Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 228

Thread: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

  1. #181
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You are nearly as conflicted in this statement as you are with your other "not starve the beast" argument.

    You are talking a a lot, but in the end you are negating yourself on both counts.
    Only because it highlights that you're relying solely upon slogans to make your case against the opposing party/philosophy (slogans you apparently don't understand). Nothing at all conflicting about what I just posted.

  2. #182
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    It IS results. More jobs have been consistently created by Democratic administrations than Republican ones. Those pesky facts again.



    Bill Clinton Asserts Democrats Create More Jobs: Reality Check - Bloomberg
    LOL, yep, Reagan created 17 million jobs, Clinton had a GOP Congress that created 18 million jobs, and Bush Created 9 million jobs until the Congress was taken over by Democrats. Those come from BLS.gov, suggest you learn to use the official numbers and stop buying rhetoric from "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" Clinton. I really suggest a civics class for you because I do feel sorry for your own ignorance.

  3. #183
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    And yet you have been shown time after time, the primary driver of debt is:

    Love it, tax cuts caused half the deficits when tax cuts increased Revenue significantly and set records, 60% for Reagan and record revenue in 2007 for Bush, Wonder how that can be and where on the budget for the U.S. does it show tax cuts as an expense. I really feel sorry for you, an Obama supporter.

  4. #184
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,818

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    LOL......I think the whole "starve the beast" aspect of "punishing govt" has ben the domain of conservatives for quite some time now, decades in fact.
    That really has nothing to do with, nor is it a relevant rebuttal of, my contention.

    But, to respond to your comment, sometimes it's a good thing to put the beast on a diet.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  5. #185
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,818

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    We tax things we want less of. Maybe you would rather we just made those things illegal. I would gladly support a law forbidding corporations from moving overseas and selling here. Or maybe we should just forbid layoffs. That is done in other countries.
    Thank you for confirming my contention. But no, I would rather the government just keep its nose out of the free market.

    btw, who gives a rip what other countries do?
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  6. #186
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Only because it highlights that you're relying solely upon slogans to make your case against the opposing party/philosophy (slogans you apparently don't understand). Nothing at all conflicting about what I just posted.
    Um, I'm not "relying on slogans", you just admitted that the that conservatives are pushing for large cuts to fed govt spending :


    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So....you are in denial that conservatives (and note, most have gone extreme) are pushing for large cuts to fed govt spending.
    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, I don't deny that.
    It is not just their slogan, it is an action plan that is being carried out.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #187
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    That really has nothing to do with, nor is it a relevant rebuttal of, my contention.

    But, to respond to your comment, sometimes it's a good thing to put the beast on a diet.
    Um, it is what you wrote (whether you realized or not) and you too admit it to be "the plan"....not just a slogan.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #188
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Thank you for confirming my contention. But no, I would rather the government just keep its nose out of the free market.

    btw, who gives a rip what other countries do?
    by government do you mean the federal, the state, or both?
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  9. #189
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,818

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    by government do you mean the federal, the state, or both?
    I am speaking to the topic of this thread. The federal government.
    Last edited by Mycroft; 08-02-14 at 10:04 PM.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  10. #190
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Love it, tax cuts caused half the deficits when tax cuts increased Revenue significantly and set records, 60% for Reagan and record revenue in 2007 for Bush, Wonder how that can be and where on the budget for the U.S. does it show tax cuts as an expense. I really feel sorry for you, an Obama supporter.
    I once again regret the fact that showing you 2 well researched estimates, both based on CBO data, is a pointless exercise since they are impossible for your argument to accept, evaluate or comprehend.

    Economic Downturn and Legacy of Bush Policies Continue to Drive Large Deficits — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •