Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 162

Thread: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    They didn't "produce" the water. They put it in a bottle. Unless they've come up with a way to combine 2 hydrogens and 1 oxygen in a lab at such a price that it's profitable. ("You didn't make that" - which in this case is true)

    Regardless, getting a drink of water should be a basic human right. Not a privilege you pay for.
    HAhahahahahahaha.

    Oh wait, you are serious aren't you? You should understand that the planet does not care one way or the other if you die from lack of water or by contaminated water. Out in nature, away from the comfort of a government to wipe your ass, clean water is your own responsibility. Failure can result in rapid weight loss or even death. There is nothing that says these people, who live in an area where this has happened before can not provide themselves a store of safe water.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxaeon View Post
    `
    "TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) Long lines formed at water distribution centers and store shelves were quickly emptied of bottled water after Ohio's fourth-largest city told residents not to drink from its water supply that was fouled by toxins possibly from algae on Lake Erie.

    The warning effectively cut off the water supply to 400,000 people in Toledo, most of its suburbs and a few areas in southeastern Michigan.

    Worried residents told not to drink, brush their teeth or wash dishes with the water emptied store shelves and waited hours for deliveries of bottled water from across Ohio as the governor declared a state of emergency".
    - Source - Screen Shot
    [COLOR=#ffffff]`
    `
    `[/COLOR
    This is causing other Great Lake states to start retesting their water.
    `
    Are people seriously this helpless?

    There is plenty of fresh water, just distill it or boil it........ Are people devolving or are they just lazy?

    I think basic survival courses should be taught in schools.

  3. #103
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,161

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Canada has most of the fresh water in the world but, like the Keystone Pipeline, nothing has been done to take advantage of this blessing.

    Water: Canada's most valuable resource - The Globe and Mail
    So you couldn't think of any other way to blame this on Obama, so we drop in the Pipeline?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Are people seriously this helpless?

    There is plenty of fresh water, just distill it or boil it........ Are people devolving or are they just lazy?

    I think basic survival courses should be taught in schools.
    boiling the contaminated water will not remove the toxin created by algae, it only makes it worse.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  5. #105
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,161

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    HAhahahahahahaha.

    Oh wait, you are serious aren't you? You should understand that the planet does not care one way or the other if you die from lack of water or by contaminated water. Out in nature, away from the comfort of a government to wipe your ass, clean water is your own responsibility. Failure can result in rapid weight loss or even death. There is nothing that says these people, who live in an area where this has happened before can not provide themselves a store of safe water.
    "People who live in an area where this has happened before." Keep that in mind next time there's a wildfire in Texas and the Feds don't swoop in to save them....or do you only mean people in blue areas? (Vote Republican - make other people be self-reliant!)

    Out in nature is not really the way people live anymore. If they did, the water in Lake Erie would probably be clean enough to drink. Of course, according to Crue Cab, it wouldn't be a problem getting the GOP to vote for infrastructure funding...


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #106
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    "People who live in an area where this has happened before." Keep that in mind next time there's a wildfire in Texas and the Feds don't swoop in to save them....or do you only mean people in blue areas? (Vote Republican - make other people be self-reliant!)

    Out in nature is not really the way people live anymore. If they did, the water in Lake Erie would probably be clean enough to drink. Of course, according to Crue Cab, it wouldn't be a problem getting the GOP to vote for infrastructure funding...
    And maybe not. There would still be algae blooms and a whole host of other toxin releasing natural events.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    boiling the contaminated water will not remove the toxin created by algae, it only makes it worse.
    Of course it will - well at least in Ohio... You are right, there is some nasty algae, however you're no going to find any of that in the Midwest. Besides where you find that algae is in sulferic hotsprings.....

    In the Midwest you can go to any lake, take some water, boil it and drink it and you will be fine. Obviously it won't taste the best, but it will be certainly safe to drink.

    I'm an outdoors guy and I have had to drink my fair share of "nasty" water.

    If you really had to you could distill your own pee..... What do you think the astronauts do?

  8. #108
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,107
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Sewer systems in general, infrastructure. I bet 4 billion would go along way. Oh, wait. We need to spend 4 billion on the illegals.
    Let's not rule out wars of choice. We also can't ignore the lost income from all those tax breaks given to companies to ship jobs overseas.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  9. #109
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,161

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    And maybe not. There would still be algae blooms and a whole host of other toxin releasing natural events.
    Well, I guess the jury's out on why there's an algae bloom.

    Regardless, do you really want to be the party of "We don't care if the water's clean?" All politics aside, getting safe water from the tap should not be an outrageous "nanny state" thing. Basic consumer-driven idea - you pay the city for the water, you should get clean water.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Ohio's 4th largest city has no drinking water

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Regardless, getting a drink of water should be a basic human right.
    Exactly! So should flowers, sunshine, green grass and rainbows.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •