Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 241

Thread: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

  1. #61
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,440
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    such a law is unconstitutional

    end of discussion

    I'd rather we make people pass a college level course on political science before they could vote-that would remedy far more problems than gun safety classes given accidental shootings are going WAY DOWN despite more and more guns in circulation
    No, that won't be the end of the discussion. The constitution is more flexible than the ten commandments.
    What the gun advocacy group (you) need to be doing is be seen trying to prevent these things happening rather than backpedaling to the constitution' and educating gun owners, in very simple terms, about gun safety.
    I suspect that what you consider iron-clad is a bit more fragile than that.
    "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid people. I meant that stupid people are generally Conservatives."
    -John Stuart Mill-

  2. #62
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    No, that won't be the end of the discussion. The constitution is more flexible than the ten commandments.
    What the gun advocacy group (you) need to be doing is be seen trying to prevent these things happening rather than backpedaling to the constitution' and educating gun owners, in very simple terms, about gun safety.
    I suspect that what you consider iron-clad is a bit more fragile than that.

    I have no duty to stop others from being stupid in order to preserve my rights.

    the fact is-there are lots of people who will use any excuse to try to ban guns. My duty is not to misuse my weapons



  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    my father's best friend lost his grand son in the same way. The mother of the child was a coked out loser who got wasted and let the two year old wander off to a nearby neighbor's property which had a pool. The child fell in and died. The coker tried to sue the pool owner. the divorced father of the child (my friend) killed himself-it was the last straw in a troubled life.
    And to think there are people who want cocain legalized.

  4. #64
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,856
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    I'd really like to add that this story is one that supports the need to allow concealed carry. When I had concealed carry, my weapon was always on my person until bedtime, and essentially right back on my person in the morning. The weapon would never have been available to child during normal child hours, it would be on me, secure.
    Open carry would bring about the same result in this case as concealed carry. Why limit to just concealed carry?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    No, that won't be the end of the discussion. The constitution is more flexible than the ten commandments.
    What the gun advocacy group (you) need to be doing is be seen trying to prevent these things happening rather than backpedaling to the constitution' and educating gun owners, in very simple terms, about gun safety.
    I suspect that what you consider iron-clad is a bit more fragile than that.
    Educate gun owners, absolutely.....and kids, too, via manditory saftey classes in school.

    http://eddieeagle.nra.org/awards-resolutions.aspx

  6. #66
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    And to think there are people who want cocain legalized.
    I do. we spend way too much money incarcerating people who want to get high in their own homes. We see way too many people being robbed and killed to pay for artificially high cocaine because of the insane war on drugs. and we give the cartels power by keeping the stuff illegal

    I say legalize it

    tax it

    and if someone gets high and wastes others-he gets 30 years in the hole. but prohibition proved how stupid prohibition is



  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Open carry would bring about the same result in this case as concealed carry. Why limit to just concealed carry?
    Because open carry is illegal in some states.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I do. we spend way too much money incarcerating people who want to get high in their own homes. We see way too many people being robbed and killed to pay for artificially high cocaine because of the insane war on drugs. and we give the cartels power by keeping the stuff illegal

    I say legalize it

    tax it

    and if someone gets high and wastes others-he gets 30 years in the hole. but prohibition proved how stupid prohibition is
    How does that not end with more coked-up sitters letting kids wander off?

  9. #69
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,346

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    A five-year-old kid mishandled a gun? Are you seriously suggesting a five-year-old might know how to properly handle a gun?
    Whoever had the responsibility for the gun needs to be charged with manslaughter because a five-year-old can't be responsible for anything.
    I'm telling ya, jackasses like that are what's going to make all yis have to pass basic gun safety tests before you're allowed to aquire handguns and it'll be impossible to argue against the public safety aspect.
    Idiots lead to inconveniences for everyone.
    Not when it comes to guns. Haven't you heard? Guns are idiot proof because they kill no one. That 5 year old did not know how to handle a gun because of societies prejudice against guns. It is never the gun owners fault because he had that gun to protect his family. That's how you sell the most guns. Make sure there are NO consequences for gun ownership...EVER. It is also how you get the highest gun murder rate in the western world of course. And this case would not even be part of those statistics because it will be declared "accidental".
    Last edited by iguanaman; 08-02-14 at 01:17 AM.

  10. #70
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It doesn't have too, because, obviously, the kid mishandled the gun.
    ha ha ha I thought you were serious for a minute there.

    Kinda like I didnt drink alcohol and sneak beers and stuff from the house when I was a kid because "I was taught not to."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •