Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 175

Thread: Appeals court upholds decision overturning Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,148

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    that is apples and oranges.

    SSM is about the Constitution being applied equally. Hobby Lobby was about government over-reach.
    One denies a right the other is seen (wrongly in my opinion but I am not a Justice) upholding a right.
    In order for a right to need upholding, it need at least to be in jeopardy. Who was loosing their right to anything in the HL case?

  2. #32
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    So you believe that gays want to 'turn' other people gay? Oh. My. God. That believes you think that people can 'be turned gay.' I think we're back to the dinosaurs.

    Also, can you please name a "society that sanctioned homosexuality that ended up with rampant homosexuality?" And it's not Rome, you've already had that explained to you.
    I think you don't know what you're talking about. In both Rome and Greece, homosexuality was rampant. Of course the Bible talks of Sodom and Gomorrah which were so vile that even angels were molested but I don't suppose you'd be wanting to hear about that or believing it. I'll just tell you for a fact that homosexuals do recruit as much as possible. My brother is a homosexual and I've lived in homosexual communities for years during different periods of my life both in New Orleans and Atlanta's Midtown. I know what I'm talking about and recruitment is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest dirty little secret of the homosexual community.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  3. #33
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,715

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I think you don't know what you're talking about. In both Rome and Greece, homosexuality was rampant. Of course the Bible talks of Sodom and Gomorrah which were so vile that even angels were molested but I don't suppose you'd be wanting to hear about that or believing it. I'll just tell you for a fact that homosexuals do recruit as much as possible. My brother is a homosexual and I've lived in homosexual communities for years during different periods of my life both in New Orleans and Atlanta's Midtown. I know what I'm talking about and recruitment is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest dirty little secret of the homosexual community.
    In Sodom and Gomorrah, men and women were participating in acts God did not approve of, way beyond homosexuality. Of course, I'm not sure why that 'story' is relevant to a discussion on making something LEGAL. And let's see some 'modern' sources that say homosexuality was rampant in Rome and Greece. Not only that, please prove it wasnt just same-gender sex....the act does not make someone gay. I've already told you that.

    As for recruiting gay men...lol, how is it any different than when straight men chase women? Please give me some examples, since you are so familiar and have seen it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    In Sodom and Gomorrah, men and women were participating in acts God did not approve of, way beyond homosexuality. Of course, I'm not sure why that 'story' is relevant to a discussion on making something LEGAL. And let's see some 'modern' sources that say homosexuality was rampant in Rome and Greece. Not only that, please prove it wasnt just same-gender sex....the act does not make someone gay. I've already told you that.

    As for recruiting gay men...lol, how is it any different than when straight men chase women? Please give me some examples, since you are so familiar and have seen it?
    What's relevant is that moral decay and decadence does spread and eat up a society. I gave you examples of civilizations eaten up with it.

    Why do you think it has to be any different than when straight men chase women in order to satisfy you that it is a regular practice among a large segment of homosexuals? Homosexuals have been trying to seduce straight men probably forever and it's absurd to pretend that doesn't happen all the time. Like I said, the real crux of this whole "marriage equivalency" crusade is purely for the sake of normalizing homosexuality (moral equivalency) in order to facilitate recruitment of potential sexual partners.

    You don't have to believe it and it'll never matter in the long run because what's going to happen will happen whether you or anyone else can face the ugly truth about it or not. Suffice to say homosexuals will never be thronging to get married. Only in those rare situations when it will actually be a tax benefit for a couple will that happen. It just makes no sense for them and most homosexuals I've known have always thought marriage was a really stupid idea for any but "breeders".
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,715

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    What's relevant is that moral decay and decadence does spread and eat up a society. I gave you examples of civilizations eaten up with it.

    Why do you think it has to be any different than when straight men chase women in order to satisfy you that it is a regular practice among a large segment of homosexuals? Homosexuals have been trying to seduce straight men probably forever and it's absurd to pretend that doesn't happen all the time. Like I said, the real crux of this whole "marriage equivalency" crusade is purely for the sake of normalizing homosexuality (moral equivalency) in order to facilitate recruitment of potential sexual partners.

    You don't have to believe it and it'll never matter in the long run because what's going to happen will happen whether you or anyone else can face the ugly truth about it or not. Suffice to say homosexuals will never be thronging to get married. Only in those rare situations when it will actually be a tax benefit for a couple will that happen. It just makes no sense for them and most homosexuals I've known have always thought marriage was a really stupid idea for any but "breeders".
    LMAO...if 'straight' men are 'seduced' by gay men....lol...they arent 'straight' men. Some people do experiment and some people are bisexual but you cannot 'create' gays.

    And please support your comments about wanting to marry....in numbers and for $$ (tax benefits)...with something besides opinion. Otherwise the exact same comments apply to straight people and their motives for marrying.

    Btw, almost nothing you write takes lesbians into consideration. Why is that? Mostly because you cannot apply any of your biases to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    LMAO...if 'straight' men are 'seduced' by gay men....lol...they arent 'straight' men.
    I've laughed at a few homosexuals for their fixation on getting straight men for that very reason, but that doesn't stop them from trying like hell and the normalization of homosexuality does seem to aid them in this endeavor.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    LMAO...if 'straight' men are 'seduced' by gay men....lol...they arent 'straight' men. Some people do experiment and some people are bisexual but you cannot 'create' gays.

    And please support your comments about wanting to marry....in numbers and for $$ (tax benefits)...with something besides opinion. Otherwise the exact same comments apply to straight people and their motives for marrying.

    Btw, almost nothing you write takes lesbians into consideration. Why is that? Mostly because you cannot apply any of your biases to them.
    Why do lesbians need to be taken into consideration. It's homosexuality. I've known some lesbians but having a homosexual brother has made the male homosexual a lot easier to get to understand.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  8. #38
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,726

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    I think the term you're looking for is "moral equivalency" and, yes, I would agree that moral equivalency is at the root of it all.
    No. There is no moral equivalency here.

    The pro-equality argument is morally superior. The anti-equality crowd is fighting against the rights of a minority group based solely on their personal disapproval of the minority's actions. This is antithetical to individual liberty.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #39
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,726

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    What's relevant is that moral decay and decadence does spread and eat up a society. I gave you examples of civilizations eaten up with it.

    Why do you think it has to be any different than when straight men chase women in order to satisfy you that it is a regular practice among a large segment of homosexuals? Homosexuals have been trying to seduce straight men probably forever and it's absurd to pretend that doesn't happen all the time. Like I said, the real crux of this whole "marriage equivalency" crusade is purely for the sake of normalizing homosexuality (moral equivalency) in order to facilitate recruitment of potential sexual partners.

    You don't have to believe it and it'll never matter in the long run because what's going to happen will happen whether you or anyone else can face the ugly truth about it or not. Suffice to say homosexuals will never be thronging to get married. Only in those rare situations when it will actually be a tax benefit for a couple will that happen. It just makes no sense for them and most homosexuals I've known have always thought marriage was a really stupid idea for any but "breeders".
    All of this is 100% irrelevant to individual liberty. Someone's choice to marry, or not do so,is not your concern. Your personal disapproval does not provide the government the authority to make a distinction of gender in a legal contract.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    All of this is 100% irrelevant to individual liberty. Someone's choice to marry, or not do so,is not your concern. Your personal disapproval does not provide the government the authority to make a distinction of gender in a legal contract.
    If the legal contract is marriage I fully expect gender distinctions to be made since marriage isn't "a couple of something". It is one of the male and one of the female joined together. It's not two male fittings awkwardly taped together to try to complete a circuit. Or two female fittings with some sort of adapter to make them work in a way they weren't supposed to.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •