Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 174

Thread: Louisiana Republican Flees Interview When Asked About Obama's Birthplace

  1. #91
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Louisiana Republican Flees Interview When Asked About Obama's Birthplace

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    When they say they don't think he was born in the US, yes they are
    Trump didn't even wait for the question to be asked...


  2. #92
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Louisiana Republican Flees Interview When Asked About Obama's Birthplace

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    But if she's not a birther, the question takes one second to answer. "Hawaii." That's not remotely like "have you stopped beating your wife." That question presumes the person is a wife beater. That's the first problem. The second problem is that because of the assumption embedded in the question, it cannot be answered without providing the questioner with a line of additional attack.

    A simple answer to "where was Obama born" presumes nothing. It's a straightforward question. You can ask me that right now and I'll end the discussion right away. Hawaii!

    Or, maybe she's a birther, and lots of voters, me included, want to know before we cast our votes for a birther. Clinging to that conspiracy nonsense tells me something very important about a candidate - IMO they're stupid, or pander to the stupid. But maybe you think the opposite - if they believe Obama was born in Hawaii, there is no question, THEY are the stupid ones. Either way, it's a distinguishing viewpoint.
    Do you think people who vote for politicians who say dumb things are stupid people?

  3. #93
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,719

    Re: Louisiana Republican Flees Interview When Asked About Obama's Birthplace

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Do you think people who vote for politicians who say dumb things are stupid people?
    Short answer is it depends - on the statement and how people judge whether that statement is dumb, and how that statement stacks up to other statements and positions, etc. I'd bet we have different bright lines on what a politician can say and still get our support, and that's as natural as us having different hair styles.

    I'm just pointing out that I'd personally NEVER vote for a birther, because it tells me (maybe not you) something meaningful about how a person fails to process and acknowledge evidence, or is willing to say dumb things contrary to ALL THE EVIDENCE to pander to lowest common denominator voters. I lost all respect for the Donald when he went there. He's too smart to embrace that BS, so just signaled (to ME) when he did that he's a huckster and wasn't trying to be a serious person politically. I mean, we knew that, but he made it official - no need to take him seriously on anything ever again.

    But like I said, others may (and I'm sure DO!) think NOT questioning Obama's birthplace even today is a sign of stupidity, and won't vote for someone who accepts the gubment/Obummer line on that. Whatever floats their boat! But it's not a frivolous question IMO.

  4. #94
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Louisiana Republican Flees Interview When Asked About Obama's Birthplace

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Short answer is it depends - on the statement and how people judge whether that statement is dumb, and how that statement stacks up to other statements and positions, etc. I'd bet we have different bright lines on what a politician can say and still get our support, and that's as natural as us having different hair styles.

    I'm just pointing out that I'd personally NEVER vote for a birther, because it tells me (maybe not you) something meaningful about how a person fails to process and acknowledge evidence, or is willing to say dumb things contrary to ALL THE EVIDENCE to pander to lowest common denominator voters. I lost all respect for the Donald when he went there. He's too smart to embrace that BS, so just signaled (to ME) when he did that he's a huckster and wasn't trying to be a serious person politically. I mean, we knew that, but he made it official - no need to take him seriously on anything ever again.

    But like I said, others may (and I'm sure DO!) think NOT questioning Obama's birthplace even today is a sign of stupidity, and won't vote for someone who accepts the gubment/Obummer line on that. Whatever floats their boat! But it's not a frivolous question IMO.
    Do you think his mother was an American citizen?? Or is that also a lie??

    If his mom is a U.S. citizen, it doesn't matter a tinker's dam where he was born.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #95
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Louisiana Republican Flees Interview When Asked About Obama's Birthplace

    if you are running for office and you make a statement about the President's birthplace it is not gotcha to be asked about. If you run away you are a coward and everyone in the region you are running in should be told. If you defend this behavior I pity what you have become because of your party.

  6. #96
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,719

    Re: Louisiana Republican Flees Interview When Asked About Obama's Birthplace

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Do you think his mother was an American citizen?? Or is that also a lie??
    Of course.

    If his mom is a U.S. citizen, it doesn't matter a tinker's dam where he was born.
    Well, it did make a difference to the birthers. But I'm not going to try and make sense of those nutjobs or their nonsensical positions on the whole controversy.

  7. #97
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,235

    Re: Louisiana Republican Flees Interview When Asked About Obama's Birthplace

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How many Libbos get nailed for stupid comments?
    grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud.jpg
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  8. #98
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Louisiana Republican Flees Interview When Asked About Obama's Birthplace

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Short answer is it depends - on the statement and how people judge whether that statement is dumb, and how that statement stacks up to other statements and positions, etc. I'd bet we have different bright lines on what a politician can say and still get our support, and that's as natural as us having different hair styles.

    I'm just pointing out that I'd personally NEVER vote for a birther, because it tells me (maybe not you) something meaningful about how a person fails to process and acknowledge evidence, or is willing to say dumb things contrary to ALL THE EVIDENCE to pander to lowest common denominator voters. I lost all respect for the Donald when he went there. He's too smart to embrace that BS, so just signaled (to ME) when he did that he's a huckster and wasn't trying to be a serious person politically. I mean, we knew that, but he made it official - no need to take him seriously on anything ever again.

    But like I said, others may (and I'm sure DO!) think NOT questioning Obama's birthplace even today is a sign of stupidity, and won't vote for someone who accepts the gubment/Obummer line on that. Whatever floats their boat! But it's not a frivolous question IMO.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'm no birther either. The original birthers were Hillary supporters so it sprang from politics. I can't believe anyone followed suit and kept it going. But I would vote for someone who for whatever reason thought there may be some merit to the story and said as much assuming that said candidate would be a good legislator in DC.

    Donald I think let his grandiose demeanor get in the way of clear thinking when he went there.

  9. #99
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Louisiana Republican Flees Interview When Asked About Obama's Birthplace

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Could you just imagine if someone did that during an interview?
    Yea, they would get my vote. LOL.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #100
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Louisiana Republican Flees Interview When Asked About Obama's Birthplace

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Of course.

    Well, it did make a difference to the birthers. But I'm not going to try and make sense of those nutjobs or their nonsensical positions on the whole controversy.
    Well, I'm confused by your post. You call them nutjobs, and yet you say this:

    But like I said, others may (and I'm sure DO!) think NOT questioning Obama's birthplace even today is a sign of stupidity, and won't vote for someone who accepts the gubment/Obummer line on that. Whatever floats their boat! But it's not a frivolous question IMO.
    Oh, wait!!! "...others may (I thought it read, "and I sure DO!)... My bad.

    Never mind.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •