Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 241

Thread: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

  1. #51
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:59 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,476

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    It is a kick in the gut tragedy. I would think the owner of that gun is already punishing himself far greater than a jail sentence.

    It is like the guy who backs his pickup over his 3 yr old son in the driveway. Do you really need to give this guy an unsafe driving ticket. Am just surprised they don't commit suicide after killing a kid.

    What would be revealing is the house the gun was kept in. Is a trash heap with other weapons laying around or did someone have a brain fart and leave their pistol on the night stand.

  2. #52
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    If that gun had been securely stored, how could that accident happen?

    Explain that to us.

    That child is dead because a gun owned failed to securely store his gun.
    He also didn't teach his kid that he shouldn't play with the gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,896

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    He also didn't teach his kid that he shouldn't play with the gun.
    Did the article say that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Did the article say that?
    Yes. The kid played with a gun, according to the article. Therefore the child wasn't taught not to play with guns.

    This thread is a perfect example of why gun safty needs to be a mandatory part of school.

  5. #55
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Did the article say that?
    It doesn't have too, because, obviously, the kid mishandled the gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #56
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    This story got me thinking..

    Should people be charged when a Child finds its way into a neighbors swimming pool ?

    Because drowning accidents kills more kids than gun accidents

    I go back and forth on the issue. I had a neighbor sho lost their 3 year old in another neighbors pool about 15 years ago.
    my father's best friend lost his grand son in the same way. The mother of the child was a coked out loser who got wasted and let the two year old wander off to a nearby neighbor's property which had a pool. The child fell in and died. The coker tried to sue the pool owner. the divorced father of the child (my friend) killed himself-it was the last straw in a troubled life.

    no one intends such a tragedy. and since INTENT has no relevance-punishing people won't deter such behavior. If the thought of a child dying doesn't deter you, the thought of being fined or perhaps jailed isn't going to deter you either.



  7. #57
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,491
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It doesn't have too, because, obviously, the kid mishandled the gun.
    A five-year-old kid mishandled a gun? Are you seriously suggesting a five-year-old might know how to properly handle a gun?
    Whoever had the responsibility for the gun needs to be charged with manslaughter because a five-year-old can't be responsible for anything.
    I'm telling ya, jackasses like that are what's going to make all yis have to pass basic gun safety tests before you're allowed to aquire handguns and it'll be impossible to argue against the public safety aspect.
    Idiots lead to inconveniences for everyone.
    "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid people. I meant that stupid people are generally Conservatives."
    -John Stuart Mill-

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,373

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I agree the parents should have their firearms secured. However, asking how it could happen with a secured firearm is like asking how that child just managed to do what no adult seems to be able to, open that child-proof pill bottle, or drive the parent's car through the garage. Even at five I was getting into things my parents had well secured. My brother and sister never did, but I had a creative knack.
    All the more reason not to have a gun in a house with young children. Of course you don't see that.

  9. #59
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    A five-year-old kid mishandled a gun? Are you seriously suggesting a five-year-old might know how to properly handle a gun?
    Whoever had the responsibility for the gun needs to be charged with manslaughter because a five-year-old can't be responsible for anything.
    I'm telling ya, jackasses like that are what's going to make all yis have to pass basic gun safety tests before you're allowed to aquire handguns and it'll be impossible to argue against the public safety aspect.
    Idiots lead to inconveniences for everyone.
    such a law is unconstitutional

    end of discussion

    I'd rather we make people pass a college level course on political science before they could vote-that would remedy far more problems than gun safety classes given accidental shootings are going WAY DOWN despite more and more guns in circulation



  10. #60
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    All the more reason not to have a gun in a house with young children. Of course you don't see that.
    that's a stupid suggestion. all the reason to keep the gun secured. but to those who are terrified about guns, they will claim this is a reason to ban them



Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •