Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 174

Thread: Louisiana Republican Flees Interview When Asked About Obama's Birthplace

  1. #161
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,370

    Re: Louisiana Republican Flees Interview When Asked About Obama's Birthplace

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    We're still waiting for Guam to " tip over ".

    Now THAT'S Stupid and THAT'S the Democrat party.
    Kinda lame that you needed to defend your party with that story.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  2. #162
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Louisiana Republican Flees Interview When Asked About Obama's Birthplace

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Typical total BS!
    Because you say so. Noted.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #163
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: Louisiana Republican Flees Interview When Asked About Obama's Birthplace

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    It's the liberals!




    Even if that is true () the best thing to counter someone who is trying to jump and destroy you is to give an answer that sounds smart, if not entirely true, then turn it around so they look foolish. I see it here daily.
    Why waste your time if it was not a serious interview?

  4. #164
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,133

    Re: Louisiana Republican Flees Interview When Asked About Obama's Birthplace

    I hope the birther stuff comes back in full force.

    Seeing as how it was invented by the Clinton campaign in 2008, it can only serve to bite her in the ass in 2016.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  5. #165
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: Louisiana Republican Flees Interview When Asked About Obama's Birthplace

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    You describe what's wrong with our political process, focus is on power, not truth and answers to our leading problems.
    But it is reality nonetheless.

  6. #166
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: Louisiana Republican Flees Interview When Asked About Obama's Birthplace

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    There was a time, early on, when some doubt was (arguably) a rational or at least non-insane position. But really, after six years, there is a pile of evidence he was in fact born in Hawaii, and NOTHING to indicate otherwise. Furthermore, all the claims of the original birthers have been thoroughly debunked, time and again, often laughably so and so there is just nothing left to debate, unless there is a vast conspiracy across the entire State of Hawaii government, the U.S. government, including the passport office, CIA, FBI, etc.

    Anyway, I'm biased, but the birther line is to me a line that in 2014 can't be crossed by serious people who want to serve in a serious office. In my view, it reflects a basic contempt for facts and/or a willingness to take a position contrary to ALL KNOWN FACTS, and that disqualifies someone as an elected official in my view.



    Well, he's a shameless, self promoting huckster, which is fine.
    Then this begs the question, when did this woman question Obamas birthplace.

  7. #167
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: Louisiana Republican Flees Interview When Asked About Obama's Birthplace

    Quote Originally Posted by keymanjim View Post
    Tina Fey. The one that actually said it.
    It is amazing how many people don't know the difference between an actress and a real person.

  8. #168
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,853

    Re: Louisiana Republican Flees Interview When Asked About Obama's Birthplace

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    That's ok, I'm not interested in your general comment.
    Nor am I interested in yours. So we're good?

  9. #169
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,853

    Re: Louisiana Republican Flees Interview When Asked About Obama's Birthplace

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Then this begs the question, when did this woman question Obamas birthplace.
    She effectively did it in that interview. It's a simple question with a simple answer - Hawaii - unless you're a birther or pander to them.

    The problems are polls like these:

    55% Of Republicans Believe Obama Was Born In A Foreign Country?
    Poll: 45 percent of Republicans think Obama born out of US | TheHill
    https://today.yougov.com/news/2014/02/12/know-for-sure/

    At least half the GOP either believes Obama was born outside the U.S. or at least aren't sure. So a candidate has a problem - half their voters are birthers or near birthers, and they can either accept ALL THE EVIDENCE or pander to the ignorant and tin hatters. And so it's perhaps a rational political position to take, but it's still a position contrary to all known evidence.

    It's kind of funny how the GOP has gotten themselves into a box on this. They propagate this BS for years, and the GOP base starts believing the propaganda. But almost all non-GOPers think the birther position is insane, so what a GOPer running for office hopes is for the issue to go away. They don't want to alienate the half of the GOP who is a birther so can't say he WAS born in the U.S, but they also don't want to signal they're nuts to independents and sane republicans and can't embrace the full wingnut birther position. So they have to walk this hilarious tightrope. And then of course whine about the liberal press when they get called out on this strategy or the liberal press doesn't allow them to pander to ignorant without consequences. So sad for them.

  10. #170
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,324

    Re: Louisiana Republican Flees Interview When Asked About Obama's Birthplace

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    Neither party has a monopoly on stupid. The difference is that when that Democratic House Member made that stupid statement other Democrats were embarrassed. Republicans, on the other hand, put their Palins right out front for all to see, relish in their ignorance and are unpersuaded by facts.

    Oh but it doesn't stop at Hank Johnson's idiocy.

    Sheila Jackson Lee's known for her stupidity.

    " We have two Viet' NAM'S, side by side, working together, exchanging ideas ..."

    So No, there is no " embarrassment " from the Democrats at all.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •