Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 278

Thread: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

  1. #161
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What bills? What bills did the Democrat Congress submit that would have helped prevent the recession? Democrats were more focused on regaining the WH than doing their job.
    Exactly right, and the Republicans were more focused on trying to keep it, which is why no one saw the recession coming or did anything to stop it. Since then, Congress has become even more hyper partisan than it was then, which doesn't bode will for the future of this nation.

    Congress is dysfunctional. The president is not a good leader. The federal government is being poorly run. The next couple of elections are not likely to change much of anything.

    But, maybe. Voters are bound to get sick and tired of the status quo sooner or later.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #162
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    What does that have to do with the fact that all the bills passed had to be signed by Bush during that timeframe and COULD HAVE BEEN VETOED by him? Please tell us oh partisan one.
    Bush couldn't sign any bills that weren't passed or started by Congress. Bush submitted Financial reform that went no where. He submitted a budget that wasn't passed. Democrats knew that they had people like you who would blame Bush for the economic results and still to this day do the same thing. Again, what bills did the Democrats propose that Bush wouldn't sign?

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Bush couldn't sign any bills that weren't passed or started by Congress. Bush submitted Financial reform that went no where. He submitted a budget that wasn't passed. Democrats knew that they had people like you who would blame Bush for the economic results and still to this day do the same thing. Again, what bills did the Democrats propose that Bush wouldn't sign?
    You'll have to show me where I blame ONLY Bush for the economic results. I have criticized BOTH parties (something you hardly do and when you do the criticism is only that they worked with the left) and criticized BOTH Obama, Bush, and the congresses under them. So anymore comments you want to post as lies? I have the quotes to back me up on myself, which is something you never do.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Exactly right, and the Republicans were more focused on trying to keep it, which is why no one saw the recession coming or did anything to stop it. Since then, Congress has become even more hyper partisan than it was then, which doesn't bode will for the future of this nation.

    Congress is dysfunctional. The president is not a good leader. The federal government is being poorly run. The next couple of elections are not likely to change much of anything.

    But, maybe. Voters are bound to get sick and tired of the status quo sooner or later.
    Leadership is non existent today and that is what happens when you have a Community agitator who only knows how to divide, not lead. We need someone with Reagan's leadership skills today taking a positive message to the American people on the greatness of this country and promoting a positive agenda. No one can tell me Obama has had a positive message not when he want to penalize wealth creation and when he tries to make a federal govt. create equal outcome.

  5. #165
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,889

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Leadership is non existent today and that is what happens when you have a Community agitator who only knows how to divide, not lead. We need someone with Reagan's leadership skills today taking a positive message to the American people on the greatness of this country and promoting a positive agenda. No one can tell me Obama has had a positive message not when he want to penalize wealth creation and when he tries to make a federal govt. create equal outcome.
    Substance-free talking-point twaddle.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #166
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Leadership is non existent today and that is what happens when you have a Community agitator who only knows how to divide, not lead. We need someone with Reagan's leadership skills today taking a positive message to the American people on the greatness of this country and promoting a positive agenda. No one can tell me Obama has had a positive message not when he want to penalize wealth creation and when he tries to make a federal govt. create equal outcome.
    You mean the real Reagan who presided over the bailouts of the S and L and over Iran Contra, or the Reagan of legend who single handedly brought down the Soviet Union?

    Even the real Reagan was a more effective leader than the current POTUS or his predecessor, but let's be careful who we deify.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #167
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You'll have to show me where I blame ONLY Bush for the economic results. I have criticized BOTH parties (something you hardly do and when you do the criticism is only that they worked with the left) and criticized BOTH Obama, Bush, and the congresses under them. So anymore comments you want to post as lies? I have the quotes to back me up on myself, which is something you never do.
    this isn't about you, this is about those in this forum who with ever post blame Bush and ignore Obama results. Obviously you pick and choose which of my posts you want to respond to. I blamed Republicans many times in this forum including Bush for his involvement in the financial crisis. Stop with the partisan bs and accept the reality that Obama is a total and dismal incompetent and is indeed transforming this country into the model he is familiar with, massive govt. with massive dependence just like Europe.

  8. #168
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Bush couldn't sign any bills that weren't passed or started by Congress. Bush submitted Financial reform that went no where. He submitted a budget that wasn't passed. Democrats knew that they had people like you who would blame Bush for the economic results and still to this day do the same thing. Again, what bills did the Democrats propose that Bush wouldn't sign?
    So by your logic, the republican led house is the reason why s*** is not getting done.

    Hey glad we are on the same page
    Last edited by rcart76; 08-06-14 at 12:03 PM.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  9. #169
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    You mean the real Reagan who presided over the bailouts of the S and L and over Iran Contra, or the Reagan of legend who single handedly brought down the Soviet Union?

    Even the real Reagan was a more effective leader than the current POTUS, but let's be careful who we deify.
    No, I mean the Reagan that gave us the pro growth stimulus that won 49 states. His second term wasn't a good one but he laid the ground work for a strong economy that lasted for decades. He took his economic message to the people, got his tax cuts passed with opposition from Tip O'Neil and the Democrat House and that led to the 17 million jobs created, 60% growth in Federal Income Tax revenue, and a doubling of GDP.

    Reagan was damaged badly by the assassination attempt and the onset of Alzheimers but he had already laid the groundwork for the strong economic growth and revitalization of the U.S. as a leader in the world.

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    this isn't about you, this is about those in this forum who with ever post blame Bush and ignore Obama results. Obviously you pick and choose which of my posts you want to respond to. I blamed Republicans many times in this forum including Bush for his involvement in the financial crisis. Stop with the partisan bs and accept the reality that Obama is a total and dismal incompetent and is indeed transforming this country into the model he is familiar with, massive govt. with massive dependence just like Europe.

    Here is what YOU said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Bush couldn't sign any bills that weren't passed or started by Congress. Bush submitted Financial reform that went no where. He submitted a budget that wasn't passed. Democrats knew that they had people like you who would blame Bush for the economic results and still to this day do the same thing. Again, what bills did the Democrats propose that Bush wouldn't sign?
    Then why did you include ME in the bolded? Why is it always when you are confronted with your lying comments you always post more comments that are lies to cover up your first one?

    Fact is you made yet another one of your partisan comments that were lies, got called on it, and now post more comments that are lies. Why can't you just admit and say "Gee, I made a mistake sorry I shouldn't have included you in that comment".

    I'm not the one spouting partisan BS since I blame BOTH sides while you are a GOP apologist.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •