Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 306

Thread: Raven ray Rice suspended 2 games

  1. #291
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,490
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Raven ray Rice suspended 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    Who said anything about a teammate? Are you just picking the kind of guys who you think could take it rather than going with what I was actually talking about?
    You said we should consider it " a physical altercation between two people and not bring in preconceptions about gender". I'm saying there's degrees. It could be an altercation between two people if the people are evenly matched but this was just a vicious assault.
    "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid people. I meant that stupid people are generally Conservatives."
    -John Stuart Mill-

  2. #292
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Raven ray Rice suspended 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Nope.

    Employers have no business being in an employee's personal life.
    In at-will employment states an employer can fire a worker for any (legal) reason. And the employee can quit for any reason.

    Employers with businesses certainly need to keep their business reputations clean....employing known violent people can harm your business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #293
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Raven ray Rice suspended 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean007 View Post
    I wish her the best of luck as well, and I don't blame her at all for staying. There are many reasons a woman stays with a guy who has hit her (even once is abuse in my book), the biggest one being fear.

    Perhaps the better question in domestic violence cases is not to ask her why she stays but to ask HIM why he HIT her in the first place. I seriously doubt that it was a case of self-defense, given the difference in their sizes.
    She hit him first. There's no excuse for that either.

    And I have no respect for her or for any woman (without kids) that stays in such a relationship. Fear or not....leave and get help.

    Once kids are involved it is much harder for a woman to leave but just as important...as the kids are likely to be abused as well and to grow up thinking it's ok to hit other people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #294
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Raven ray Rice suspended 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    You said we should consider it " a physical altercation between two people and not bring in preconceptions about gender". I'm saying there's degrees. It could be an altercation between two people if the people are evenly matched but this was just a vicious assault.
    So, are you saying your reaction and the media reaction would be exactly the same if it was a close male friend of Ray's of similar build and ability as his fiancé?
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  5. #295
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,490
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Raven ray Rice suspended 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    So, are you saying your reaction and the media reaction would be exactly the same if it was a close male friend of Ray's of similar build and ability as his fiancé?
    Probably not exactly, no. I was taught to not pick a fight with guys smaller than me, and never with a woman. Weren't you taught that it's particularly heinous and cowardly to beat up a woman?
    "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid people. I meant that stupid people are generally Conservatives."
    -John Stuart Mill-

  6. #296
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: Raven ray Rice suspended 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Nope.

    Employers have no business being in an employee's personal life.

    you're kidding, right?

    i do complete background investigations

    i do drug screening

    i have someone on staff who makes sure no one in the company is posting idiocy to social sites

    the days are long gone when employers had no say in your "other" life

    you represent our company, whether at work or not

    imagine a daycare center hiring a known sex offender

    or a trucking company hiring a guy with three DWI's

    before we interview, we check the social networks for young graduates

    gives us an idea on who we are talking to.......

    yeah....george orwell had it right......between your job and the government, there isnt much privacy nowadays
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  7. #297
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,863

    Raven ray Rice suspended 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    you're kidding, right?

    i do complete background investigations

    i do drug screening

    i have someone on staff who makes sure no one in the company is posting idiocy to social sites

    the days are long gone when employers had no say in your "other" life

    you represent our company, whether at work or not

    imagine a daycare center hiring a known sex offender

    or a trucking company hiring a guy with three DWI's

    before we interview, we check the social networks for young graduates

    gives us an idea on who we are talking to.......

    yeah....george orwell had it right......between your job and the government, there isnt much privacy nowadays
    Good for you.

    You're baking money invading other's privacy.

    You must be so proud.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  8. #298
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: Raven ray Rice suspended 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Good for you.

    You're baking money invading other's privacy.

    You must be so proud.

    dont know about proud

    but my job is to protect my company

    you dont like it.....dont work for me....easy solution

    everyone that walks in the door gets the same information, and has to make the same choices

    some, like you, refuse to work under those conditions

    others have no issue with it
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  9. #299
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,863

    Re: Raven ray Rice suspended 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    dont know about proud

    but my job is to protect my company

    you dont like it.....dont work for me....easy solution

    everyone that walks in the door gets the same information, and has to make the same choices

    some, like you, refuse to work under those conditions

    others have no issue with it
    Looks there are no tests for capitalization, punctuation, nor periods, either.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  10. #300
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: Raven ray Rice suspended 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Looks there are no tests for capitalization, punctuation, nor periods, either.

    aaaah

    another child disguised as a dp poster

    and another on my ignore list

    one of these days, people will learn there is a difference between disagreeing and just being a-holes
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •