Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 86

Thread: Is Fracking Causing the Oklahoma Earthquakes?

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    08-23-14 @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    250

    Re: Is Fracking Causing the Oklahoma Earthquakes?

    Did I ask for a link? I thought that you knew the answers.

  2. #32
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: Is Fracking Causing the Oklahoma Earthquakes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven1 View Post
    Did I ask for a link? I thought that you knew the answers.
    I back up what I say with evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    08-23-14 @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    250

    Re: Is Fracking Causing the Oklahoma Earthquakes?

    I mean, come on. Do you expect Exxon-Mobil to tell us the truth about fracking? I didn't even bother to click on your link. It's like asking Coca-Cola if Monsanto is doing a good job with all of their GMO forced seeds of corn upon American farmers. Monsanto will tell you how good their seeds are, and Coca-Cola will tell about all the people they've made happy in other countries.

    Did you seriously try to link me to Exxon-Mobil to explain the virtues of fracking?

  4. #34
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,217

    Re: Is Fracking Causing the Oklahoma Earthquakes?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But don't whip sokeones ass out of ignorance.
    'Happens all the time.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    08-23-14 @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    250

    Re: Is Fracking Causing the Oklahoma Earthquakes?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I back up what I say with evidence.
    Well... tick tock... the clock don't stop. I'm waiting. Where is this evidence you speak of?

    Millions of gallons of water.

  6. #36
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: Is Fracking Causing the Oklahoma Earthquakes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven1 View Post
    I mean, come on. Do you expect Exxon-Mobil to tell us the truth about fracking? I didn't even bother to click on your link. It's like asking Coca-Cola if Monsanto is doing a good job with all of their GMO forced seeds of corn upon American farmers. Monsanto will tell you how good their seeds are, and Coca-Cola will tell about all the people they've made happy in other countries.

    Did you seriously try to link me to Exxon-Mobil to explain the virtues of fracking?
    Well...its nearly impossible to talk to someone who is convinced that fracking causes earthquakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    08-23-14 @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    250

    Re: Is Fracking Causing the Oklahoma Earthquakes?

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    'Happens all the time.
    All of the time? See, you can't even get your own myths in order, much less you try to direct it my way. That was what you were insinuating, yes?

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    08-23-14 @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    250

    Re: Is Fracking Causing the Oklahoma Earthquakes?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well...its nearly impossible to talk to someone who is convinced that fracking causes earthquakes.
    And yet there are record numbers of earthquakes in Oklahoma. Oklahoma! Of all places! Oklahoma, where fracking is rampant.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    08-23-14 @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    250

    Re: Is Fracking Causing the Oklahoma Earthquakes?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Obviously neither you, nor your friends understand how fracking works.
    Me thinks that you have been bested, since you provided nothing but a link to Exxon-Mobil. I clearly gave you chance after chance, and all you could say is... nothing.

    EDIT: Millions of gallons of water.
    Last edited by Raven1; 08-02-14 at 10:32 AM.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Is Fracking Causing the Oklahoma Earthquakes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven1 View Post
    Well... tick tock... the clock don't stop. I'm waiting. Where is this evidence you speak of?

    Millions of gallons of water.
    I have heard of a trick where an artificial lake of water gets poured to be frozen like a hockey rink, build the rig, and when the summer melts the ice effectively all of the evidence (other than the rig itself) is gone.

    Could that count?

    When I talked to the geologist, I put his feet to the fire on the fracking because I hear about all this destroyed farmland and aquifers, etc...

    He told me that it boils down to aquifers that might have been tainted before, and many of the cases an environmental analysis is performed in spite of landowners (if they knew the person would cause problems). Don't just trust that the water comes from the ground that it is pure.

    I wish I knew more myself ... I'm just repeating.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •