Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 175

Thread: Appeals court upholds decision overturning Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban

  1. #61
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Do either of you really care what strangers think of your relationship?
    The question is irrelevant to this discussion. What I care about my relationship has no bearing whatsoever on whether society must be forced to sanction the oxymoron of homosexual marriage.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  2. #62
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    You're not paying attention. You're engaging in strawman argumentation.
    No I read your posts quite clearly.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1063579067

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1063579129

    Clearly your concern is that normalizing homosexuality will put men at further risk of being approached by other men. I am not worried at all about that, and expect it's perfectly fine for men to have to be a further risk of being approached by other men. I have no doubt they can handle it. You seem to doubt that they can or that they should have to.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  3. #63
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    No I read your posts quite clearly.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1063579067

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1063579129

    Clearly your concern is that normalizing homosexuality will put men at further risk of being approached by other men. I am not worried at all about that, and expect it's perfectly fine for men to have to be a further risk of being approached by other men. I have no doubt they can handle it. You seem to doubt that they can or that they should have to.
    Another strawman. My argument is that this isn't about rights. It's about a desire by homosexuals to normalize homosexuality in order to facilitate recruitment. My point is that the "rights" is really just the angle the legal and moral battle seems to be taking even though it's not really the primary motivation.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  4. #64
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Another strawman. My argument is that this isn't about rights. It's about a desire by homosexuals to normalize homosexuality in order to facilitate recruitment. My point is that the "rights" is really just the angle the legal and moral battle seems to be taking even though it's not really the primary motivation.
    The idea that anyone can be recruited into homosexuality is the strawman. Bless your heart.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  5. #65
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    The idea that anyone can be recruited into homosexuality is the strawman. Bless your heart.
    That's called a difference of opinion. It's not mangling someone else's argument into something ridiculous enough to beat up with poor reasoning and intelect like you've been doing. That's a strawman.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  6. #66
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,724
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Are you saying "gays want to be accepted" is a reason for the government of the United States to impose a gender-based distinction in a contract between two private individuals?

    is that all it takes to justify a restriction on individual freedom?
    If it wasn't about acceptance then gays would have been satisfied with civil unions. They were not. Civil unions offered every protection and benefit as marriage but, to them, it was not acceptable. Why is that?

    I don't even know what you're trying to argue here. Are you somehow not comfortable with admitting that seeking moral equivalence is the goal here?

  7. #67
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,964

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I've laughed at a few homosexuals for their fixation on getting straight men for that very reason, but that doesn't stop them from trying like hell and the normalization of homosexuality does seem to aid them in this endeavor.
    Really? Have you also observed straight men going after/in their fixations with women? Are you saying gay guys are more extreme? LOL I beg to differ!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,964

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Why do lesbians need to be taken into consideration. It's homosexuality. I've known some lesbians but having a homosexual brother has made the male homosexual a lot easier to get to understand.
    Because they are affected by SSM as well. Lesbians are 'same sex couples.'

    Everything you are attempting to use as a reason to prevent SSM is focused on men. Hardly a balanced argument.

    Unless you believe that lesbians should be allowed to marry each other?

    (I cant believe I just had to spell this out.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #69
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,964

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Supported by who? The entire reason for the challenge was because the people of those states didn't support homosexual marriage. The only support these challenges have received are from courts, relying on suspect precedence.

    Put the hate back in your pocket. I answered your post with the same tone it was made of. Namecalling and silly rhetoric seem to suit you well.

    Perhaps I should have specified that it was upheld OR overturned by the courts in every single state where challenged.

    And I used your own words that you wrote...I didnt introduce them. So own it. I have no hate, is pointing out a racist hateful or factual? I was just pointing out what your words revealed. If you meant them sarcastically or as a bad joke, please let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #70
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Really? Have you also observed straight men going after/in their fixations with women? Are you saying gay guys are more extreme? LOL I beg to differ!
    Guess you weren't paying attention. I agree that if they can get them, they're not straight, so what they wanted wasn't they got. It's an interesting conundrum for them and you, apparently, had no idea what anyone was talking about when you made the non-sequitur above.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •