedly toxic water for a day. I drank a lot of iced tea that I made with tap water yesterday and took a shower in it too.

    I don't feel sick or anything. No nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, rashes or other symptoms they have been warning the public to watch out for.

  3. #43
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxaeon View Post
    `
    "TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — Long lines formed at water distribution centers and store shelves were quickly emptied of bottled water after Ohio's fourth-largest city told residents not to drink from its water supply that was fouled by toxins possibly from algae on Lake Erie.

    The warning effectively cut off the water supply to 400,000 people in Toledo, most of its suburbs and a few areas in southeastern Michigan.

    Worried residents told not to drink, brush their teeth or wash dishes with the water emptied store shelves and waited hours for deliveries of bottled water from across Ohio as the governor declared a state of emergency".
    - Source - Screen Shot
    `
    `
    `

    This is causing other Great Lake states to start retesting their water.
    `
    this is why im an advocate of people prepping,all to often i hear if an emergency happens ill go to the grocery store,and all too often the grocery stores are out of whats essential,and they are left crying for fema.

    a decent supply of food and water should be stored as well as blankets candles etc.some high class preppers would have a generator or a car power inverter to power essential electronic appliances like their refrigerator.but in all cases,it proves my point that being prepared is essential,as disaster has no set face and never anounces his time of arrival.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    I've got dozens of 5 gallon jugs filled with water that I keep for emergency situations, I'm sort of a "prepper" so to speak. However, I didn't know anything was wrong with the tap water here in Toledo until I was already drinking the supposedly toxic water for a day. I drank a lot of iced tea that I made with tap water yesterday and took a shower in it too.

    I don't feel sick or anything. No nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, rashes or other symptoms they have been warning the public to watch out for.
    Was it green tea? Because wouldn't it be something if a tea that has cleansing properties for you made the water safe?

    According to the CDC storing water in opaque containers with a small amount of bleach will keep it safe. I use 30 gallon BPA free drums, the correct amount of bleach is 1/4 cup. I prefer that size because they are easy enough to move with a hand cart. 55 gallon drums, not so much. I have a 275 gallon container at my shop that I use for waste oil, this fall I will be getting another one for rain water collection for the teired garden.

  5. #45
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Was it green tea? Because wouldn't it be something if a tea that has cleansing properties for you made the water safe?

    According to the CDC storing water in opaque containers with a small amount of bleach will keep it safe. I use 30 gallon BPA free drums, the correct amount of bleach is 1/4 cup. I prefer that size because they are easy enough to move with a hand cart. 55 gallon drums, not so much. I have a 275 gallon container at my shop that I use for waste oil, this fall I will be getting another one for rain water collection for the teired garden.
    if you collect rain water for your garden,put gold fish in the containers,i have to this day yet to figure out why it works so well,but every succesfull gardener and farmer ive ever seen collect rainwater does it.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    this is why im an advocate of people prepping,all to often i hear if an emergency happens ill go to the grocery store,and all too often the grocery stores are out of whats essential,and they are left crying for fema.

    a decent supply of food and water should be stored as well as blankets candles etc.some high class preppers would have a generator or a car power inverter to power essential electronic appliances like their refrigerator.but in all cases,it proves my point that being prepared is essential,as disaster has no set face and never anounces his time of arrival.
    Absolutely. And a disaster does not have to be widespread. It can be as simple as losing a job. Being prepared means not having to grab the first paycheck available even if the job sucks. The beginnng of this year my wife had what was supposed to be a routine surgery and miss 2 weeks of work. It turned in to 2 surgeries, 3 hospital stays and 11 weeks out of work. People think preppers are paranoid, it all comes down to perspective.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    if you collect rain water for your garden,put gold fish in the containers,i have to this day yet to figure out why it works so well,but every succesfull gardener and farmer ive ever seen collect rainwater does it.
    Really? I'll have to look in to that.

  8. #48
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Really? I'll have to look in to that.
    just googled it actually,the goldfish when in unsealed containers eat mesquito larvae,and their waste contains nitrogen,which plants crave.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  9. #49
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No drinking water?

    Just another one of the many benefits the "free market" provides. I'm sure that private businesses will provide a solution.
    Ohio National Guard and Red Cross are working to use quarry water. Buying bottled water is temporary.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  10. #50
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    Ohio National Guard and Red Cross are working to use quarry water. Buying bottled water is temporary.
    Ahh, the free market is coming to the rescue!!

    Just as I predicted
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •