Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 241

Thread: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    A society which has almost as many cars as people is going to have an amount of collateral damage. Some innocent people will pay for that reality.

    So, what is your point exactly?
    He apparently doesn't care for the first quote in your sig. I personally love it though. Freedom has risks, and we either accept those risks and be free, or we decide to abandon freedom and allow other people to control us. The choice is ours.

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Which is why the point she/he made is full of holes. Getting rid of vehicles and getting rid of guns would not have equal consequences. I would guess that ardent extremists on the gun side would somehow try to make the argument it is, but I don't think any rationally thinking person would seriously make that argument. Considering guns have been around longer the vehicles and it was not until the invension of the automobile that economies of countries whos populous owned them exploaded. While the ownership of firearms has not had anything like that effect.
    Who the **** even cares? You don't eliminate freedom because something might happen. Some of you people are like the worst kind of sheep. You follow even before the leader tells you to do so. It's even annoying to leaders when people do that.

  3. #163
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Who the **** even cares? You don't eliminate freedom because something might happen. Some of you people are like the worst kind of sheep. You follow even before the leader tells you to do so. It's even annoying to leaders when people do that.
    Our entire law system is based on that concept. Why do we maintain criminal records, so that we know who the dangerous people are. That is infact a way of punishing people for what they have the propensity of doing based on evidence. Why do we have a sex offender registry, because we have identified these people have a history of being sexual predators and based on that history, we deem them a danger to society. Why do people get so upset when people who murder are let out early and murder again. They should have known that person was a dangerous person based on their history of violence. I mean come on. Do you really not have a better argument then that?
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Our entire law system is based on that concept. Why do we maintain criminal records, so that we know who the dangerous people are. That is infact a way of punishing people for what they have the propensity of doing based on evidence. Why do we have a sex offender registry, because we have identified these people have a history of being sexual predators and based on that history, we deem them a danger to society. Why do people get so upset when people who murder are let out early and murder again. They should have known that person was a dangerous person based on their history of violence. I mean come on. Do you really not have a better argument then that?
    Interestingly, I disagree with every example you used.

  5. #165
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,893

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Our entire law system is based on that concept.
    Our entire system is based on giving up the freedoms people died for, for safety?
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  6. #166
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Interestingly, I disagree with every example you used.
    I guess thats the difference between evidence and ignorance. I mean, when I watch someone else place their hand on a fire and it is burned, I trust the same will happen to me if I try it because there is historical evidence, despite scientific evidence, that it is likely to occur again. I would not like to live in a society that does not hold people accountable for their actions.

    Is that not a reason to own a firearm as well. The reasoning of what someone might do. If it is not, then what is the point if you do not believe that?
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    I guess thats the difference between evidence and ignorance. I mean, when I watch someone else place their hand on a fire and it is burned, I trust the same will happen to me if I try it because there is historical evidence, despite scientific evidence, that it is likely to occur again. I would not like to live in a society that does not hold people accountable for their actions.

    Is that not a reason to own a firearm as well. The reasoning of what someone might do. If it is not, then what is the point if you do not believe that?
    None of your examples dealt with holding people accountable for their actions, but instead negatively impacting peoples lives well after they have done their time. What do you think happens when everyone has access to someones criminal record? It must be fun to a liberal that is always complaining about unemployment when what you support causes it.

  8. #168
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    None of your examples dealt with holding people accountable for their actions, but instead negatively impacting peoples lives well after they have done their time.
    You think holding people accountale for their actions does not negatively impact their lives. I tell you what.. Go down to your local prison and ask the inmates if you think being in jail has negatively impacted their lives. Then ask the question, should it? OF COURSE IT SHOULD! That is the whole purpose of being put in prison. That is the purpose of compiling a criminal record on someone. That is how our system of law works.

    What do you think happens when everyone has access to someones criminal record? It must be fun to a liberal that is always complaining about unemployment when what you support causes it.
    Do you blame companies that don't want to hire people who have criminal backrounds? Would you hire a babysitter who was previously convicted as a pedofile, to come in to your home and watch your children? I would hope not. I will leave you to do that on principle to your family, and not mine.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Unfortunately there are no laws in Idaho for child safety purposes.

    States with Firearm Laws Designed to Protect Children | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

    Not that they would prevent such accidents. sad!
    Indeed, this didn't happen because of the lack of a law-it was a horrible accident.

  10. #170
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,184

    Re: 5-year old Idaho girl dies afterIdaho playmate gets gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Which is why the point she/he made is full of holes. Getting rid of vehicles and getting rid of guns would not have equal consequences. I would guess that ardent extremists on the gun side would somehow try to make the argument it is, but I don't think any rationally thinking person would seriously make that argument. Considering guns have been around longer the vehicles and it was not until the invension of the automobile that economies of countries whos populous owned them exploaded. While the ownership of firearms has not had anything like that effect.


    Firearms have had a far more profound effect than vehicles.

    Before firearms became common, egalitarian democracy hardly existed. Not long after, it started becoming very commonplace indeed.

    Why? Because it changed the force equation and made it possible for the common peasant to kill the armored knight (with a lifetime of training in arms behind him) with only a few days of training.

    Similarly, the 2A is not merely about guns; it is about The People sharing in the sovereign power of Force that oppressive governments reserve to themselves.


    Let's ask George, Tom and Rick what they think...

    "Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
    George Washington
    First President of the United States


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand arms, like laws, discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as property. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside … Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."
    Thomas Paine


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    Richard Henry Lee
    American Statesman, 1788

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •