Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 278

Thread: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

  1. #231
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    Tell that to the millions of Americans who never recovered!



    Fallacy of composition; just because someone is unemployed doesn't mean they cannot suffer additional losses in net wealth.



    How about we expose your desire to be a hypocrite:

    As I recall Republicans took over the purse strings in 2011 and we had sequester. We also have over 7 trillion dollars added to the debt.

    Provide proof that Millions haven't recovered?

    My desire is to show people who the true hypocrites are, the big spending Libertarians promoting massive govt. Still waiting for you to explain what economic programs led to a 4.2% GDP growth which still puts the yearly GDP growth at less than 2%?

  2. #232
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As I recall Republicans took over the purse strings in 2011 and we had sequester. We also have over 7 trillion dollars added to the debt.
    And as i recall, temporary measures have all but dissipated, reducing the need for such an extraordinary deficit. The underlying factor is the level economic growth relative to government spending which we are witnessing is consistent within post-Keynesian economic thought. Shall we all rejoice that capitalism, once again, has been saved by understanding its tendency toward financial collapse?

    Provide proof that Millions haven't recovered?

    Negative proof fallacy.


    My desire is to show people who the true hypocrites are, the big spending Libertarians promoting massive govt.
    I promote a responsive government that takes action when needed. Action was taken, it certainly was needed, and now you want to pout about your expectations not being met. Your belief of "getting government out of the way" when businesses were failing at levels not seen since the 1930's, is purely delusional.

    Still waiting for you to explain what economic programs led to a 4.2% GDP growth which still puts the yearly GDP growth at less than 2%?
    It's not a matter of "programs". Deleveraging has bottomed out.



    This graph depicts the rate of change of real total debt per capita. A negative figure means households are deleveraging; and the relative (and absolute) minima occurred in the fourth quarter of 2010.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  3. #233
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    And as i recall, temporary measures have all but dissipated, reducing the need for such an extraordinary deficit. The underlying factor is the level economic growth relative to government spending which we are witnessing is consistent within post-Keynesian economic thought. Shall we all rejoice that capitalism, once again, has been saved by understanding its tendency toward financial collapse?



    Negative proof fallacy.




    I promote a responsive government that takes action when needed. Action was taken, it certainly was needed, and now you want to pout about your expectations not being met. Your belief of "getting government out of the way" when businesses were failing at levels not seen since the 1930's, is purely delusional.



    It's not a matter of "programs". Deleveraging has bottomed out.



    This graph depicts the rate of change of real total debt per capita. A negative figure means households are deleveraging; and the relative (and absolute) minima occurred in the fourth quarter of 2010.
    Financial collapse is what liberals promote to generate more govt. How many banks were forced to take TARP and how quickly did they pay TARP back. You are the one who seems to be buying the rhetoric and ignoring the results.

    I love liberals, debt per capital? Why don't you generate some other numbers to justify the 250 billion dollars a year in debt service, the fourth highest budget item that will balloon when interest rates rise

  4. #234
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Obviously the kind of economy that excites liberals and libertarians who claim the economy has rebounded

    Census figures show more than one-third of Americans receiving welfare benefits | Fox News

  5. #235
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,582

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Republicans arguing that the economy can't possibly be doing well remind me of the Democrats prior to the election of '08 arguing that the war in Iraq couldn't possibly be doing well. The Democrats turned out to be right. Let's hope the Republicans don't.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #236
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Financial collapse is what liberals promote to generate more govt.
    Financial crises are a rarity. Generalizing this once in a generation event as a matter of partisan malfeasance destroys what little credit you have to begin with.

    How many banks were forced to take TARP and how quickly did they pay TARP back. You are the one who seems to be buying the rhetoric and ignoring the results.
    How many banks made use of various lending facilities offered in addition to TARP funding? Your position is based purely eristic partisanship, which is why you are confused with terms like debt per capita.

    I love liberals, debt per capital? Why don't you generate some other numbers to justify the 250 billion dollars a year in debt service, the fourth highest budget item that will balloon when interest rates rise
    Interest rates cannot rise without the requisite economy growth necessary to support a rise in the cost of capital. Nevertheless, even if interest rates were to double tomorrow, how much would that translate into additional expenses?
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  7. #237
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Kushinator;1063695989]Financial crises are a rarity. Generalizing this once in a generation event as a matter of partisan malfeasance destroys what little credit you have to begin with.
    How did the financial crisis as you call it affect you and your family? This crisis or so called Great Recession didn't affect nearly as many people as the 81-82 Double dip recession that affected every American because it was compounded by a worse financial crisis, high inflation



    How many banks made use of various lending facilities offered in addition to TARP funding? Your position is based purely eristic partisanship, which is why you are confused with terms like debt per capita.
    TARP was forced on a number of banks and never changed behavior. It rewarded bad behavior thus making it more of a media generated crisis than a true financial one. I confuse no such thing, I look at numbers, true numbers with people's picture on them. Obama's poor leadership or total lack of positive leadership prolonged a crisis for personal gain and his economic and foreign policy incompetence is on full display. Percentage change, debt per capita mean absolutely nothing compared to actual debt service and people unemployed/under employed/discouraged



    Interest rates cannot rise without the requisite economy growth necessary to support a rise in the cost of capital. Nevertheless, even if interest rates were to double tomorrow, how much would that translate into additional expenses?
    That is true but that is going to happen because the private sector economy is going to grow because it has to grow. That sector will do whatever it has to do to stay in business and grow meaning that once those 20 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers back to work full time or at least most of them, then there is going to be more demand that products and that drives up inflation which affects not not only personal income but debt service which is now the fourth largest budget item.

  8. #238
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Republicans arguing that the economy can't possibly be doing well remind me of the Democrats prior to the election of '08 arguing that the war in Iraq couldn't possibly be doing well. The Democrats turned out to be right. Let's hope the Republicans don't.
    Sorry but unless you think 20 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers along with a 2% GDP growth after a recession is a good economy, then yours is typical of far too many, naive, gullible, and poorly informed. Far too many look at percentage change and ignore the base those percentages are based upon plus they ignore the actual numbers. We are 7 years after the beginning of the recession and over 5 years after the end of the recession and the employment numbers are exactly the same as before the recession, the debt is 7 trillion more, and the GDP growth is about 370 billion a year, much lower than the Bush average or any other Presidential average. Sorry but apparently I see what you and others refuse to look at, the average American and how they are being hurt by liberal incompetence and attempts to redistribute wealth.

    Did you not read that 1/3 of Americans or over 110 million are on some form of govt. welfare assistance funded by the taxpayers? That excludes SS and Medicare. How is that a good economy and showing things improving?

  9. #239
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,582

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sorry but unless you think 20 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers along with a 2% GDP growth after a recession is a good economy, then yours is typical of far too many, naive, gullible, and poorly informed. Far too many look at percentage change and ignore the base those percentages are based upon plus they ignore the actual numbers. We are 7 years after the beginning of the recession and over 5 years after the end of the recession and the employment numbers are exactly the same as before the recession, the debt is 7 trillion more, and the GDP growth is about 370 billion a year, much lower than the Bush average or any other Presidential average. Sorry but apparently I see what you and others refuse to look at, the average American and how they are being hurt by liberal incompetence and attempts to redistribute wealth.

    Did you not read that 1/3 of Americans or over 110 million are on some form of govt. welfare assistance funded by the taxpayers? That excludes SS and Medicare. How is that a good economy and showing things improving?
    The "Bush average" was doing fairly well up until the end at least.

    And yes, there are far and away too many dependent on government subsidies of one sort or another.

    And, while the POTUS is the CIC, he does not run the economy.

    But, anyway, thanks for confirming what I said about Republicans talking about how the economy can't possibly be doing well.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #240
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    The "Bush average" was doing fairly well up until the end at least.

    And yes, there are far and away too many dependent on government subsidies of one sort or another.

    And, while the POTUS is the CIC, he does not run the economy.

    But, anyway, thanks for confirming what I said about Republicans talking about how the economy can't possibly be doing well.
    Don't you think that Presidential policies such as the 842 billion stimulus, recycling of TARP, Obamacare, take over of GM/Chrysler, promotion of class warfare, talks of tax hikes don't affect the economic decision making of private industry?

    The Bush results I have posted include the disastrous 2008 numbers and we came out of recession in June 2009 yet Obama's numbers remain stagnant at best and makes you wonder what we really got for the 7 trillion added to the debt. What Obama has proven is incompetence was ignored as people bought the rhetoric. 4 more million realized that in 2012 but not enough to remove him. Whoever takes over in 2017 is going to have a real mess to clean up.

    The economy isn't doing well and the numbers support it.

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •