Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 228

Thread: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

  1. #131
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    California has huge shale reserves.

    But their economy sucks and that States home to 1/3 of America's welfare recipients even though they only account for 1/8 of the Nation's population.

    So its not the existence of Oil is it ?

    No, its the policies that allow that oil to be accessed.
    LOL....you are still defeating your argument on petro NOT being a major component of the Texas economy!

    What other dancing can you do before you finally admit to that simple fact?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #132
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Show me a corporation driving on those roads and using the infrastructure? Show me a corporation in line at the grocery store? Corporations are run by people and it is the people that use that infrastructure so why tax a corporation who passes those taxes on to the people?
    Here's a news flash for you: the only tax dollars that are actually wasted - that do not directly benefit the American economy - are those that go outside our borders. Yes, there are ways that tax dollars can be more wisely spent within our borders...but every single one of those dollars that are spent inside our borders are used in ways that stimulate our economy. Not a single one of those tax dollars spent within our borders (except perhaps for any used to buy stock which then tanks) somehow goes *poof* and disappears. All those tax dollars are spent in ways that stimulate our economy (which is a major reason why why Keynesian economics works).

    Now think about that for a moment: our tax dollars that go outside our borders are often (though not always) wasted. Right? Right.

    And when the government spends our tax dollars on infrastructure that supports multinational corporations, those multinational corporations not only use our taxpayer-funded infrastructure, but the profits they make using our infrastructure go outside our borders...and so a significant amount of the dollars that we spend on those multinational corporations leaves our borders and are - as far as the American economy is concerned - wasted.

    There is no good reason why we should not tax corporations, since pretty much all the large corporations are effectively multinational in operation, if not on paper.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  3. #133
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    It's interesting to imagine that you are an expert on AZ economics, but the issue here is not one of too many workers (or illegals), it is one of lack of job creation, primarily, like CA, driven by a massive loss of household wealth....along with poor education (low funding) and low state investment. We have LOTS of open space......but laughably, that is not a driver of economics.

    You still need any and all forms of baiting to distract from your failed arguments.

    This bill has an increase in the deficit (which is what you want, less revenue). What you lose sight of is that "net", this would cause more US jobs and ultimately decrease the deficit.
    No, the fact is Obama supports the bill and after being in office for 6 years has yet to have one of his economic proposals successful. He is as incompetent as his supporters totally lacking in basic understanding of a free market private sector economy.

    We don't need more revenue, we need less govt. interference and micro management of the economy which of course would hurt people like you

  4. #134
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you know what a tax incentive is? it is businesses keeping more of what they earn. You seem to have a problem with that
    It is the SELECTIVE lowering of a tax....ie, picking a "winner".

    You DEFINITELY have a problem admitting to your CONTRADICTIONS.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #135
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Here's a news flash for you: the only tax dollars that are actually wasted - that do not directly benefit the American economy - are those that go outside our borders. Yes, there are ways that tax dollars can be more wisely spent within our borders...but every single one of those dollars that are spent inside our borders are used in ways that stimulate our economy. Not a single one of those tax dollars spent within our borders (except perhaps for any used to buy stock which then tanks) somehow goes *poof* and disappears. All those tax dollars are spent in ways that stimulate our economy (which is a major reason why why Keynesian economics works).

    Now think about that for a moment: our tax dollars that go outside our borders are often (though not always) wasted. Right? Right.

    And when the government spends our tax dollars on infrastructure that supports multinational corporations, those multinational corporations not only use our taxpayer-funded infrastructure, but the profits they make using our infrastructure go outside our borders...and so a significant amount of the dollars that we spend on those multinational corporations leaves our borders and are - as far as the American economy is concerned - wasted.

    There is no good reason why we should not tax corporations, since pretty much all the large corporations are effectively multinational in operation, if not on paper.
    Nice rant, totally ignoring the reality of what taxes fund, what taxes are collected, and who pays those taxes. Corporations don't drive roads, buy groceries, need defense, people do and it is the people who are paying those corporate taxes along with their own. We currently have a 17.6 trillion dollar debt that exceeds our yearly GDP and your answer is more spending and more tax revenue. When does it stop? How many times do you want to tax the individual?

    We have three governments, Federal, State, and local. Let the states manage their own social problems and revenue issues, let the Federal Govt. do what it is supposed to do, protect us. To do that we don't need a 3.9 trillion dollar govt.

  6. #136
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    It is the SELECTIVE lowering of a tax....ie, picking a "winner".

    You DEFINITELY have a problem admitting to your CONTRADICTIONS.
    Selectively? Tax incentives go to any business that meets that classification, you seem to be the one trying to level the playing field without knowing what you are talking about. I have no contradictions, only people like you who don't understand our economy or even how private business works, including your own.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I think you need to read what I wrote one more time with an eye for trying to comprehend what I'm actually saying.

    This bill gives tax breaks to companies INSHORING (opposite of offshoring). It gave tax breaks and incentives to companies closing foreign facilities and moving them back to the US. Now isn't that exactly the kind of thing the pinko left has been bitching about? Giving corporations "welfare"? Providing tax abatements and special deductions? Shouldn't you be glad that's not going to happen?
    My bad - I mistook the 'to' for 'from'. Got to be more careful.

    But why would we possibly not want to give tax breaks to companies inshoring jobs in addition to taxing those who are outshoring jobs? What's wrong with that?
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  8. #138
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, the fact is Obama supports the bill ....
    Again...you asked "why?"....and you still cannot address the response to the "why?".

    That is sad.

    We don't need more revenue
    I know, you are still in the "starve the beast" mode....got it.


    we need less govt.
    Like...."tax incentives"....right? You have no problem granting tax breaks to some....via legislation.....but are against.....a Dem plan t do just that.

    Weird.


    interference and micro management of the economy which of course would hurt people like you
    again, you are good with "tax incentives".....which is "micro-managing".

    Weird!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #139
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Selectively? Tax incentives go to any business that meets that classification.....
    LOL...suddenly, classification....is not selective!

    FFS con.....seriously....are you going to argue that classification is NOT "selecting"?

    Good grief.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #140
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: GOP blocks bill that would curb tax breaks for firms moving operations overseas

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Nice rant, totally ignoring the reality of what taxes fund, what taxes are collected, and who pays those taxes. Corporations don't drive roads, buy groceries, need defense, people do and it is the people who are paying those corporate taxes along with their own. We currently have a 17.6 trillion dollar debt that exceeds our yearly GDP and your answer is more spending and more tax revenue. When does it stop? How many times do you want to tax the individual?

    We have three governments, Federal, State, and local. Let the states manage their own social problems and revenue issues, let the Federal Govt. do what it is supposed to do, protect us. To do that we don't need a 3.9 trillion dollar govt.
    Really? "Corporations don't drive roads"? I'll try to remember that the next time I see a Wal-Mart truck rumbling down the road. And "Corporations don't...need defense"? Make sure you tell Exxon that the next time their tanker is going through the Straits of Hormuz.

    It's like you're saying corporations - including the people who represent those corporations - should never, ever be held accountable for anything at all.

    Or do you somehow think that there is no such thing as "corporate inertia"?
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •