Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 175

Thread: Appeals court upholds decision overturning Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban

  1. #21
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    The dirty little secret no one seems to be willing to talk about and every proponent of homosexuality will deny is that this fight isn't really about rights. It's about "normalization" of homosexuality. Asserting that homosexuality is just a normal lifestyle choice makes recruitment easier. Societies that sanction homosexuality end up with rampant homosexuality. I know many try to argue that homosexuality isn't a choice, but that argument is false because for many, if not all, it certainly is or was a choice. Moral decay is a pretty fast growing disease with some pretty serious consequences. This is just one more sign that the greatest days of this country are in our history already.
    I think the term you're looking for is "moral equivalency" and, yes, I would agree that moral equivalency is at the root of it all.

  2. #22
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Politically or personally?
    Publicly. And when you're the President that's all that really matters because it all gets politicized, anyway.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    They are not wasting money, they are doing their jobs defending the laws of their state. The ones wasting money are those crying for the judicial activism and making us pay to defend the same law over and over and over again for the last four decades. A very small percentage of this country have cost the people billions because they want to play house like the heteros.
    It's been supported in every single state where challenged. They are wasting taxpayer $$. In order to make political points. In order to retain the bigot vote.

    The bold is just dehumanizing and bigoted. It actually diminishes the institution of marriage in general. "PLaying house." Hey, if it's such bull****, why are ya'll working so hard to protect it from 'the geighs!'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    Publicly. And when you're the President that's all that really matters because it all gets politicized, anyway.
    Not really. Politically politicians want to get elected. Once in office, they can actually change their publicly stated positions and make a difference. Same might...is...happening on pot legalization IMO.

    Besides, are you saying that people cant learn more and change their minds, legitimately?

    "For the man that does not change his mind, is to say he is no wiser today than he was yesterday."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #25
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Not really. Politically politicians want to get elected. Once in office, they can actually change their publicly stated positions and make a difference. Same might...is...happening on pot legalization IMO.

    Besides, are you saying that people cant learn more and change their minds, legitimately?

    "For the man that does not change his mind, is to say he is no wiser today than he was yesterday."
    I think you're reading more into what I said than is actually there.

    During Barrack Obama's 1st term he was publicly NOT a supporter of SSM. Somewhere between then and now he changed his stance. It is merely a statement of fact. It's relevance to the topic at hand is just to point out that people who don't support SSM at this moment in time are getting a rather healthy and unjust barrage of criticism considering that very recently some prominent liberals weren't even on board.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    I think you're reading more into what I said than is actually there.

    During Barrack Obama's 1st term he was publicly NOT a supporter of SSM. Somewhere between then and now he changed his stance. It is merely a statement of fact. It's relevance to the topic at hand is just to point out that people who don't support SSM at this moment in time are getting a rather healthy and unjust barrage of criticism considering that very recently some prominent liberals weren't even on board.
    I'd say that the relevance is that politicians go with the way the wind blows and if it gains enough momentum and that wind shifts....so do they if they can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #27
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    A word to the wise: Don't count your USSC rulings before they are hatched. A majority that allows certain employers to prevent their employees' insurance from covering medical procedures and medications based on the employer's religious beliefs is certainly not a slam-dunk to uphold the constitutional protections of SSM.

    I certainly have my fingers crossed that they do, and eliminate all this state-by-state bigotry once and for all... but I am not at all confident in this particular SCOTUS.
    that is apples and oranges.

    SSM is about the Constitution being applied equally. Hobby Lobby was about government over-reach.
    One denies a right the other is seen (wrongly in my opinion but I am not a Justice) upholding a right.

  8. #28
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I'd say that the relevance is that politicians go with the way the wind blows and if it gains enough momentum and that wind shifts....so do they if they can.
    So if the wind should begin to shift the other way then the people who oppose SSM aren't bigoted homophobes anymore?

  9. #29
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    So if the wind should begin to shift the other way then the people who oppose SSM aren't bigoted homophobes anymore?
    Sure. Just like if society decides to reduce women back to 2nd class citizens...they would all of a sudden be morally on the high ground. /sarcasm

    Society does move forward. Ignorance can be changed.

    Personally, I find it embarrassing to think that future generations will look back at this period in history and think we were very ignorant at best and malicious at worst in our treatment of gays. Just like we do looking back at those who accepted slavery. I do not want that to be the view future generations have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,169

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    The dirty little secret no one seems to be willing to talk about and every proponent of homosexuality will deny is that this fight isn't really about rights. It's about "normalization" of homosexuality.
    Right and you heard this from another bigoted source.

    Asserting that homosexuality is just a normal lifestyle choice makes recruitment easier.
    Right the fags and the illiuminaty are now poised to take over the world and are directly competing for it with Brain and Pinky.

    Societies that sanction homosexuality end up with rampant homosexuality.
    Right and you have so many examples that you can not even provide one.

    I know many try to argue that homosexuality isn't a choice
    No need to argue that facts are facts even when they are not liked.

    but that argument is false because for many, if not all, it certainly is or was a choice.
    You experimented?

    Moral decay is a pretty fast growing disease with some pretty serious consequences.
    Good thing the that we have a good number of bigoted individuals that stand guard and protect us form the deviants.

    This is just one more sign that the greatest days of this country are in our history already.
    Or just your paranoia.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •