Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 175

Thread: Appeals court upholds decision overturning Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Yeah, well. I would care less about who has sex with who, whowrer economics and geo-politics is by far a more complicated socioeconomic issue than gay marriage, And I would truly would love to talk about that over social issues - even on a global level or geographic level - here in the United State (where I thinking several of our economic ideas here in the sates have epic flaws when it government to regional standard of living.

    If you would like to start a thread on geo/regional economics even considering those in the sates I would love to debate.
    I agree with you there. However, short of government getting out of marriage (which we know they won't do) the legalization of SSM is inevitable so the GOP should stop fighting it so more pressing matter can be fixed.

  2. #132
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    Again... what facts are you talking about?
    fact that it is about equal rights, civil uninons are not equal to marriage both facts that destroy your posts lol

    let us know when you have somethign factual that you can defend, we'll be waiting
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #133
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    My argument is that society needn't be forced to endorse homosexuality. Period. women on women, men on men... neither is something society should be forced to endorse against their will.
    No one has been forced, you're just living in 1950s so you don't realize that most now simply disagree with you.

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I actually agree with you there. However, we BOTH know NEITHER side is going to concede marriage from the government. That's a fact. Therefore the only course of action for gays is to obtain that same right as they have been.

    There are religions that accept SSM so more power to them. I would love to see the government out of marriage, but it isn't going to happen. If I could ever vote on it I would vote to get government OUT of marriage altogether.
    I have never had a problem with homosexuals - However I have had it with homosexual flaunting their homosexuality unnecessary in publican in an attempt to make public spectacle out of it to mainstream and perhaps attempt to "normalize it" when in reality - even those that support homosexual marriage can be extremely uncomfortable around homosexuals when they get "affectionate" in public places.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I have never had a problem with homosexuals - However I have had it with homosexual flaunting their homosexuality unnecessary in publican in an attempt to make public spectacle out of it to mainstream and perhaps attempt to "normalize it" when in reality - even those that support homosexual marriage can be extremely uncomfortable around homosexuals when they get "affectionate" in public places.
    Homosexuality is normal in the sense that despite there being a same sex partner they live their lives like anyone else. Yes, there are those that are flamboyant, however, the majority are not.

    Now I understand YOUR religion may not condone it, however to that I say don't involve yourself with a homosexual partner and you'll be fine.

    Gays are not going to go away and if people would stop making such a big deal out of SSM, I would bet a weeks salary that the flamboyancy would decrease exponentially.

    BTW This is the most civil conversation I've had with you regarding the subject. I like it that way and would like to keep it going in that direction. I tip my hat off to you there sir.

  6. #136
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Why do lesbians need to be taken into consideration. It's homosexuality. I've known some lesbians but having a homosexual brother has made the male homosexual a lot easier to get to understand.
    So since you keep bringing it up, does your brother know you hate him so, or is DP your dumping ground to avoid saying anything repulsive in front of him?

  7. #137
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    1.)Or maybe the US can just stop recognizing marriages altogether
    2.) and let the sacrament of religion adhere to religion?
    3.)That's the only FAIR way to tackle such social issue
    4.) considering Mariiage is NOT a civil right and it has NEVER been a civil right in any civilization that I'm familiar with.
    5.) Governments have ALWAYS been at the forefront of this marriage debacle..... When the general consensus of popular votes have done it the democratic way the measure ALWAYS FAILS....
    6.)Of course a libertarian would always come up with such a sane and FAIR outcome for all.
    7.)Unions are by your church - not by a bunch of suits in the Beltway/NE/etc.. arguing existing nonsense bonding are or should be illegal on speculation.
    8.)That sort of wording was NEVER in the Constitution NOR was it ever in the Bill of Rights....
    9.) My opinions on the subject don't mater
    10.) - what does are the words of our founding father
    11.) and how twisted and vague Constitution Amendments can twisted into anything they want and can ant can be .......

    The Federal and State goverments have played a much larger role in the gay and lesbian community than local communities have in the past.

    12.) Now we can't use these vague words in the Constitution to validate homosexual marriage when those said words can validate juts about anything ...

    13.) Besides in this day in age in 2014 it maybe abnormal to in gauge in a homosexual relationship, but at the same time hardly illegal.

    14.) My only concern is that those relationships are not taken too far in public as an act of defiance.

    15.)Yes as a libertarian a my political affiliation - I certain do not agree with their lifestyle -- however I am far as from accepting it just as long as they don't bother more.
    1.) can never happen government protects rights/contracts
    2.) this is already the case, government has nothign to do with religious marriage and vice versa
    3.) factually false as reality proves. Equal rights is the only way
    4.) your familiarity with facts isnt needed marriage is a right
    5.) also factually false and government needs to protect the contract
    6.) LMAO please do not speak for all libertarians, many totally support equal rights/SSM
    7.) churches are meanignless to this discussion they hold no barring what so ever
    8.) the wording is already present to protect these rights see the MANY court cases (spare us the mentally retarded failed strawman about activist judges, nobody educated and honest takes it seriously)
    9.) 100% correct
    10.) yes they do
    11.) this is only your opinion and its one you have never been able to logically or factually support, nobody honest buys it

    12.) good thing they dont validate it they only protect the contract and again the second part is your unsupportable meanignless opinion

    13.) meanignless opinion that doesnt matter to ER/SSM

    14.) meaningless concern and meanignless to ER/SSM
    15.) more meanignless banter that has nothing to do with ER/SSM
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #138
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I have never had a problem with homosexuals - However I have had it with homosexual flaunting their homosexuality unnecessary in publican in an attempt to make public spectacle out of it to mainstream and perhaps attempt to "normalize it" when in reality - even those that support homosexual marriage can be extremely uncomfortable around homosexuals when they get "affectionate" in public places.
    im uncomfortable around people i find ugly (straight or gay) being affectionate or flaunting thier opinion of thier sexuality/sexiness in public


    whats that have to do with equal rights and SSM again?

    oh thats right nothing lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #139
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    I never said anything about a formal offer being extended federally. My only comment on the matter was that the CONCEPT of civil unions was rejected by the gay community. It was. If you're trying to say that it wasn't then maybe you could point me to some of the gay rights groups who supported it?

    Look, you and a couple of others here took issue with me stating that gay marriage was rooted in the desire for moral equivalency. I don't find anything profound or controversial at all about that statement. I even acknowledged that IF I were gay I'd probably be seeking the same thing. So what is the bid deal about saying it out loud? Am I wrong? Do gay couples really not give a **** about it?
    What exactly is the point of civil unions for gays? It creates a new bureaucracy...bigger govt. Arent conservatives against that?

    If it offers all the same things...why? "Marriage" means exactly the same thing to gays as it does to straight couples...what is a concrete reason to deny them this and create a whole new structure? Or is it just the same structure with a different label? Do you see how silly that sounds? It's 'just a label?'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #140
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Everybody know (well anyone that is politically informed knows) that the president can either be disposed of or impeached via high crimes and misdemeanors...(high crimes such as Murder or Treason) and mistomenors such as perjury , theft or even a DUI.... Now do you think Obama would EVER take the stand in any case? - the most ironic thing is that IF Obama was impeached he would play "dumb president" and his defense would be that his administration was anarchistic and tyrannical and made their own decisions on their own volition and Obama had nothing to do with any of that.... Of course the evidence that proves he was behind it would either be lost or extremely blacked out - like most "top secret" documents are that have been filed and released by the US government via the FOIA....

    If Obama was impeached with substantial evidence -this would be the trial of the next 500 yeas.

    Obama is certainly one of the most spiteful and damaging presidents in US history against US citizens and our economy, and I believe a strong pseudo-case an be made with that, however the patriot act certainly puts a damper on how much information a special prosecutor could obtain due to that fact alone.

    Furthermore Obama is an evil man on a mission - he is not stupid enough to take the trial in an alleged impeachment via cross examination.

    Once Obama is a civilian he will end up with the blago treatment.......

    My sense tell me as a civilian he will be indicted on well over 500-750 charges because they directly connect NOT to international law but to US law.

    What is good for the Goose is Good For the Gander.
    ?????
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •