Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 306

Thread: Raven ray Rice suspended 2 games

  1. #61
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,067

    Re: Raven ray Rice suspended 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    why?

    Ray Lewis should have been kicked out of the league....he wasnt....another bad NFL decision

    This is Mr. Rice acting as if men are still neanderthals.....

    We no longer walk around with clubs knocking out our women

    And there is never any justification for doing do

    What he did was knock his then girlfriend unconscious, and then drag her out of an elevator

    that sir is assault...and spousal abuse (since she is now his wife)

    the penalty should be a MINIMUM of six games.....and if it was my decision, he would sit for the season

    He would also have to speak to a few battered women's shelters

    Maybe then he will get the idea on how wrong he was
    All true. And the legal system did nothing.

  2. #62
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Raven ray Rice suspended 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    why?

    Ray Lewis should have been kicked out of the league....he wasnt....another bad NFL decision

    This is Mr. Rice acting as if men are still neanderthals.....

    We no longer walk around with clubs knocking out our women

    And there is never any justification for doing do

    What he did was knock his then girlfriend unconscious, and then drag her out of an elevator

    that sir is assault...and spousal abuse (since she is now his wife)

    the penalty should be a MINIMUM of six games.....and if it was my decision, he would sit for the season

    He would also have to speak to a few battered women's shelters

    Maybe then he will get the idea on how wrong he was
    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Which is more absurd....?

    The fact that (1) Rice received only a two-game suspension by the NFL, (2) that the legal system convicted him of nothing, or (3) that the woman he punched married him anyway?

    The NFL delivered the harshest punishment of anybody, sad as it is.
    I think the punishment was just fine. And you know why? Because the wife didn't have a problem with it. So if the wife didn't have a problem with it, then why the hell do you guys have a problem with it then?

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-09-15 @ 08:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,023

    Re: Raven ray Rice suspended 2 games

    Ray Rice was given a standing ovation by the Ravens DWFs when he jogged onto the practice field today.......we live in a sick society.......but I suppose after the message sent by the Ravens and NFL in the Ray Lewis murder case this seemed normal to them.....

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Raven ray Rice suspended 2 games

    I think Ray Rice is a pig.

    But I do not think the NFL has any business suspending people for what they do off of the field.

    I realize there are moral clauses in the players contracts...but I do not think their should be any.

    And I understand the NFL wants to promote an image for their players...but I still do not think a company has a right to fine/suspend you based on your off field behavior. I think it can lead to a very slippery slope here companies can start having 'moral judgement panels' that monitor your movements and reduce your pay if you do not follow their personal judgement/moral standards. Maybe (in extreme cases) they (or other corporations) don't like their employees drinking too much alcohol or smoking or living together out of wedlock or being anti-Christian or believing in abortion or any number of things.

    I am not saying it should be illegal for the NFL to do that...I just personally do not like it.


    If the fans/sponsors are appalled by the behavior of the NFL players then they can exercise economic boycotts to force the NFL to suspend/fire players/coaches/etc..

    That is the way I believe the NFL (and all businesses) should regulate morality...not by some arbitrary standards set by the owners.
    Last edited by DA60; 07-29-14 at 08:00 PM.

  5. #65
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Raven ray Rice suspended 2 games

    I also created a thread concerning the suspension of Stephen A Smith in regards to what he said on the top for those who are interested:

    Thread: Stephen A. Smith SUSPENDED by ESPN for Domestic Violence Remarks (And Why It's BS)

  6. #66
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Raven ray Rice suspended 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by northwinds View Post
    Ray Rice was given a standing ovation by the Ravens DWFs when he jogged onto the practice field today.......we live in a sick society.......but I suppose after the message sent by the Ravens and NFL in the Ray Lewis murder case this seemed normal to them.....
    I can understand how you feel that way, but take into consideration the beating he's taking in the media for a two game suspension. He's already apologized for his actions, and the wife supports him... what more do you want?

  7. #67
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Raven ray Rice suspended 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I think Ray Rice is a pig.

    But I do not think the NFL has any business suspending people for what they do off of the field.

    I realize there are moral clauses in the players contracts...but I do not think their should be any.

    And I understand the NFL wants to promote an image for their players...but I still do not think a company has a right to fine/suspend you based on your off field behavior.

    I am not saying it should be illegal for the NFL to do that...I just personally do not like it.


    If the fans/sponsors are appalled by the behavior of the NFL players then they can exercise economic boycotts to force the NFL to suspend/fire players/coaches/etc..

    That is the way I believe the NFL (and all businesses) should regulate morality.
    Wait, so you're not okay with the NFL suspending players but are fine if the fans boycott and then the NFL suspends players?

  8. #68
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: Raven ray Rice suspended 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I think Ray Rice is a pig.

    But I do not think the NFL has any business suspending people for what they do off of the field.

    I realize there are moral clauses in the players contracts...but I do not think their should be any.

    And I understand the NFL wants to promote an image for their players...but I still do not think a company has a right to fine/suspend you based on your off field behavior.

    I am not saying it should be illegal for the NFL to do that...I just personally do not like it.


    If the fans/sponsors are appalled by the behavior of the NFL players then they can exercise economic boycotts to force the NFL to suspend/fire players/coaches/etc..

    That is the way I believe the NFL (and all businesses) should regulate morality.
    They absolutely do. The off-field misdeeds of players negatively affects the NFL's brand, and the NFL has every right to protect their brand.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #69
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Raven ray Rice suspended 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    They absolutely do. The off-field misdeeds of players negatively affects the NFL's brand, and the NFL has every right to protect their brand.
    Too true. It's not just the brand, but it hurts the league's bottom lines when one of these dumb-asses does something stupid. Not the same league, but just look at all the sponsors that pulled after the Sterling leak.

  10. #70
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,145

    Re: Raven ray Rice suspended 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    They absolutely do. The off-field misdeeds of players negatively affects the NFL's brand, and the NFL has every right to protect their brand.
    if you dissociate the brand from the offensive player, then the brand is being protected
    but allowing the player to return to the league to continue to play ... there is no brand protection by that action
    the most that could be said is that the loss of income to the player because of the sanction might serve to dissuade other players who would otherwise engage in off-putting off-field behavior
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •