Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 278

Thread: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Means nothing...wait for the final revision (then few will pay attention).

    They dropped Q1 from +0.1% initially all the way down to -2.1% in th final revision...clearly (IMO) they are either incompetent and/or being influenced.

  2. #132
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,617

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    I'll take growth. Any type. +0.1% ain't great, but it isn't moving backwards.
    I love that you see the glass as half full. Me too.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  3. #133
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    I love that you see the glass as half full. Me too.
    More like 0.1% full, but if that's the best we can do, I guess it's better than being bone dry.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,564

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    I love that you see the glass as half full. Me too.
    Yeah, 0.1% is like asking for a glass of water and getting a few drops. Most people would never go back to place that treated them like that. The worst part about this administration is, they act like they've done something great, when they are doing a horrible job.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  5. #135
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Yeah, 0.1% is like asking for a glass of water and getting a few drops. Most people would never go back to place that treated them like that. The worst part about this administration is, they act like they've done something great, when they are doing a horrible job.
    Sure. If we attribute our economic performance to the president, Obummer absolutely sucks.

    For that matter, I can't imagine why in the hell we would ever consider voting for another republican POTUS, because at the end of the last republican presidency, we had NEGATIVE growth. Yet some republicans still pretend that Bush wasn't doing a horrible job. Bush was asleep at the wheel, for his entire presidency. I called him the PINO (president in name only).

    I guess it's all about picking from the lessor of evils. I suspect that in a couple of more years, we are going to compare the 8 years of Obummer, and the 8 years of Bush, and decide that the 8 years of Obummer ended much better than the 8 years of Bush. thats assuming that our economy doesn't fall apart before then of course.

    Now talley up how many recessions started under recent presidents (during my lifetime), by party. Let's see, 6 under republicans, 1 under democrats. Hmm.

    List of recessions in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by imagep; 08-05-14 at 09:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  6. #136
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,564

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Sure.

    For that matter, I can't imagine why in the hell we would ever consider voting for another republican POTUS, because at the end of the last republican presidency, we had NEGATIVE growth. Yet some republicans still pretend that Bush wasn't doing a horrible job. Bush was asleep at the wheel, for his entire presidency. I called him the PINO (president in name only).
    That's funny, because Clinton left Bush with a recession. Who you gonna vote for now?
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  7. #137
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    That's funny, because Clinton left Bush with a recession. Who you gonna vote for now?
    Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  8. #138
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    That's funny, because Clinton left Bush with a recession. Who you gonna vote for now?
    Like the first Bush left Clinton with a recession (which ended two months after Clinton took office)? and like the second Bush left O' with a recession (which ended 3 months after Obama took office)?

    It amazes me how you criticize Obummer for blaming Bush, then you claim that Clinton is to blame for the first Bush recession (notice that Bush had TWO recessions that started on his watch, the first Bush recession started two months AFTER Bush took office). I'm terrible at spelling, do you know how to spell "hypocrit"?
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  9. #139
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Like the first Bush left Clinton with a recession (which ended two months after Clinton took office)? and like the second Bush left O' with a recession (which ended 3 months after Obama took office)?

    It amazes me how you criticize Obummer for blaming Bush, then you claim that Clinton is to blame for the first Bush recession (notice that Bush had TWO recessions that started on his watch, the first Bush recession started two months AFTER Bush took office). I'm terrible at spelling, do you know how to spell "hypocrit"?
    Hypocrite.

    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #140
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,564

    Re: U.S. economy bounces back sharply

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Sure. If we attribute our economic performance to the president, Obummer absolutely sucks.

    For that matter, I can't imagine why in the hell we would ever consider voting for another republican POTUS, because at the end of the last republican presidency, we had NEGATIVE growth. Yet some republicans still pretend that Bush wasn't doing a horrible job. Bush was asleep at the wheel, for his entire presidency. I called him the PINO (president in name only).
    Well, you may not agree with what he did, I don't agree with it all, but the last thing Bush was was asleep at the wheel!

    I guess it's all about picking from the lessor of evils. I suspect that in a couple of more years, we are going to compare the 8 years of Obummer, and the 8 years of Bush, and decide that the 8 years of Obummer ended much better than the 8 years of Bush. thats assuming that our economy doesn't fall apart before then of course.
    That's not very likely, since Obama is solidly in last place as far as Presidents go.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •