Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 175

Thread: Appeals court upholds decision overturning Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban

  1. #101
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    1.)That sentence in bold seems like BS on the surface.
    2.)Married couples get certain federal benefits based on marriage.
    3.)The concept of civil unions gave the same benefits from what I understand.
    4.) If they didn't, what was the difference?
    1.) what it seems like in your opinion is irrelevant to facts lol
    2.) correct which civil unions and domestic partnerships are not, hence not equal
    3.) and your understanding is factually false. the fed doesnt even HAVE set regulations for this nor do the small amounts of rules that apply equal marriage in anyway lol
    4.) property, taxes, medical decisions, child rights, testifying against each other, etc etc etc

    You should educate yourself more about this topic before making false claims

    Im sorry you are severely misinformed on this issue but the fact remains they are not equal and again that fact will never change.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #102
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    And that is a total cop out. Why would the federal government go through the hassle of creating a formal recognition of something that hadn't been created yet? Civil Unions was never anything more than a concept. A concept that was rejected. Why was the concept rejected? That's what I'm asking.
    because it was factually not equal LMAO

    why would anybody accept inequality and being treated as a lesser
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #103
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,140

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    And that is a total cop out. Why would the federal government go through the hassle of creating a formal recognition of something that hadn't been created yet? Civil Unions was never anything more than a concept. A concept that was rejected. Why was the concept rejected? That's what I'm asking.
    Civil unions are more than a concept. Every state already has civil unions that are not the same as marriage even though most states ban same sex couples from entering into those civil unions.

    The federal government has never recognized any civil union.
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

  4. #104
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,140

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Again.

    Marriage Compared to Civil Unions | LegalMatch Law Library

    A basic run down of civil unions, domestic partnerships, and marriages, all of which ALREADY exist as more than concepts.
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

  5. #105
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,705
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) what it seems like in your opinion is irrelevant to facts lol
    2.) correct which civil unions and domestic partnerships are not, hence not equal
    3.) and your understanding is factually false. the fed doesnt even HAVE set regulations for this nor do the small amounts of rules that apply equal marriage in anyway lol
    4.) property, taxes, medical decisions, child rights, testifying against each other, etc etc etc

    Im sorry you are severely misinformed on this issue but the fact remains they are not equal and again that fact will never change.

    And you should learn to read a little better. What did I "claim"? I claimed that the pursuit of marriage rights was rooted in the desire for moral equivalency. Nothing you have responded to me with even addresses that very simple statement/observation. Why is that so uncomfortable to deal with?

    As for the whole "the fed doesn't recognize civil unions" angle? That's along the same lines as arguing that we weren't equipped to handle all of the women voters should the 19th amendment pass.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    I don't even comprehend how any of these pieces of SSM are even taken seriously considering there is no real federal legislating gays and lesbians to be married.

    My personal position on the subject is completely different than what was manifested in the Constitution.... Hell if DOMA is a legitimate document then this whole SSM nonsense would be shocked down every time....

    What I see is a Federal and some state government that are absolutely hypocritical in their laws....... The states and the federal government that founded this nation have turned in to absolute tyranny.

    Now if the federal government or even sates want to deal with this issue than they can amend the Constitution(s)..... Until then they can stop using vague clauses that could justify just about anything.....

    IMO, I hate this issue with a passion because it addresses a needless social issue in the middle of an economic hazard - save the social nonsense for after we get this economy back on track (which is difficult to do with Obama's anti-non-union private business vendetta.

  7. #107
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    1.)And you should learn to read a little better.
    2.)What did I "claim"?
    3.) I claimed that the pursuit of marriage rights was rooted in the desire for moral equivalency.
    4.) Nothing you have responded to me with even addresses that very simple statement/observation.
    5.)Why is that so uncomfortable to deal with?
    6.)As for the whole "the fed doesn't recognize civil unions" angle?
    7.)That's along the same lines as arguing that we weren't equipped to handle all of the women voters should the 19th amendment pass.
    1.) dont need already proved your post and strawman to be false lol
    2.) you claimed:
    civil unions are equal to marriage
    that SSM its not about equal rights

    both are factually false

    3.) correct you claimed that flasehood thanks for doubling down on that proven wrong strawman

    4.) not only does it address it, to the honest, educated and objective people readinf it destroys it lol

    5.) its not facts are easy to accept for me and facts prove your post wrong

    6.) again not an angel its just a fact

    7.) sorry this analogy doesnt work on any level and is not a parallel at all, try again.
    one is a fact one is a subjective opinion. Your post loses again

    do you have ANYTHING relevant , factual or that actually matters?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #108
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,705
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsgirl View Post
    Again.

    Marriage Compared to Civil Unions | LegalMatch Law Library

    A basic run down of civil unions, domestic partnerships, and marriages, all of which ALREADY exist as more than concepts.
    And again, this seems to be the area where we have a disconnect.

    From your source...

    What Is a Civil Union?

    A civil union is a legal status that provides many of the same protections as marriage does to both same-sex or heterosexual couples. However, these protections are only available at the state level. Federal protections such as tax and social security benefits are unavailable to the civilly united. States that have domestic partnership or civil union laws include Colorado, Hawaii, and Illinois.
    What I have been referring to this entire time is that the gay community has rejected the concept of the federal government offering these same protections to civil unions in favor of pursuing actual marriage. In other words, gays weren't interested in anything other than being able to get the "marriage" label stamped on their certificate.

  9. #109
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    And again, this seems to be the area where we have a disconnect.

    From your source...


    What I have been referring to this entire time is that the gay community has rejected the concept of the federal government offering these same protections to civil unions in favor of pursuing actual marriage. In other words, gays weren't interested in anything other than being able to get the "marriage" label stamped on their certificate.
    wrong again, they werent interested cause its wasnt, is not, and can never be equal. Its impossible.

    this is a very easy and factual concept to understand, its hilarious you cant or wont
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #110
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,705
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Virginia falls! Courts deny ban on SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) dont need already proved your post and strawman to be false lol
    2.) you claimed:
    civil unions are equal to marriage
    that SSM its not about equal rights

    both are factually false

    3.) correct you claimed that flasehood thanks for doubling down on that proven wrong strawman

    4.) not only does it address it, to the honest, educated and objective people readinf it destroys it lol

    5.) its not facts are easy to accept for me and facts prove your post wrong

    6.) again not an angel its just a fact

    7.) sorry this analogy doesnt work on any level and is not a parallel at all, try again.
    one is a fact one is a subjective opinion. Your post loses again

    do you have ANYTHING relevant , factual or that actually matters?
    Oh for Christ sake would you just give it a rest!

    I'm stopping at #2...

    What Is a Civil Union?

    2.) you claimed:
    civil unions are equal to marriage
    that SSM its not about equal rights
    I never claimed EITHER. You, son, are LYING. I said that SSM is about seeking moral equivalency. That's it. Is seeking moral equivalency somehow not a noble endeavor?

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •