Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 228

Thread: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

  1. #191
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,854

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, it is what you wrote (whether you realized or not) and you too admit it to be "the plan"....not just a slogan.
    No, that's not what I wrote.

    I was speaking of actions of liberals/progressive/Democrats...at the federal level, since that's what this thread is about...and their use of the federal tax code...since that is what this thread is about. The governments being coerced, manipulated and, sometimes, punished that I referred to would be those at lower levels...State, local, etc. I really made no mention of liberals/progressives/Democrats...or anyone else...using the tax code to punish the federal government.

    That was your attempt at derailment.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  2. #192
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    No, that's not what I wrote.

    I was speaking of actions of liberals/progressive/Democrats...at the federal level, since that's what this thread is about...and their use of the federal tax code...since that is what this thread is about. The governments being coerced, manipulated and, sometimes, punished that I referred to would be those at lower levels...State, local, etc. I really made no mention of liberals/progressives/Democrats...or anyone else...using the tax code to punish the federal government.

    That was your attempt at derailment.
    Cough...BS....cough...



    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I am speaking to the topic of this thread. The federal government.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #193
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I once again regret the fact that showing you 2 well researched estimates, both based on CBO data, is a pointless exercise since they are impossible for your argument to accept, evaluate or comprehend.

    Economic Downturn and Legacy of Bush Policies Continue to Drive Large Deficits — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
    Love how Bush has been out of office for 6 years, had a Democrat Congress his last two years but the economic downturn was all his fault. You are a typical liberal who makes things up as you go along and buy CBO numbers when they suit you and ignore the revisions when they don't. Only in the liberal world are deficits created when people keep more of their own money. You see it doesn't matter that govt. revenue went up 60% during the Reagan term and 40% during the Bush years because liberals believe the economic activity created during both terms would have happened without the tax cuts. Funny how no one can explain why tax revenue went up after the tax cuts were fully implemented. Interesting.

  4. #194
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,976

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Love how Bush has been out of office for 6 years, had a Democrat Congress his last two years but the economic downturn was all his fault. You are a typical liberal who makes things up as you go along and buy CBO numbers when they suit you and ignore the revisions when they don't. Only in the liberal world are deficits created when people keep more of their own money. You see it doesn't matter that govt. revenue went up 60% during the Reagan term and 40% during the Bush years because liberals believe the economic activity created during both terms would have happened without the tax cuts. Funny how no one can explain why tax revenue went up after the tax cuts were fully implemented. Interesting.
    FDR has been dead for 60 years and conservatives still continue to blame him for things.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  5. #195
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Love how Bush has been out of office for 6 years, had a Democrat Congress his last two years but the economic downturn was all his fault. You are a typical liberal who makes things up as you go along and buy CBO numbers when they suit you and ignore the revisions when they don't. Only in the liberal world are deficits created when people keep more of their own money. You see it doesn't matter that govt. revenue went up 60% during the Reagan term and 40% during the Bush years because liberals believe the economic activity created during both terms would have happened without the tax cuts. Funny how no one can explain why tax revenue went up after the tax cuts were fully implemented. Interesting.
    LOL....Reagan did not cover his spending, which is why the debt tripled.....nor did Shrub where the debt doubled. The difference now is that the massive triple threat of continuing war costs, Shrub tax cuts and the Shrub recession still greatly impact current debt increases......whereas the Shrub inherited declining deficits/debt.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #196
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, I can see why you are an Obama supporter, bye, done dealing with your circular baiting posts.
    You never learn....or keep your word.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #197
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    bump..
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    And yet you have been shown time after time, the primary driver of debt is:

    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #198
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    LOL....Reagan did not cover his spending, which is why the debt tripled.....nor did Shrub where the debt doubled. The difference now is that the massive triple threat of continuing war costs, Shrub tax cuts and the Shrub recession still greatly impact current debt increases......whereas the Shrub inherited declining deficits/debt.
    Your opinion noted, some people simply don't get it and apparently you are in that group. Reagan's debt when he left office was 2.6 trillion dollars on a 5.6 trillion dollar economy, Bush's debt was 10.6 trillion on a 14.4 trillion dollar economy, today that debt is 17.6 trillion on a 17.2 trillion dollar economy, Hmmm, wonder if you can come up with the difference between the three Presidents.

  9. #199
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,854

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Cough...BS....cough...
    Quoting snippets of my posts...out of context...only serves to demean yourself.

    You are dismissed.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  10. #200
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your opinion noted, some people simply don't get it and apparently you are in that group. Reagan's debt when he left office was 2.6 trillion dollars on a 5.6 trillion dollar economy, Bush's debt was 10.6 trillion on a 14.4 trillion dollar economy, today that debt is 17.6 trillion on a 17.2 trillion dollar economy, Hmmm, wonder if you can come up with the difference between the three Presidents.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •